RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please do not take online gaming this extreme:

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Smooth, now everyone will attribute it to the game, when only one fact is 100% true:

THE PARENTS WERE FUCKING IDIOTS TO BEGIN WITH AND THEY WOULD'VE BEEN NEGLIGENT FOR ANY REASON...

bzk90 said:
uo 4tw wow aint got anything on ultima online

Except a true 3D client, a massive quest system that will keep you occupied from 1-60, true raid style pvp (like faction raids on TC but on steroids) distributed utility amongst the classes (unlike UO which gives magery just about every practical spell you could need), and did I mention that the ingame graphics do resemble the conceptual art? Oh, and it supports both DirectX 9 and OpenGL rendering engines. Doesn't UO still use DirectX 8?

georox

Wanderer
Lysdexic said:
Smooth, now everyone will attribute it to the game, when only one fact is 100% true:

THE PARENTS WERE FUCKING IDIOTS TO BEGIN WITH AND THEY WOULD'VE BEEN NEGLIGENT FOR ANY REASON...
They Shouldn't have had children if they play MMO's... WE people dont reproduce. We are a dieng species! lol we are rare, exotic, and hunted! I dont know, im pulling things from my ass.

jevansfl

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
Except a true 3D client, a massive quest system that will keep you occupied from 1-60, true raid style pvp (like faction raids on TC but on steroids) distributed utility amongst the classes (unlike UO which gives magery just about every practical spell you could need), and did I mention that the ingame graphics do resemble the conceptual art? Oh, and it supports both DirectX 9 and OpenGL rendering engines. Doesn't UO still use DirectX 8?

Owned :)

And Yes I Play WoW too.. zug zug

Seven

Sorceror
I don't think so dev... I believe UO uses DirectX 9 as when you install it asks you if you want to install DirectX 9.

Seven said:
I don't think so dev... I believe UO uses DirectX 9 as when you install it asks you if you want to install DirectX 9.

I double checked and it is DirectX 9. So I should probably restate that with "WoW can run a full 3D environment with DirectX 9, and UO has hard time just rendering 3D models with it..."