RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora 2Beta7

Mad Clown

Wanderer
hey everyone got a ?

i got the box server to work all is fine i connect but i still cant view TOKUNO maps please help me im lost

Polartch01

Wanderer
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BoxCL, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'BoxCL, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at TheBox.Pandora.get_ApplicationDataFolder()
at TheBox.Pandora.get_Log()
at TheBox.Pandora.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I'm getting this error when I try to install. Any help?

XP Pro x64

Has anyone got this working under XP Pro x64? I cannot seem to get it to work. Although I have not gone through the task of re compiling from the source. Has anyone else and had any success? 2.0.0.5 works but cannot get 2.0.0.7 to work at all.

HellRazor

Knight
Compiles and works for me on Vista Ultimate 64.

One thing tho is that when you run it, the profile window tends to pop up in the background when you load it up, and it sits there in the background waiting for user input, so without the window being visible it looks like the program isn't running when it is. Just scroll through your windows using the little icon in the lower left corner and you'll see it.

There might also be possible issues with ultima.dll since Windows 64 bit operating systems change the way registry entries are stored, and ultima.dll uses a registry entry to determine where UO is loaded. That is fairly easy to fix in the ultima.dll source tho. I haven't messed with Pandora's Box enough yet to know if this is an issue or not, but I know it has been on a few other utilities that use ultima.dll.

HellRazor

Knight
Oh yeah, I'm not positive but you might need the .NET framework v1.1. That one doesn't come with Windows Vista (not sure about Windows XP 64).

XP Pro x64

Well scratch that. It started up and created my profile and worked for one start up. But when I closed it, it would open but could only see it running in the Windows Task Manager. It will not run at all if I have the pandora.exe.manifest file in it's directory unless it is the original 2.0.0.5 version. Any clues on how to fix this?

MacGoerk

Wanderer
Actually yes.
This is a problem with custom client folders.

Even if you do choose the location of Ultima Online, Pandora won't load those entries. I've done a Debug Trace of PB a while ago. The code parts which would access the custom folders config are just left out. They are only loaded into memory if you create a new profile.

Therefore be sure you have valid registry entries for UO in your Registry:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]
"HarvestStage"=dword:00000000
"UniqueInstanceId"=dword:46e3c2bd
"LastHarvestTime"=dword:48347e09

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="D:\\Spiele\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="D:\\Spiele\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy"
"PatchExePath"="D:\\Spiele\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="D:\\Spiele\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="D:\\Spiele\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uotd.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

you can just paste this snippet into a file regedit.reg and double click on it.
Be sure to correct the path information to your actual UO Installation.
Pandora will then recognize your Ultima Installation and load everything correctly.

If it still does not work, try deleting your profile and creating a new one.

MfG
MacGoerk

HellRazor

Knight
Be aware also that 64 bit versions of Windows store registry entries differently which can also cause problems.

Ninehand

Wanderer
Ok so I downloaded your install and get an error

This is the error I get when I click the installer:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BoxCL, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'BoxCL, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at TheBox.Pandora.get_ApplicationDataFolder()
at TheBox.Pandora.get_Log()

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

what should I do?

Ninehand

Wanderer
Ok so I downloaded your install and get an error

Ok I downloaded the box update which seems to be what I needed I stuck it in the folder with the pandora.exe file but when I went to load it I got a message saying that my previous profiles (using the original pandora) were corrupt and would I like to attempt to restore them, I clicked no thinking it would try and make a new one, but it just asked again so I clicked to try and restore, I got this error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ArtViewer, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'ArtViewer, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at TheBox.Options.Profile..ctor()
at TheBox.Pandora.StartingContext.LoadProfile(String name)
at TheBox.Pandora.StartingContext.DoProfile()

now what should I do?

MacGoerk;757721 said:
Actually yes.
This is a problem with custom client folders.

Even if you do choose the location of Ultima Online, Pandora won't load those entries. I've done a Debug Trace of PB a while ago. The code parts which would access the custom folders config are just left out. They are only loaded into memory if you create a new profile.

Therefore be sure you have valid registry entries for UO in your Registry:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]
"HarvestStage"=dword:00000000
"UniqueInstanceId"=dword:46e3c2bd
"LastHarvestTime"=dword:48347e09

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="D:\\Spiele\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\client.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="D:\\Spiele\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uotd.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

you can just paste this snippet into a file regedit.reg and double click on it.
Be sure to correct the path information to your actual UO Installation.
Pandora will then recognize your Ultima Installation and load everything correctly.

If it still does not work, try deleting your profile and creating a new one.

MfG
MacGoerk

I checked out the registry and it's all legit and looks very similar to yours except for the data path. Mine is located in the E:\Program Files (x86)\Ultima Online.

If I delete the Pandora.exe.manifest file everything works as a fresh install of Pandora's Box. It does store the profiles but if I choose to load it Pandora's Box does not load. I have to make a new profile and redo everything.

Also it will not detect any Ultima Online Installation. I have to tell it where it is installed.

Anyone have a working 2.0.0.? for Windows XP Pro X64?

Callandor2k;760988 said:
I checked out the registry and it's all legit and looks very similar to yours except for the data path. Mine is located in the E:\Program Files (x86)\Ultima Online.

If I delete the Pandora.exe.manifest file everything works as a fresh install of Pandora's Box. It does store the profiles but if I choose to load it Pandora's Box does not load. I have to make a new profile and redo everything.

Also it will not detect any Ultima Online Installation. I have to tell it where it is installed.

Anyone have a working 2.0.0.? for Windows XP Pro X64?

I finally got it working for XP pro x64. what I had to do is use corflags.exe from Visual Studio 9.0 SDK and have corflags tell pandora.exe to run in 32 bit mode. After doing that it works perfectly.

So for those of you who are using x64 XP try doing that and it should work for you as well.

Errors

Here is the problem I am getting when loading my RunUO server after Pandora has done its config thing.

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2959.20979
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (3 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + BoxServer/Datafiles/BoxData.cs:
    CS0246: Line 28: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 + BoxServer/Datafiles/PropsData.cs:
    CS0246: Line 64: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
 + BoxServer/Datafiles/SpawnData.cs:
    CS0246: Line 57: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

QlimaxXx

Wanderer
I have a problem which another user had.

When i open pandora for my 2nd time, it goes to the splash screen

"

It just goes directly into taskmanager and wont show any ui or nothin'

"
"

Ninehand

Wanderer
that is exactly what mine is doing!!! I don't know what the deal is, when I first installed pandora's box on my vista machine it worked well at least the buttons where there, but when I tried to use the place object no object the application wouldn't communicate with my pc, any help?

RadstaR

Sorceror
Profile is saved in Documents and Settings\Applications data\Pandora's Box (i don't know if is it good location, because don't have windows XP), maybe in Documents and settings\Documents\Pandora's Box.