RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paladin spells

krrios

Administrator
No, I've enemy of one complete, as well divine fury. Though I still waiting to tweak divine fury to match OSI.

Maybe I can get someone to help me test out divine fury on them, easier than getting ganked by 20+ ravenous beasts. :).
What all needs tweaked? So I know what to check for.
Oh, and what about dispel evil? What all are you missing from it?

CraZy_NooB

Wanderer
*hides in corner* :oops: :oops:

looks like i missed the post b4 this i was typing while he posted :(

so pretty much it's done, but all you need to do is hop on osi and test it all out.

Minion5

Wanderer
Only thing is when i casted Diven fury on Great Lakes shard it didnt add any damge to me really. i didnt see much change in damge i did when i used an axe though with diven fury, i was doing 36 damge on averge with a double axe (GM) and once i casted it i was doing 45 on averge every hit for about 30 seconds.

One problem i noticed though about Divine fury when you use it on good aliment creatures (pixies/wisps/ethy warriors....it did less damge then it did on bad aliment creatures not sure if that helps anything.

CraZy_NooB

Wanderer
all paladin spells are based on karma, as far as i know, length etc. if you had max karam, it will last a long time, and if you have negative karma, say consecrate weapon will only last a few seconds.

Graendur

Wanderer
I don't know why they'd be casting enemy of one in PvP. It has no effect on PvP whatsoever, I know because it was one of the first things I tried against reds when I wanted to Knight Justice.

Divine Fury only increased my damage by one min one max ever, but I had 70 str, GM Tact, GM Anat, 115 Fencing, and a 31% damage increase kryss (also 24% mana leech and 24% hit lightning if you were wondering why I'd be using it in PvP).

On a couple of side notes:
I cancelled my OSI account about 5 minutes ago, so I'm forced to retract my offer of bandies and gold. :)

And will we see the other Virtues in RunUO before OSI gets around to finally finishing them on their busy schedule?

hehe, That's okay. I think test center allowed us to figure 90% of it out anyway. I forgot to thank you for the offer though.

____
Btw, Kriios I was also wondering what all is needed for Death adder and Animate Dead. I think Death Adder had nothing to do with calculations, just gave you the ability to control all snakes without taming them.
But I'd like to find out what's needed for Dispel Evil and Divine Fury first.
:)

Graendur

Wanderer
I can help a little with the Animate Dead spell. I used it alot in guild hunts to create quick cannon fodder when someone stood still for too long when hunting shadow wyrms in Destard.

I think krrios left us :), or maybe it's because I've sat here waiting for him to post in this thread for the past 24 hours. Maybe he has a life unlike me :)

CraZy_NooB

Wanderer
Death adder just gave you control of a summoned animal, more or less the same as a summoned scorpion, or even a pig, about the same thing as a tamed ice worm does, just you can summon it with the right necro skill.

Animate Dead just checks what monster corpse is being clicked on, and creates a respective mosnter for the corpse name, if you noticed on osi (test or not) that most of the monster types generated the same thing, dragons, drakes, shadow wyrms, made the skeletal dragons, humanoid monsters created flesh golems, the only other thinga bout it is they have a timer that will count and every few seconds they lose one point of hp, until they are dead

Death Adder also lets you control snakes. I read that it let you have them attack other people, but they would still attack you. Kind of like snake charming, you don't actually tame one.

____
Animate dead also made pathwork skeletons from NPC humans.

CraZy_NooB

Wanderer
well yea, obviously i forgot a few things in animate dead, i just meant like evil mages, for example, there are quite a few other things that come up, skeletal steeds from horses, all that,

i didn't know that you could control snakes with a death adder, it would only be the snakes in your los, then and they would follow you, or what. because that wouldn't be that hard to script, usually people opt out and leave birds, snakes, etc. out of their shard, but some include it, and that sounds cool. only thing i saw people use death adder for was pvp because they just liked the name.

one bug with death adder was that if it attacked a faction person, while you were opposite faction, you would go grey, and if you were in town would be guard whacked immeditately. kinda sucked, but that was always funny to see.

krrios

Administrator
What I mean is, the next version will have Divine Fury implemented as follows:

Attack Chance +10%
Swing Speed +10%
Damage Bonus +10% (combined with skill and strength bonuses, not after)
Defend Chance -10%

This certainly may be incorrect, and if so, you guys will need to help me adjust it.

krrios

Administrator
As far as I know, Animate Dead is based on a function of your necromancy, spirit speak, and the fame of the creature whos corpse you are animating.

Dispel Evil? What's the percentage chances of dispelling at different levels of karma and chivalry. Also, stratics says it causes monsters to flee? How's that work?

Hanali

Wanderer
krrios said:
As far as I know, Animate Dead is based on a function of your necromancy, spirit speak, and the fame of the creature whos corpse you are animating.

Dispel Evil? What's the percentage chances of dispelling at different levels of karma and chivalry. Also, stratics says it causes monsters to flee? How's that work?

I was a Necro on OSI servers and got almost to GM, so at least I can provide some help. :)

Animate dead is based on the following list-

[code:1]Group 1 (Normal Creatures): Patchwork Skeleton, Bone Magi, Mummy, Bone Knight, Lich, Flesh Golem, Lich Lord.
Group 2 (Dragons): Same as group 1 except the highest levels can animate into a Skeletal Dragon instead if the caster is very powerful.
Group 3 (Insects, not incl. Terathans): All animate into Mound of Maggots.
Group 4 (Elementals): Wraiths, Wailing Banshees.
Group 5 (Horses, Nightmares, Firesteeds, Ki-Rins, Unicorns) Skeletal Steed, Hellsteed.[/code:1]

The higher the fame the more powerful the summoned creature. The animated creatures HP will slowly tick away over time, but the more Spirit Speak the caster has and the more powerful the base creature is will determine the speed of the decay. Animated creatures cannot be healed in any way.

My husband was a Paladin and Dispel Evil works by comparing the amount of karma of the paladin and his/her Chiv skill against the karma/Necro of the necromancer who summoned a creature. If the Paladin is more powerful he/she will have a higher chance of dispelling Animated creatures. (Like the mage spell vs. an elemental) A similar check is made against the stats and fame of the nearby evil creatures and if the Paladin is more powerful the creatures will run instead of attacking. This has a limit though, no player can make a Dragon flee. ;)

Necromancers in transformed states will also take some stamina and mana damage when the spell is cast near them.

Divine fury works like this-

[code:1]Temporarily increases the Paladin's swing speed, chance to hit, and damage dealt, while lowering the Paladin's defenses. Upon casting, the Paladin's Stamina is also refreshed. Duration of the spell is affected by caster's Karma. The effect lasts for 7 to 22 seconds.[/code:1]

This is Enemy of One

[code:1]The next target hit becomes the Paladin's Mortal Enemy. All melee damage dealt to that exact creature type is increased by 50%, but the Paladin takes extra damage from all other creature types. Mortal Enemy creature types will highlight Orange to the Paladin. Duration of the spell is affected by the Caster's Karma and lasts for 1.5 to 3.5 minutes.[/code:1]