RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora 2Beta7

Irian

Page
Pandora 2Beta7

Pandora's Box 2.0.0.7
by Arya, modified (a little bit) by Irian

I just modified Pandora's Box a little, so here is the (totaly unofficial) version 2Beta7 (2.0.0.7) of Pandora.exe.

Changes:

- The deco.xml (where the list of deco items is stored) can now be changed without recompiling anything. Pandora's Box will first search in the profile directory (normaly something like "C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows User Name>\Application Data\Pandora's Box 2\Profiles\<Profile Name\"), then in it's install directory (where the Pandora.exe is located) and only if it didn't find a deco.xml there, it will use the default one (which is contained in the data.dll). This should make it easier to modify the deco.xml (perhaps using the Deco Editor), because no recompiling of the data.dll is needed.

- Added Buttons "Items 1" - "Items 5" to the deco sections. I got this idea from the "Hand of Darus" tool (for sphere). It allows you to select, for example, a floor tile, then switch to "Items 2", select a roof tile, etc. - and if you want the floors again, you don't have to scroll through the list, just click "Items 1" to go back there. This makes building houses, etc. a lot more comfortable:

- The changes in the encryption to make it work with the modified BoxServer for RunUO 2.0. are also included.

- (Almost forgot): The Client Map feature of the BoxServer is now be able to display tokuno.

Installation: Simply backup your old Pandora.exe and then copy this one in the Pandora's Box directory.
This version Needs Dot NET 2.0 to run!

Deco.xml: If you need this file (probably because you want to modify it), it's included in the Pandora's Box sourcecode which you can get here!

Plans for future releases: Completly switch to .Net 2.0 (so that .Net 1.1 isn't needed for installing anymore)

Attachments

• Pandora.zip
    408.2 KB · Views: 4,548
  • Pandora-Source.zip
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 1,573

Irian

Page
Ohm. Yes. I just wanted to wait until I had a package that would be completly Dot NET 2.0, but if you want it... I zipped the source code for the pandora.exe and attached it to the first posting. Have fun with it - I just can't guarantee, that there are no other little changes I made (perhaps even for testing).

Please notice: This sourcecode is only a part of the whole package (the part I modified). If you want to compile your own version, load the whole package from Pandora's Box and replace the /Pandora directory with the files from my .zip.

This is nice. But could I request something more? I am making a server where decoration will play a great role, and I use the generator tool in PB. The tool where you can select certain objects to be generated on random. However you can select only one color in which each object is generated in. Could someone make it so you can select multiple colors and each random object generated will also be hued with a random color from the list you have made? If somebody could make this, I would really appreciate it.

Irian

Page
If anyone else codes it, I will probably include it in my version, but don't expect that feature from me, sorry, I only code what my shard needs and if it could be usefull for other, I'll put it online... As long as nobody on my shard needs this feature, I won't code it :)

Irian

Page
A little update (which probably nobody except me needs *g*):

With this (attached) alternative BoxCL.dll, Pandora's Box is able to work toegether with the newest version of the Palanthir client ( UO Tools ). Of course, you still have to enter the Palanthir.exe as custom client (but I encountered some problems, which are solved with this .dll).

This Update uses the new feature of the palanthir client, which (in the newest version) listens at port 11248 for incoming packets. If the packet has to following format, the client will directly send the message to the server (thus not interfering with something was was typed, but not sent yet):

0 (UInt8)
Packet length (UInt16)
String length (UInt16)
Message (String, bytewise)
0 (UInt8)

Attachments

• BoxCL.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 234

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
I am really having a hard time compiling the box.
I would list the errors but they are so many and change on every compile.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm doing what you said in your last post Irian.
I tried using sharp develop and the errors are different from C#.

Is there any way you can compile it all and post it in script submissions for all of us dummies?... :rolleyes:

Irian

Page
All new compiled files are availe in this script submission or 3rd Party Tools forums. Simply install Pandora 2 Beta 5 (Link above) and copy the new files over it. There are only 2 important threads, search for "BoxServer" in Script submission (and this here is the other thread).

Irian

Page
There is no boxserver in this thread... If you refer to the other posted boxserver, simply read the posting and you'll know what it does.

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
So when you need to recompile the .dll file do you add the xml file after updating it?...

I'm probably InOverMyHead with all of this but I'm trying to understand all this brainiac stuff.....LOL... I couldn't resist.

I'm not even sure how to recompile the data.dll. I guess I'll just to do it by trial and error.

Thanks Irian for all of your help.