RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please do not take online gaming this extreme:

Ravatar

Knight
Lysdexic said:
No, Walmart wouldn't be blamed. Just like those parents who have gotten in trouble for leaving thier kids in the car while they went into the store... the car didn't get blamed, the store didn't get blamed, the media did what was right for once and blamed the parents (of course the parents blamed the kids for being pushy and crabby while in the store... more shifting). Shopping is considered everyday lifestyle, now if someone did that to go to Six Flags or something, Six Flags would get the media buzzing like this.

Those people most likely aren't addicted to Wal-mart, as I'm suspecting these folks may have been.

Here's another case to be disgusted in: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7341316/

It's one thing for you to be neglectful and ignorant, but how about killing another gamer in his sleep with a knife?

georox

Wanderer
Avelyn said:
Except what if you don't want to? That's where I think most games fall short of UO. As you say you have to go on... and then you have to PvP... And to get to a higher level there are pretty much specific ways to do it. What if you dont want to go on dungeon raids. what if you despise pVp? Are you stuck then? In Uo I have not been bored since beta testing when I started and have never PvPed once ( except defending myself against Pks) . The thing that has kept me into uo for so long is the flexibility. Yes I will agree with everyone else it is very tedious sometimes. But seriously, it made me laugh on WoW when a friend went and fought and then used his skill gain on a crafting skill. How does that make sense? Isnt it more logical when you want to craft to have to work on IT to be good? I have always been sceptical about level systems for this reason. I'm not really trying to prove a point, I'm trying to learn from avid gamers like you why the newer games are so popular. I know Uo is outdated and in fact even Wow isnt number 1 anymore since Guild Wars came out. I just think that most of the new games are eye candy and are drawing people with their pretty landscapes rather than their RPG gameplay.
Not bored of UO? I got bored as hell training. Nothing to actualy do, repetivie drone tasks, low interactivity 90% of the skills. WoW endgame you can do much more than PvP and dungeon raids. Honestly, WoW adds C O N T E N T with patchs, where UO hardly adds content even with expansions.

DontdroptheSOAD said:
I want to play WoW so bad but I can't affored $13 a month. I could afford ten though *sigh*.
Ten.. not 13... UO is 13 now, WoW is 15, and 5 dollars more isnt that much. Buy one less pack of beer, don't buy popcorn with the movie, so on. 5 dollars isnt much :/

Avelyn said:
Except what if you don't want to? That's where I think most games fall short of UO. As you say you have to go on... and then you have to PvP... And to get to a higher level there are pretty much specific ways to do it. What if you dont want to go on dungeon raids. what if you despise pVp? Are you stuck then? In Uo I have not been bored since beta testing when I started and have never PvPed once ( except defending myself against Pks) . The thing that has kept me into uo for so long is the flexibility. Yes I will agree with everyone else it is very tedious sometimes. But seriously, it made me laugh on WoW when a friend went and fought and then used his skill gain on a crafting skill. How does that make sense? Isnt it more logical when you want to craft to have to work on IT to be good? I have always been sceptical about level systems for this reason. I'm not really trying to prove a point, I'm trying to learn from avid gamers like you why the newer games are so popular. I know Uo is outdated and in fact even Wow isnt number 1 anymore since Guild Wars came out. I just think that most of the new games are eye candy and are drawing people with their pretty landscapes rather than their RPG gameplay.

You don't have to go on unless you strive to have to perfect gear. Its not different than UO now. With artifacts, the perfect gear requires you to go on and run the Gauntlet and so forth.

Your comment about crafting and being a skilled fighter is rather flawed. For one, it relies to heavily on logic that simply doesn't exist. We don't have magic casters, warriors or armorsmiths (in the traditional role as we see in medieval based MMOs) so to say its "logic" that one could not be great as a warrior and proficient in crafts is fundamentally unprovable and for any true logic to exist in this instance, we'd have to have some sort of truth or definintive answer that could then be applied to the question of whether or not it's possible?

Also, it is possible to have craft skills, and be of "great skill." You have mages that are alchemists and scribes in UO, warriors could have mining and smithing, not to mention the standard mule which almost always has magery. As with WoW, you are not forced to take craft skills just like UO.

Darkzuel

Wanderer
Well you couldn't expect anything less from crazy people. Some guy killed another person in China I think it was for not giving back a sword on a mmorpg. Really sad stuff people will do.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
georox said:
Not bored of UO? I got bored as hell training. Nothing to actualy do, repetivie drone tasks, low interactivity 90% of the skills. WoW endgame you can do much more than PvP and dungeon raids. Honestly, WoW adds C O N T E N T with patchs, where UO hardly adds content even with expansions.

