RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paladin spells

Minion5

Wanderer
Well its about double i tested this my self, i was doing 27 normal damge to an ogre, when i use Enemy of one it takes 20 mana and 20 tithing points

I was doing about 37-42 damge on all ogre types there was also a troll there as well and i was only doing 25 damge to it but still doing the extra damge to the ogre,s

So i gathered out of 2 hours of studying that enemy of one only works for that monster type, not other until you cast it again

I may be wrong but thats what it seemd to me

Minion5

Wanderer
ohh and one more thing i got that info as well on Stratics so you can go there and read for your self i am sure you will get the same info i have :}

its under AOS the paladian and it tells you what the sepll does and how much damge/resists/and the defence lowerd

http://uo.stratics.com/content/guides/paladinabilities.shtml

Actually, I think it may rely on the creatures model. Seeing as it seemed to work on more than one type of bird, but I haven't exactly checked into that.

"The next target hit becomes the Paladin's Mortal Enemy. All melee damage dealt to that exact creature type is increased, but the Paladin takes extra damage from all other creature types. Mortal Enemy creature types will highlight Orange to the Paladin. Duration of the spell is affected by the Caster's Karma and lasts for 1.5 to 3.5 minutes."
That says nothing about anything being lowered. *methinks you confused to two spells* The other paladin spell lowers your defenses.
Also, I'll check into ogres myself, but according to the PvM calculator on stratics and the damage I dealt to the zombies it is only half. However, Maybe that might be affected by karma? I've read nothing about this, but you may be right. I'll take a loot into it, but from my tests I can safely assume a beginning paladin only does an extra half damage.

Minion5

Wanderer
ok to go further into the test i used no special wep just a normal katana i was doing 16 damage on averge

i used enemy of one on a red solen worker i was now doing 23 damge so bout 7 point increase and imy karma is at just the Admirable,

now second test i hit a red solen warrior and was doing same damge as i was on the worker, give or take a point,

My friend was Glorious and he used same wep as me and he went from 17 damge to 26 so he went up 10 points so i guess in this i think Karma has something to do with it how well your spells act, either that or his 120 swords is better then my 120 tatcics, either way, not double damge at all anywhere from 5-15 points increase and it depends on the targets resist to physical,

Graendur

Wanderer
Enemy of One is not by model. If you use it on an ogre lord then normal ogres will do the double damage to you, and if you use it on a red drake you will do the extra damage to grey/green drakes also.

Sorry to contradict ya but he went up 9 points :), And that's about half.

You got to realize you don't just do one set damage amount. You should record all the damage you do and take within a limit of say 10 hits? The more the better, but I just don't have enough time nor bandages and tithe to allow something to hit me 100 times. :-/,
From your information it appears your enemy of one worked on a worker and warrior at the same time. I'd like krrios to get this done and just do it the way stratics says as in only one type of creature for now, but We should test this out further. Anyway, Swords doesn't effect damage, Anatomy does so I don't think karma changes this.

Apparents it's only a 50% increase and the enemies deal 100% more, Although my tests with the lizardmen make me concerned about whether the latters correct or not.

Graendur, thanks for clearing that up, however I still wonder how it works.
We may have to make a list of what creatures are linked together with enemy of one.

Graendur

Wanderer
What shard are you testing on, Designer Dragon?
If you're testing on Drachenfels I can give you bandies and gold for tithing if you'd like. :)

krrios

Administrator
The discrepancies may be explained by how damage is calculated. It may be that a 50%/100% bonus is added to the existing damage bonus. Could you post your character strength, tactics, anatomy, and lumberjacking (if using an axe) here? Also, his resistances would be needed.

Graendur

Wanderer
You'd also need the stats, skills and resistances of the monsters in question... See if you can rope someone with 110 Animal Lore at a bank somewhere if you have the patience. :)

krrios

Administrator
Creature stats can be attained from the uo.stratics.com hunters guide. Chances are the lizardman is dead anyway. ;)

Graendur

Wanderer
Two things:
1) Stratics is in my bad books for misinformation, so I tend to avoid it wherever possible.

2) Monsters spawn with an assortment of stats and skills, also they can sometimes gain stats and skills from killing players (and blue NPCs, especially in Haven).

psz

Administrator
It depends on what you're looking up on Stratics.

If it's old, and hasn't been modified in a while (Say, t-map treasure locations), it's pretty good.

Same for BRAND NEW stuff.

I play on pacific, but the character is only a day old.

The reason I don't understand the discrepancy with the lizardman is that fact that I was using the same armor and I used the same lizardman. Without Enemy of One, (I let him him me a dozen or so times) The highest damage he ever did was 10 and the lowest 7. It never went higher or lower. But when I used enemy of one on another creature it appeared to completely change how it worked from the horse, I'm going to try and retest this soon. I'll also follow this up with a post of my stats and skills, but I have it so they won't raise at the moment so everything I'm doing is being taken from a character with the same stats/skills/and ar.

I'll get back to this in an hour or so, I just spent most of my time grabbing pics of Orcs and their taunts for phantom, I'll post a follow up after I get some rest.

krrios

Administrator
Their hunters guide was updated recently to reflect the UO.com bestiary. Anyway, it seems the damage might be:

+50% when attacking an enemy
+75% when being attacked by a non-enemy

Graendur

Wanderer
Designer Dragon:
The discrepancy may have been the lizardman gaining skills and stats from fighting you. It happens sometimes. I once trained up a lizardman in Haven on some of those useless militia fighters, and after half an hour or so of training it made 2 newbie warriors run off screaming, ran one newbie mage out of reagents (it kept fizzling his spells) and ended up dying to a "w00t w00t 80 magery and a full spellbook" newbie griefer who thought I was training -on- it.

EDIT: I'll supply you with materials to test with on Drachenfels if you'd like, but I live in the UK and I'm about to hit the sack so it'd have to wait until tomorrow. However, if Test Center is still up you can try that to test Chivalry.

I was playing on test center but didn't get much work done, I mainly got my webserver back up after a year of it being down :), I'm lazy. Well, I jut woke up as well, Going to test center if it's still up.

____
Is it just me or is there a lack of spawns on here?

I went to brit gy nude because I noticed when I fought trolls even my weapon would parry, thus lowering the damage of some attacks and completely ruining my test.

Well anyway, with 0 ar I went to fight zombies and this is the same way I did everything else, but this time I got more information.

These are all taken while I was currently using enemy of one on a goat.
Btw, all my resistances were 0 and I had no weapon equipped and the zombie was the same.

To clear all this junk up the only damage it seemed to do to me was
or thusly 8-20. If you notice they are all multiples of two.

Now, seeing as Enemy of One doesn't effect the damage the current enemy deals to you, I used it on the zombie to speed things up a little and this is the damage it dealt to me.

Or
or 4-10. Thusly 1/2 the damage he dealt to me before.

I will try out 2 more creatures, Prolly weak things because I have to do this without armor. Maybe skele's next and then try my luck with a troll.

Oh, and I used enemy of one on the goat first so you can't say he raised skill while I was doing this. :-p
and kriios, I noticed you said you weren't exactly sure when the damage is added in. Neither do I at the moment because this is all being done without any special attacks, etc.... I'll try and screw around with that after I get the basic stuff down.

Okay, a skeleton now

With Enemy Of One used on another creature.

or rather
or very short 8-22.

Now this is when enemy of one timed out. Same skeleton, no armor as usual.

or
Or very short 4-11
Exactly 1/2 the damage he does when I'm targetting another creature with enemy of one.

I may try a lizardman next instead of a troll. Consider it kind of a revenge ;)