RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Port Opening

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Hello everyone, and beforehand, thank you for any input that helps me and my wife get thro this. We been working on our shard for about a year now and wish to go beta, however, no matter what i am , or she tries, we cannot get our ports to open. We even went out and purchased a "new" modem (Linksys EA3500) since everything we read, led us to believe that linksys was VERY easy to open the ports on. Going to copy/paste (or try too) what i did so far, but when i check my port open, the service tells me it was "refused" ok cant paste to here goes

Application name Start / End port Protocol Ip enabled

uo1 21 - 21 both mine true
uo2 5001-5010 both mine true
uo3 7775-7777 both mine true
uo4 7875-7875 both mine true
uo5 8800-8900 both mine true
uo6 9999-9999 both mine true

Ok so thats what i see when i check my router, also i have
Ipv4 SPI firewall protection OFF
filter ident port 113 OFF
filter Anonymos internet request OFF

I got my ip from command bracket CMD ..... then ipconfig /all as well as my DNS number.
I think perhaps one issue is static ip. needs to be dynamic, but all the utube vids i watch and follow give me NO results.
So please anyone, msg me if you can help, we so badly want to see our hard work and efforts be enjoyed by outside players. Thank you all very much and have a Very Happy New Year !

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Hmm i see all other shards point to 2593 too as port, guessing thats the port i need to open if i can get this blame thing to go dynamic =( So in addition, how do i open port (2593) ugh...... thanks for the patience here, you guys are always helping others. Thank you again.

pooka01

Sorceror
in advanced settings, in port forwarding, enter your local ip, then the port 2593 & enter a name for the forwarding.
local ip is something like 192.168.0.100 or 192.168.0.102 etc...

tindo

Sorceror
As Pooka said, this is not just a matter of opening ports. In fact, you opened many ports that you shouldn't have, especially port 21. Port 2593 must be listening on your computer that is running the server and be allowed through your firewall on the server. If this computer is being used for RunUO only, then it is the only port you should be opening on your firewall.

Next, you need to set-up port forwarding. You need to know your external ip address from your ISP and your internal ip for the computer running RunUO. Then you tell the router to forward any traffic coming in on port 2593 to be routed to the internal ip of your RunUO computer on port 2593.

Finally, if your external IP address from your ISP is dynamically assigned, you will need to get a account with no-ip or a similar service so that your external ip address can be resolved to a name and changed when your ip changes.

tindo

Sorceror
It should function like this:

Client from internet (player) on port 2593 -> myserver.no-ip.com -> currently 173.10.10.10 (whatever is assigned to you dynamically at that moment -> Your router on port 2593 "Aha, port 2593 traffic should go to a local host at 192.168.1.15 -> Firewall on your computer @ 192.168.1.15 "Aha, traffic on port 2593 is okay!" -> RunUO service running on your computer (Server).

Nockar

Sorceror
Your router should be pretty close to how this looks.

In that first box where you can type stuff do the following

External Port: 2593
Internal Port: 2593
Protocol: Both
To IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.### (Enter the IP address of the local computer hosting UO)
Enabled [X]

You do not need any other ports being forwarded or enabled.

Attachments

• EA35003.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 8

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
I see i have my firewall activated on my Ipv4..........should i turn that off ? I set port range forwarding to "single port forwarding" and set it like this 2493 2592 both true . But i'm stilll getting this message from my "check open port tool" ===>> Error: I could not see your service on (my external ip) on port (2593)
Reason: Connection refused

Soooo now what grr...... wheres a hammer when i need it ! lol Any further suggestions are GREATLY appreciated , thanks all.

Nockar

Sorceror
Your probably going to need to take some screenshots of what your setup is and post them here or send them to me in a PM.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Ok so still no open port (according to "Open port check" tool ) . I set my single port forwarding to what my Ipv4 says ip is but the port tool only wants to chest a ip that i dont see. Something is crazy here, it shouldnt be this freaking hard. Please help ! tks And i have sent you two pms Nockar , no reply , tho i know r/l can keep one busy for days on end at times. =)

Miracle99

Squire
Sasha,

Do you happen to have multiple routers? Reason i ask is it might not be going through the first one.
If you have a all in one router type from your ISP that has everything included this could be what is blocking your port forwarding.

Modem/Router from ISP that has your own personal router connected via one of the LAN connections. You have to forward from the Modem/Router to the personal router, and then forward from your personal router.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Ok, first off, Please excuse me if i seem slow to post. Working two jobs at my age isnt easy but none the less, this matter is of the upmost importance to me, so thank everyone trying to help me and my family overcome this matter. Now back to the issue. As per screen shots you can see i have done what was suggested and you can also see that I"m still being refused. By the way, had to learn how to post screens shots, so much to learn here. Anyhow , still being bloocked. I included a screen shot of firewalls as well. I will be working Very hard on this all day TODAY, 1/19/14 , so any post today , i should be responding to very quickly to help me get through this. I deeply desire it done today , as does my wife and grandkids. Thanks everyone once again.

Attachments

• PortForwarded.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Firewall.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 5
  • CheckPort.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 5

Soteric

Knight
You may not hide your internal IP (192.168.x.x) because it can't be accessed from outside and doesn't have any interest for potential hackers. Are you sure this address is the one you see as "Listening" when RunUO comes up? Could you disable router and 192.168.x.x firewall?

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
ok thanks , only hid my ip here on forums, wasnt sure what hackers target these days lol. Also, just checked port with server up and NOW it see's server. Soooooo did i have to have server up all along for port checker to see it? i am feeling so stupid right about now. I think that might of been the issue all along, i was checking port when i did not have server up......wow. Ok ...So now to see if family can get in. As usual, thank you all very very much, i know i have tried the forums patience with my "newcomer" status questions.

Attachments

• checkport.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 6

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Yes, someone have to respond the checker request so the server must be running at that moment.
Thanks, i wish someone had told me me that a month ago, that little piece of info lol cost me a month of beating my forehead on a brick lol. Thank you so very much

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Ok so not port shows OPEN Yes !!! But when family attempts to log in they get "Not responding" . My ServerCore shows them trying (screenshot included) . So now why do they get that message. Progress is occurring and again i thank you all for helping me and my family with this !!

Attachments

• NotResponding.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 6

tindo

Sorceror
Well, that's what was intended by my statement, "Port 2593 must be listening on your computer that is running the server and be allowed through your firewall on the server." but I see that may have not been clear. Sorry, I should have stated that differently.

When you open a port on a computer, that port is only open when the service associated with that port is running. If it behaved otherwise, you port would always be open, which is not a good thing. Anyway, glad you got it running and sorry I was not more clear.

tindo

Sorceror
Are they using the same client version as the server?
What are they using to connect? Razor, UOSteam?

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
They are running 6.0.6.1 and my shard is 6.0.1.10 . Is that the issue? Sorry about delay, had to call them , in another country, not a quick thing at times. And We all use Razor. And forgive me Tindo if i sounded abit weathered , you are right, you did say it lol, my old eyes just misread it. Thank you as well for being so helpful with this matter. I just want our family to be able to get in now and its got me sooooo frustrated, when i know it shouldnt be that hard.Originally i had wanted, we the family had wanted to be at 6.0.14 across the board but lol you cant patch clients any longer =( Is there by chance a (private/test/public) stitch in core i have to change?