RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please do not take online gaming this extreme:

Ravenal

Knight
IT makes me sick really...

I am glad the first rule I produced for my shard is:

Real life comes first:
If you have an issue in real life, or something of this sort, this means you must deal with your real life issues and business first. For example, if you have school, work etc. then that means you need to do that before you even go on the shard.

Kennyd

Sorceror
Wtf... they've been gone for FIVE hours... just FIVE HOURS... wtfh is the whole matter got to do with the fact that they were gaming? They could've gone shopping, get stuck in traffic or whatever.. ya know I mean seriously whatever they were doing during the 5 little hours they were gone is really of no relations to the death of their child :rolleyes:

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Kennyd said:
Wtf... they've been gone for FIVE hours... just FIVE HOURS... wtfh is the whole matter got to do with the fact that they were gaming? They could've gone shopping, get stuck in traffic or whatever.. ya know I mean seriously whatever they were doing during the 5 little hours they were gone is really of no relations to the death of their child :rolleyes:

That would be true if we didn't live in a society of blame-pushing. Very few people take the full blame for anything they do anymore...

If I stole it, my rough neighborhood upbringing didn't make me do it...
If I rape em, their seductiveness didn't ask me to do it...
If I kill em, the gun is not to blame...
If I behave like a jackass, my childhood beatings didn't force me to...
If I tell you to go fuck yourself right now, are you going to do it?

There is only one person in the whole world who is guilty for all I do, and that is me. Not a person, place or thing otherwise could have changed that.

kirax2

Wanderer
georox said:
They Shouldn't have had children if they play MMO's... WE people dont reproduce. We are a dieng species! lol we are rare, exotic, and hunted! I dont know, im pulling things from my ass.

Speak for yourself. ^_^

-Janice
aka kirax2

Avelyn

Sorceror
TheOutkastDev said:
Except a true 3D client, a massive quest system that will keep you occupied from 1-60, true raid style pvp (like faction raids on TC but on steroids) distributed utility amongst the classes (unlike UO which gives magery just about every practical spell you could need), and did I mention that the ingame graphics do resemble the conceptual art? Oh, and it supports both DirectX 9 and OpenGL rendering engines. Doesn't UO still use DirectX 8?

Yea but like all level based RPG's once you get to level 60 you may as well make a new char to do it all over again or quit playing. Very boring after a while. Wow is pretty. I will give it that. I agree on your comment that mages have the practical spells but i think its because they were an original design with the game. One thing EA/OSI has never been good at is expansion. If they had left the game alone it would be better but the stuff they add is pathetic and useless.

Avelyn said:
Yea but like all level based RPG's once you get to level 60 you may as well make a new char to do it all over again or quit playing.

Except for WoW, once you get to 60, you still have a long ways to go before your character is perfect. You have to go on 40 man dungeon raids for your class' epic set which drop in high level instances such as MC, DM, Scholo, Strat ect.. Once you have your epic set, you have to PvP like crazy to get a high pvp rank in order to get your PvP items/weapons/trinkets (pvp rank is relative to the others on your server, so you must maintain it).

After you get perfect stats and skills with your character in UO and farm arties until you have the best gear, what do you?

georox

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
Except for WoW, once you get to 60, you still have a long ways to go before your character is perfect. You have to go on 40 man dungeon raids for your class' epic set which drop in high level instances such as MC, DM, Scholo, Strat ect.. Once you have your epic set, you have to PvP like crazy to get a high pvp rank in order to get your PvP items/weapons/trinkets (pvp rank is relative to the others on your server, so you must maintain it).

After you get perfect stats and skills with your character in UO and farm arties until you have the best gear, what do you?
Took me a while to hit 60 on WoW, longer macroing. (I compaired)
UO is to boring to train more than once. Now macroing on UO now, I have a 7x gm x5 chars account in a month or less :) Now i make 3 mil'ish macroing FISHING all night then selling items from it. WoW does have decent end-game content. UO just has Doom, get arty, sit at bank and whine, repeat.

bzk90

Lord
TheOutkastDev said:

i suppose uo is better simply because im not out to farm artis and get rich, i enjoy chopping would and chatting with friends ;/

bzk90 said:
i suppose uo is better simply because im not out to farm artis and get rich, i enjoy chopping would and chatting with friends ;/

Ah, so you already know about WoW's craft system :rolleyes: It's funny, most people who are against WoW, haven't played it since beta or the first month of initial release. GG.

georox

Wanderer
bzk90 said:
So what makes UO better? =P On WoW I just fish and mine/skin while chatting half the time :) Supplies me n guild with resources while having fun. =P UO seems to only be about harvesting arties anymore.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Well, this entire post just showed how much people are addicted nonetheless, it became a debate of UO vs WoW instead of its original intention :rolleyes:

bzk90

Lord
sorry :(

what happened to that kid is very sad, i hope those parents are punished in the way that they can never play WOW again

Drull

Wanderer
Okay.

Lets ban video games.

Whos with me!

Oh and music and tv too. And pictures with naked guys on them, those have to go most of all.

*shudder*

georox

Wanderer
As its been brought up before, what if they went to do something other than play a game? Hmm? What if they went to go shopping? Then would WalMart be blamed?

Lysdexic

Sorceror
georox said:
As its been brought up before, what if they went to do something other than play a game? Hmm? What if they went to go shopping? Then would WalMart be blamed?

No, Walmart wouldn't be blamed. Just like those parents who have gotten in trouble for leaving thier kids in the car while they went into the store... the car didn't get blamed, the store didn't get blamed, the media did what was right for once and blamed the parents (of course the parents blamed the kids for being pushy and crabby while in the store... more shifting). Shopping is considered everyday lifestyle, now if someone did that to go to Six Flags or something, Six Flags would get the media buzzing like this.

Avelyn

Sorceror
TheOutkastDev said:

Except what if you don't want to? That's where I think most games fall short of UO. As you say you have to go on... and then you have to PvP... And to get to a higher level there are pretty much specific ways to do it. What if you dont want to go on dungeon raids. what if you despise pVp? Are you stuck then? In Uo I have not been bored since beta testing when I started and have never PvPed once ( except defending myself against Pks) . The thing that has kept me into uo for so long is the flexibility. Yes I will agree with everyone else it is very tedious sometimes. But seriously, it made me laugh on WoW when a friend went and fought and then used his skill gain on a crafting skill. How does that make sense? Isnt it more logical when you want to craft to have to work on IT to be good? I have always been sceptical about level systems for this reason. I'm not really trying to prove a point, I'm trying to learn from avid gamers like you why the newer games are so popular. I know Uo is outdated and in fact even Wow isnt number 1 anymore since Guild Wars came out. I just think that most of the new games are eye candy and are drawing people with their pretty landscapes rather than their RPG gameplay.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I want to play WoW so bad but I can't affored $13 a month. I could afford ten though *sigh*.