RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora 2Beta7

it is still there --- if you use task manager can see it and stop it

this is how we found to fix the problem

i am stating how we did it with the old pandora and updates with files, but should work same here

uninstall all pandoras you have and then delete directories also
reboot system
install pandora but do not run it
reboot systen
put in any replacement files, etc (we have the mapserver and pandora.exe that get replaced)
reboot system
then start pandora for the 1st time

what it seams to be is that pandora stores it profiles internally, and when you change the exe around, etc - it expect the profiles to be in a "certain" order and they are different - sort of like runuo and serial/deseril errors
and it closes down the interface, but does not fully exit

this way seams to fix it

Tru

Knight
That still didnt work Ive tried numerous times all with the same effect, window disappears.

Hammerhand

Knight
I've had that same problem as well. And it doesnt seem to matter if the client or anything else is running or not.

Setharnas

Sorceror
Could you please check if your registry entries correctly point to a valid UO directory? And specifically, if you have a Radarcol.mul file in it?

(registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0)

Another thing: I have updated the archive files, as they did not include Irians changes to MapViewer.dll before. Also, there seems to have been a small oversight on my behalf in the MapServerInstaller part of the project (source only). My apologies :eek:

Rocko Wang

Wanderer
Setharnas;700331 said:
*Update 08-19-2007* Changed MapViewer.dll to (hopefully) not throw "Output buffer too small" exception anymore - please download it separately, I'll put it into the other two archives after getting confirmation that this works

The new MapViewer.dll get rid of the "buffer too small" error, thanks! :) Do you mind update the other two archives with the changes you made?

tassoman

Wanderer
Wich kind of problem is this?

Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of array.
   at TheBox.BoxServer.BoxZlib.Decompress(Byte[] data, Type type)

I followed instruction, but when I try to let PandoraB7 login it give me that error and cannot login.

yes i have framework 2.0 and i recently wiped my computer and reinstalled 2.0 instead of 1.1... now the old version of pandora's box will not install for me to copy the files over in the first place...

Darky12

Sorceror
i got a Error. I've reinstalled Twice, made new Profiles. Uo patch is 5.9.1
Runuo 2.0 rc1

When i make a New profile it goes ok, until it trys and loads the maps. Then it says Couldn't Load map 0, 1 ,2 ect.

Heres my Log.

Code:
Pandora's Box - Log
Pandora version 2.0.0.7

10/30/2007 7:12:58 PM
Windows version: 5.1.2600.131072
Processor family: Intel Pentium
Physical memory: 2096620

[19:12:58] Starting
[19:12:58] Normal startup initiated
[19:12:58] Double instances check passed
[19:13:6] Profile cameron is generating the images for world map
[19:13:6] **** ERROR ****
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
   at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
   at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.ExtractMap(Maps map, MapScale scale, String FileName)
   at TheBox.Options.Profile.GenerateMaps(ProgressBar bar)
Additional information: Couldn't extract images for map 0: map disabled in the profile
[19:13:8] **** ERROR ****
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
   at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
   at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.ExtractMap(Maps map, MapScale scale, String FileName)
Additional information: Couldn't extract images for map 1: map disabled in the profile
[19:13:9] **** ERROR ****
Additional information: Couldn't extract images for map 2: map disabled in the profile
[19:13:11] Images for map 3 generated correctly
[19:13:12] Images for map 4 generated correctly
[19:13:14] Profile cameron save succesfully

R-T-B

Wanderer
Tru;702177 said:
That still didnt work Ive tried numerous times all with the same effect, window disappears.

I've tried everything here and have the same problem. I'm using Vista Ultimate x64 if it makes any difference.

The official distro works, but obviously I can't use boxserver with it.

EDIT: I worked it out, but now the maps won't build. Any idea why that may be? It seems to have trouble locating the Ultima Directory, and then starts looking for files that aren't actually there... Very strange. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Setharnas

Sorceror
R-T-B, I am not sure if the registry structure is changed in Vista (don't have it and don't plan on using it). Take a look at the answer I posted in your own thread and see if that works for you. Otherwise someone with Vista experience needs to help you.

Setharnas

Sorceror
lighterfan2009;721731 said:
yes i have framework 2.0 and i recently wiped my computer and reinstalled 2.0 instead of 1.1... now the old version of pandora's box will not install for me to copy the files over in the first place...

For the original PB 2.0.0.5, if you have WinRAR installed, you can rightclick the installer file and manually extract it.

Preferably though, use the newer one I attached here. Make sure you also use the MapViewer.dll update from the same post, as I have not updated those archives yet.

didymus

Wanderer
I'm try to run Pandora's box under Vista Home Premium, but it keeps hanging up on loading the English.dll: the program says it cannot find it, though it is in the folder!
Any ideas what's going on?

didymus

Wanderer
Can't get used to it myself, but my laptop came with it installed. I'll probably replace it when I've finished paying for it.
Hmmm, I wonder if the dll has correctly registered?

Setharnas

Sorceror
didymus;724135 said:
I'm try to run Pandora's box under Vista Home Premium, but it keeps hanging up on loading the English.dll: the program says it cannot find it, though it is in the folder!
Any ideas what's going on?

I've only just noticed this; Pandora expects its language files in a subfolder:
<Pandora folder>\Lang

Try moving it there; does it work now?

Rapitharian

Wanderer
Pandora's Box Complete Files.

I am attaching 2 zip files.
For the first file look 4 posts down. I moved it when I updated it.

The second file is the corresponding box server (Box Server SVN268.zip.) I built this zip using the SVN 268. This affect only the account.cs and assemblies.cs scripts. To use this just unzip into your runuo server directory. It will create all the needed files in the right locations. If you don't want to overwrite your account.cs or assemblies.cs files just say no when it asks you if you wish to overwrite.

That is it. This works and you can connect to the box server once you restart your runuo server.

*Remember I made no changes to the code just repackaged everything so it works and is easy to use.

Good Luck and enjoy,
-Rap

Attachments

• Box Server SVN268.zip
    67.9 KB · Views: 98