RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Port Opening

tindo

Sorceror
Well, that was the solution for the last guy that posted, but perhaps not for the OP. I have trouble believing its the Serverlist in this case since the server is responding with the name of the shard when I connect.

Soteric

Knight
Yes, firewall should block the first connection as well. But to make sure I suggest disable it or move RunUO to the host without it. What RunUO version does he use?

tindo

Sorceror
He is using 2.3 which is why he is using that older client. I was talking to him about using 2.4 and the latest client and he may try that next.

He wanted an old school shard and wasn't aware you can use the latest client and still make it an old school shard with the CurrentExpansion changes. So that might be his next option.

Sgtclark

Sorceror
Hi, I am having a similar problem to this about the port forwarding. If you get it resolved could you please post what you did. Thanks

Sgtclark

Sorceror
Not connecting from outside my house. I have RunUO 2.4 running Client version 7.0.9 SA. I can connect and play fine from inside my lan at my house but the problem is getting outside connections. My goal honestly is to only have 3-4 people play my server.

Sgtclark

Sorceror
Sorry I'm currently at work. but I have read several threads about this and I am not very computer knowledgeable so its difficult for me. But i believe I have everything done correctly just not sure exactly what is the problem.

Sgtclark

Sorceror
I have done that also and it wont pick my server up
This is how my router is setup (if it matters) Wall-Linksys Router-Wireless Router

Sgtclark

Sorceror
using the wireless. I connected straight to the router last night on my latptop and could still not get connect using that web site

tindo

Sorceror
I never recommend wireless for a server. When you connected directly, did you connect to the first router or the second one?

Have you set port forwarding on the router? The reason I say to connect to a single router instead of behind two is the port forwarding is a lot more complicated behind two routers.

Sgtclark

Sorceror
Basically I did this. RunUO 2.4, Serlist points to my "Whats my IP address" my UO Login file points to my computers IP adresss "192.168.2.101,2593". My router is set to forward port 2593 to 192.168.2.101.. The connecting computer puts my "whats my IP" address into login folder and uses 192.168.2.101, 2593 in Razor to connect. but when they boot up client just freezes.

tindo

Sorceror
Ok, the connecting computer should not be using your 192.168.2.101 ip address in Razor unless he is inside your network. He should be putting your outside IP address (the one from whats my ip) and port 2593.