RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora 2Beta7

guys - please read the 1st post :p

The deco.xml (where the list of deco items is stored) can now be changed without recompiling anything. Pandora's Box will first search in the profile directory (normaly something like "C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows User Name>\Application Data\Pandora's Box 2\Profiles\<Profile Name\"), then in it's install directory (where the Pandora.exe is located) and only if it didn't find a deco.xml there, it will use the default one (which is contained in the data.dll). This should make it easier to modify the deco.xml (perhaps using the Deco Editor), because no recompiling of the data.dll is needed.

you do not need to recompile it at all - it will find and use it :)

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
The .exe wasn't using the deco.xml I had in with the data.dll so I copied and pasted the deco file into my profile folder and now everthing works fine.

By the way Thank your Lord_Greywolf for making me go back and read that post.

frango9000

Wanderer
Hello, i have 2 machines both in vista 1 server and 1 client (of UO obviously), when i open this version of PB it starts to load but when it gets to loading apereances it closes, the PB dosnt open but the process is running, i checked in the sys tray in the taskbar etc and nothing apparently it dosnt load compleatly. any help ould be apreciated

HellRazor

Knight
Something that would be really helpful would be if someone could take the new source, the new BoxServer updates, and then recompile the installation package and post it here.

That way we would have all the newest changes in one package. Right now you have to hunt around the forums for all the pieces and then install the old version and copy files over, etc.

Lokai

Knight
Irian;650358 said:
Ohm. Yes. I just wanted to wait until I had a package that would be completly Dot NET 2.0, but if you want it... I zipped the source code for the pandora.exe and attached it to the first posting. Have fun with it - I just can't guarantee, that there are no other little changes I made (perhaps even for testing).

Please notice: This sourcecode is only a part of the whole package (the part I modified). If you want to compile your own version, load the whole package from Pandora's Box and replace the /Pandora directory with the files from my .zip.

Irian, I used this method, and am getting the following errors on Build:

"The name TSWizards could not be found."

NeTriX

Wanderer
Ok... i downlaoded pandora box and this update. when i start it, it only runs till application and then it just turns off... when i wanted to try again it sad that this program already running.

What i need to do ? =P i got Framework 1.1 and 2.0...

If this isnt a right to reply... then sorry, anyway help pls

Setharnas

Sorceror
You probably just failed to realize that PB had opened a dialogue, asking for an install language IIRC. Unfortunately that is hidden behind the splash screen. Click on the Pandora entry on the taskbar to bring it to the front.

Hammerhand

Knight
This is what I got when trying to run the 2Beta7 version..

Pandora's Box - Log
Pandora version 2.0.0.7

7/25/2007 7:15:17 PM
Windows version: 5.1.2600.131072
Processor family: Intel Pentium
Physical memory: 523760

[19:15:17] Starting
[19:15:17] Normal startup initiated
[19:15:17] Double instances check passed
[19:15:22] Reading profile Hammerhand
[19:15:24] Profile read succesfully
[19:15:25] **** ERROR ****
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.GeneratePatchData()
at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer..ctor()
at TheBox.Box.InitializeComponent()
at TheBox.Box..ctor()
at TheBox.Pandora.StartingContext.LoadProfile(String name)
Additional information: Profile Hammerhand failed.

Taskmanager didnt even show the .exe in the Processes listing after that. I got the profile screen, language, everything. It also was unable to generate the map images for 0 & 1. Had to remove and reinstall the 2Beta5 version.

Mayla

Sorceror
Dilemma

I've a bit of a dilemma... When I run this program it either shuts off completely after I choose a profile from the picker, runs in the background only with no taskbar icon and only appears as running in the "Processes" area of the Windows Task Master, you can only get it to stop working from there as a result. Or when I create a profile it gives me this message and then doesn't stop loading appearance. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? :S

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
at TheBox.Box..ctor()
at TheBox.Pandora.StartingContext.OnMainFormClosed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext.OnMainFormDestroy(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmDestroy(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Pandora
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.7
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/Pandora.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
BoxCL
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.1
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/BoxCL.DLL
TSWizards
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/TSWizards.DLL
ArtViewer
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/ArtViewer.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
English
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/Lang/English.dll
MapViewer
Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/MapViewer.DLL
Data
Assembly Version: 1.0.1762.38548
Win32 Version: 1.0.1762.38548
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/Data/Data.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
ttcpgo_4
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

HellRazor

Knight
After merging in the updates with Arya's original I can't get PB to compile the required English.dll file. There also seems to be an issue with putting together the install package due to a missing application?