Ten.. not 13... UO is 13 now, WoW is 15, and 5 dollars more isnt that much. Buy one less pack of beer, don't buy popcorn with the movie, so on. 5 dollars isnt much :/
thats a weeks pay increase.

kirax2

Wanderer
I don't play WoW or any of the newer games for one very simple reason: 3D animation makes me throw up. No, I don't mean that I don't like it (though I remember thinking that EQ was ugly as hell compared to UO when it came out). 3D animation actually makes me motion sick! I can't even play Duke Nukem 3D, and newer games are generally worse. I remember when I tried Morrowind because a friend insisted I'd like it. After an hour of play I not only HAD to stop or else I would have tossed my cookies, but I had a splitting headache to boot.

-Janice
aka kirax2

Raven6434

Sorceror
this makes me fucking sick to my stomach and as for the "5 little hours" they where gone think about it a baby eats anywhere from 1 - 2 hours and the fact that they left the baby unatended is fucking moronic if it where up to me i would pretty much instate the Nazi law lock em up in a room starve them then kill then mainly suffocate them these people are extremely dumb my opinion is they should get a death penalty or something as bad because since when do you leave a new born alone for 5 hours even 1 hour is bad.

Alis

Wanderer
People dont have the thing in thier mind just like alchol.Like people dont know how to drink alchol they dont where to stop like at this example.The game is highly addicted but man gee you got know where to stop or else your life-retarted..Have a walk will you.

It's like drugs once you play it you will have to live it all your life with it..naa dont wana be more harmfull for osi or ea or blizzard but they know particullar problems whatever..:(

Hmmm... Here's a cartoon of something bad happening of online gaming. Quite funny really : http://pwned.nl. Anyway, I heard those people over in Asia take online gaming VERY seriously. I guess that's why those 2 incidents are in Asia heh.

septor

Sorceror
TheOutkastDev said:
After you get perfect stats and skills with your character in UO and farm arties until you have the best gear, what do you?

Sell your account on eBay and start all over. That way you can take a stab at trying to work back the thousands of dollars you've poured into a stupid game.

On topic:
They should have took the kid with them, maybe she could have tagged along as a buffer. Wait, do they have buffers on WoW, or am I mixing that up with every other 3d MMORPG?

Icon

Wanderer
I used to think blowing money for online gameing was a waste too, but then again spending money for your ISP, cable tv,etc company what do have to show for it? Same thing goes for pay to play games.

Hk

blasterdude

Wanderer
this is for the people to read!!!

no China koren and chinnes people want to get to the max lvl as fast as they can so they can move on to bigger and bader things THEY NEED TO JUST SLOW DOWN AND TAKE THEIR TIME TO GET THE LVLS AND TAKE A FUCKING BREAK FROM THE DAMN GAME.

DO THING THAT THE REST OF US RPGERS DO TRUST ME I AM A RPGER AND A MMO GAMER
BUT I TAKE MY TIME AND AT LEAST TO TAKE CARE OF KIDS.

THAT CHINA MAN THAT KILL A FELLOW GAMER SHOULD HAVE HIS FUCKING HEAD CHECKED FOR BAD WIRING.

THE PARANTS WHO LEFT THEIR FOUR-MONTH OLD DAUGHTER AT HOME FOR 5 HOURS NEEDS THEIR FUCKING HEAD CHECKED FOR LOSE WIRING AND NEED THE FUCK BEAT OUT OF THEM!!!!!

P.S. That is all i have to say for now.

georox

Wanderer
blasterdude said:
no China koren and chinnes people want to get to the max lvl as fast as they can so they can move on to bigger and bader things THEY NEED TO JUST SLOW DOWN AND TAKE THEIR TIME TO GET THE LVLS AND TAKE A FUCKING BREAK FROM THE DAMN GAME.

DO THING THAT THE REST OF US RPGERS DO TRUST ME I AM A RPGER AND A MMO GAMER
BUT I TAKE MY TIME AND AT LEAST TO TAKE CARE OF KIDS.

THAT CHINA MAN THAT KILL A FELLOW GAMER SHOULD HAVE HIS FUCKING HEAD CHECKED FOR BAD WIRING.

THE PARANTS WHO LEFT THEIR FOUR-MONTH OLD DAUGHTER AT HOME FOR 5 HOURS NEEDS THEIR FUCKING HEAD CHECKED FOR LOSE WIRING AND NEED THE FUCK BEAT OUT OF THEM!!!!!

P.S. That is all i have to say for now.
saying fuck in every sentence with nice big bold letters, SURE HELPS THE SITUATION! Also the nearly all caps is a good addition, and the lack of grammer. Also note, you only needed one "!" at the end of the sentence. FYI People do not have wires.

bzk90

Lord
georox said:
saying fuck in every sentence with nice big bold letters, SURE HELPS THE SITUATION! Also the nearly all caps is a good addition, and the lack of grammer. Also note, you only needed one "!" at the end of the sentence. FYI People do not have wires.

its grammar

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
gaaa!
i'm blind!
what'd you say Bzk? lol

why do people continually gotta take a bad situation and make it worse like this though?
sheesh...
real constructive. :rolleyes:

bzk90

Lord
it only gets worse from here, this thread should be locked

stupid people do not need to be on the internet