RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paternal Abortion Rights

Paternal Abortion Rights?

• Total voters

WarAngel

Wanderer
Johabius;690646 said:
Absolutely nothing, just the same old pseudo-argument that the anti-choice crowd always tries to use.

Ah, okay. I can see why she would post that, as a number of pro-choice people argue that a fetus is not alive, which is stupid of them. This isn't the case though, as none of us are arguing that.

I'm still waiting for a vote on abortion. I always heard some of my conservative teachers talk about how liberals were trying to prevent a vote because they knew that they would lose, but I've read poll after poll after poll from different nonpartisan sources that indicate that upwards of 60% of people would vote to protect the ability for a woman to safely and legally have an abortion.

Johabius

Knight
WarAngel;690653 said:
Ah, okay. I can see why she would post that, as a number of pro-choice people argue that a fetus is not alive, which is stupid of them. This isn't the case though, as none of us are arguing that.

I'm still waiting for a vote on abortion. I always heard some of my conservative teachers talk about how liberals were trying to prevent a vote because they knew that they would lose, but I've read poll after poll after poll from different nonpartisan sources that indicate that upwards of 60% of people would vote to protect the ability for a woman to safely and legally have an abortion.
I'm of the same mind on the issue. I do believe that a fetus is "alive", but I'm pro-choice. I do, however, find myself thinking that I'd rather leave it up to each individual as to what their course of action should be concerning a pregnancy. I've always said that I would not want my wife to get an abortion, but I'm not going to try and force my belief on everyone else.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Me personally: I hate abortion. It is a barbaric practice.

Politically: Why should I tell other people what to do?

P.S. - Any other posts of mine in this thread (if there are any) are null and void.

Kiwi

Knight
We control the animal population via neutering, we control the human population via abortion, so whatever. Unwanted pets and unwanted kids are really not that different.

Rhexis

Knight
I left Starbucks up and my brother in passing decided to vote for me. I dont mind, since I wasnt planning on actually voting, but myeah. Oi.

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
Kiwi;690696 said:
We control the animal population via neutering, we control the human population via abortion, so whatever. Unwanted pets and unwanted kids are really not that different.

What's the difference?!... We control the animal population via neutering... meaning... A life isn't being conceived...

Abortion is legal murder. We are saying it's okay to kill a human as long as it's not older than 3 months in utero.

Please stop using that argument. I'm on your side somewhat, but does no one read?
What I love about the abortion issue is that it isn't actually about abortion at all, its about the beliefs of where life starts. But yet most of the people arguing it ignore that:

Falwell-esque Preacher: These evil murdering unholy people are killing these poor unborn souls!! And I think the gays and Pagans are behind it too!!1!

Femonazi: It's just away for men to control us and keep us down. It's my body why should I have to get fat for him? I can't get knocked up again if I lose my figure!!

People against abortion who use the terms 'murder' 'killing' etc shouldn't be allowed to argue abortion
People for abortion who use the term 'my body' 'her body' etc shouldn't be allowed to argue abortion.

It doesn't do our side any good to call them murderers without somehow convincing them that its a baby. Do you actually think people would have abortions if they thought it was living? No. Seriously stop making them out to be criminals.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
So. When does life begin, then?

At what point does it become "murder". Obviously we all agree that killing a 1-month-old baby is murder. How far back does it go?

TMSTKSBK;691440 said:
So. When does life begin, then?

At what point does it become "murder". Obviously we all agree that killing a 1-month-old baby is murder. How far back does it go?

Well gee if everyone agreed on a defintive time that life begins, we wouldn't have a debate about abortion at all, now would we?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Seriously, debate that. You admitted we could go around and around in circles on anything else. Debating anything else would be idiotic.

TMSTKSBK;691519 said:
Seriously, debate that. You admitted we could go around and around in circles on anything else. Debating anything else would be idiotic.
And the F for having continuity in their posts goes to....

First you want to jack the thread by making the retarded suggestion that we have everyone agree on where life begins, an impossible feat, then you ask me to debate what exactly? And when did I say that?

HellRazor

Knight
InOverMyHead;691415 said:
What's the difference?!... We control the animal population via neutering... meaning... A life isn't being conceived...

Abortion is legal murder. We are saying it's okay to kill a human as long as it's not older than 3 months in utero.

No, we're saying it's okay for a woman to abort a fetus, within certain parameters, if it is her choice.

But of course, if you are volunteering to raise and educate all of those unwanted single parent children, we can always go that route instead. :rolleyes:

WarAngel

Wanderer
InOverMyHead;691415 said:

It's preventing life from being conceived, which is exactly what we do with abortion.

You can call it whatever you want. I say it is legal action until it is born. I refuse to give full human rights to an organism which does not have human conciousness (if you don't know what I mean by human conciousness, it's that thing that we as humans have mentally that everything else doesn't; there is no word for it).

Along with that, it is impossible to provide two beings in the same body equal rights. One will automatically receive a veto over the other on this issue. You argue that we give the veto to nothing more than an organism, while I (and others) argue that we give the veto to a fully-fledged human being.

Again, you are so humanitarian about this, yet once they're born, you don't give a flying fuck about them. Why so hypocritical?

But of course, if you are volunteering to raise and educate all of those unwanted single parent children, we can always go that route instead.

lol ^_^

Seriously though, I would accept more funding towards adoptions, foster homes, etc. While I am totally pro-abortion in the sense that I think it is a realistic option and should be promoted as such, I think providing alternate options is a great idea.

Hellrazor said:
But of course, if you are volunteering to raise and educate all of those unwanted single parent children, we can always go that route instead.

Yeah, thats the only thing that prevents me from being 100% against it. Even though I think its a life and that it dies, I think that death is a lot better than how some kids get raised and the horrors they end up living. Somehow I think its better to die before birth than to be born to crack mother whose pimp will end up beating it to death anyway.

HellRazor

Knight
Anti-Basic;691535 said:
Yeah, thats the only thing that prevents me from being 100% against it. Even though I think its a life and that it dies, I think that death is a lot better than how some kids get raised and the horrors they end up living. Somehow I think its better to die before birth than to be born to crack mother whose pimp will end up beating it to death anyway.

Not to mention that most of the unwanted kids born into that type of background are already doomed to be the criminals, welfare recipients, and single moms of the future.

If you can't provide for 'em, you shouldn't have 'em. And yeah you shouldn't be screwing without birth control in the firstplace but let's not compound big mistake #1 with big mistake #2.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;691535 said:
Somehow I think its better to die before birth than to be born to crack mother whose pimp will end up beating it to death anyway.

That, and you'll fall in that large group of people who are the target of the Republican Party's hate (most abortions fall in the upper poor and lower middle classes), hence why I keep suggesting that their new tagline be "The Republican Party: Supporting Life right up until birth."

If you can't provide for 'em, you shouldn't have 'em. And yeah you shouldn't be screwing without birth control in the firstplace but let's not compound big mistake #1 with big mistake #2.

OMG BUT THEY MADE A MISTAKE THEY SHOULD LIVE WITH CONSEQUENCES! But that only applies to women who want abortions. The following (and anyone else connected to the Republican Party that is unmentioned) are exempt, and should definitely be pardoned if convicted of anything:

fraudulent politicians*
corrupt presidents*
lying (busted and sent to jail or not) presidential staff members*
members of Congress caught excepting brides*

* - Democrats not included.

Kiwi

Knight
What about the fact that most of the women who want an abortion will find a way to do it anyway, illegally. Yay for more problems.