RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Port Opening

tindo

Sorceror
Pretty sure its not something in his ServerList since I can connect to it, just get a client crash right after the server choice comes up and before it lets me create a character.

Really seems like a client incompatibility but I'm not sure why yet. I tried to connect using the same client his server is supposed to be using.

Sachin, can you post a screenshot of your server window right after it boots up?

Nockar

Sorceror
If some one is connecting from inside your network (192.168.x.x) they have to connect to your internal IP (of the computer hosting the runuo server.

The external IP is only used when connecting form outside your network.

Make sure any firewall on your computer is turned off. If you know how edit your local computers firewall you can also open up the required ports.

Soteric

Knight
Code:
public static readonly string Address = null;
Specify your external IP instead of null. The one that starts with 71.65.x.x.

tindo

Sorceror
Yeah, its not detecting your public ip address according to that window (which is really weird, since I connected to it. Do what Soteric said in Serverlist.cs and then restart the server and post another screenshot of that window. We should be seeing your external ip in that list of ip's looking on port 2593.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Yeah, its not detecting your public ip address according to that window (which is really weird, since I connected to it. Do what Soteric said in Serverlist.cs and then restart the server and post another screenshot of that window. We should be seeing your external ip in that list of ip's looking on port 2593.
i tried that, it errored, shard would not start

tindo

Sorceror
You forgot the ; at the end. Gottta look like this:

public static readonly string Address = "71.65.205.93";

tindo

Sorceror
According to that picture, you don't have the ip addresses in quotes. Make it exactly like I posted above - with the correct ip of course.