Irian, any chance of just putting up a complete, ready-to-compile package with all of your changes?

Setharnas

Sorceror
Hmm, when I updated my PB I also went the way of recompiling the whole thing, but had a little trouble with the boxserver.dll. Turned out to be connection problems due to the use of the old zlib.dll. When I updated the code to use zlib32.dll instead, it worked out.

The only problem that still persists is the missing install package application, as HR mentioned. I would hazard a guess that it was something Arya had bought a license for and therefore couldn't include.

I think I'll put together a .rar with my (so far) working compilation. But that will come as a bunch of files and directions to place them, not a neat self installer. ;)

HellRazor

Knight
That would be cool. It would be nice to have the code with all the changes that is in a format where you could open it with the project/solution file, and just build the solution without a ton of errors.

Setharnas

Sorceror
Ok, here they are. Also included in the project archive is the source for Ultima.dll, corrected for dif file names (that double "f" bug). I found it usefull to put it as a reference into my solutions. Also, as I mentioned, this version uses zlib32 instead of the older zlib.

Extract the program archive to the folder of your choice, then use the BoxServerSetup.exe to create the boxserver scripts in your RunUO script folder. (be sure to actually create a new folder - it defaults to pointing to the script folder itself, but doesn't create a BoxServer folder on its own!)

*Update* Small update, Irian's changes to MapViewer.dll are now integrated as well.

*Update 08-19-2007* Changed MapViewer.dll to (hopefully) not throw "Output buffer too small" exception anymore - please download it separately, I'll put it into the other two archives after getting confirmation that this works

Attachments

• Pandora 2.0.0.7 - Project Source.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
  • Pandora 2.0.0.7.rar
    745.9 KB · Views: 241
  • MapViewer.rar
    15.1 KB · Views: 132

Z3r0

Sorceror
Setharnas;700331 said:
Ok, here they are. Also included in the project archive is the source for Ultima.dll, corrected for dif file names (that double "f" bug). I found it usefull to put it as a reference into my solutions. Also, as I mentioned, this version uses zlib32 instead of the older zlib.

Extract the program archive to the folder of your choice, then use the BoxServerSetup.exe to create the boxserver scripts in your RunUO script folder. (be sure to actually create a new folder - it defaults to pointing to the script folder itself, but doesn't create a BoxServer folder on its own!)

So I guess this one is also for .NET 2.0? I tried to make a profile after overwriting the old PB files and I got an error saying:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
   at TheBox.Box..ctor()
   at TheBox.Pandora.StartingContext.OnMainFormClosed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext.OnMainFormDestroy(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmDestroy(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Pandora
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/Pandora.exe
System
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
BoxCL
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.1
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/BoxCL.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
TSWizards
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/TSWizards.DLL
ArtViewer
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/ArtViewer.DLL
English
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/Lang/English.dll
MapViewer
    Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/MapViewer.DLL
Data
    Assembly Version: 1.0.1762.38548
    Win32 Version: 1.0.1762.38548
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/Data/Data.DLL
wjickewf

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

And if I try to start PB with that profile, it gets to "Loading Appearance..." and stays at that forever. This also happens to me with the first one that Irian posted.

Andreew

Wanderer
Solution

A problem occurred when you installed .Net Framework higher than 2.0 -> 3.0 and 3.5 beta (shipped with Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition), so..

1. Uninstall .Net Framework 3.5 (if exist)
2. Unistall .Net Framework 3.0
3. Uninstall .Net Framework 2.0,
then
4. Reboot
5. Install .Net Framework 2.0

Should be ok.

Z3r0

Sorceror
Andreew;701916 said:
A problem occurred when you installed .Net Framework higher than 2.0 -> 3.0 and 3.5 beta (shipped with Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition), so..

1. Uninstall .Net Framework 3.5 (if exist)
2. Unistall .Net Framework 3.0
3. Uninstall .Net Framework 2.0,
then
4. Reboot
5. Install .Net Framework 2.0

Should be ok.

That worked, thanks =)

Tru

Knight
I cant seem to use any .exe except the original (I get an error saying I cant run 2 versions at once and there isn't another version running) and I get an authentication error using the original .exe.

Anyone else experience this?

Edit: After another reboot I can now start the new .exe but it just seems to start and disappear. Try and restart it and it says its already running, but there was no connection attempt to the server. Where'd it go!!!