RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puzzle!

Ravatar

Knight
In order for this to be worthwhile at all, you have to explain what we're trying to do. Come up with a word? Decode the crap at the top?

This is almost as poorly worded and explained as the "whose wearing what colored hat" puzzle :eek:

Rhexis

Knight
Nurr, I think he means the red/white hat riddle. That wasnt poorly explained, we all just tried too hard to find loopholes in it.

Rhexis said:
Nurr, I think he means the red/white hat riddle. That wasnt poorly explained, we all just tried too hard to find loopholes in it.
I see...

Well, if you all want to know everything I've thought up, then here we go:

It could be a math equation. This is actually from the link provided by As... guy thing. (man that was sad)
8/31/2006/1002 20300 box
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1/04 1 3/4 4/8 box
4/1 7/2002/1003000 box
00004/102 1/80/8

Second in Aqua, but reverse.
p or d? Aqua could be a refrence to water, or possibly a certain hint to a location or hue in UO? (maybe a hue's name)

Just like each word except the last character.
eac? or maybe every words last character is dropped? maybe there are no H's?

Just like end without the fifth.
I've thought about this quite a bit, the most I can get is 'nd'. Since 'e' is the last character of the alphabet. Though it could mean a different variation of 'end', like Death.

I've also thought that it may be a giant math equation, and the .'s could be a certain amount of numbers, maybe the rest are math operators?

A specific guess on the BOX's is that they could simply mean "New line", since every line has them but the last. Though that's just a guess.

I'm assuming it's not decoded in any REGULAR type of language. If it's decoded, it's probably done by the man himself. (Unless it's a type of coding for past wars or something?)

It may be a game of connect the dots, or shadowing kindof thing.

Maybe there's a naked lady in the picture.

It could just be something to try and bother us and make us think really hard, when it means nothing.

Well, that's all i've got. :p

Happy hunting (for the answer, not animals)
-Aiden

Joeku

Lord
IHaveRegistered said:
I see...

Well, if you all want to know everything I've thought up, then here we go:

It could be a math equation. This is actually from the link provided by As... guy thing. (man that was sad)

p or d? Aqua could be a refrence to water, or possibly a certain hint to a location or hue in UO? (maybe a hue's name)

eac? or maybe every words last character is dropped? maybe there are no H's?

I've thought about this quite a bit, the most I can get is 'nd'. Since 'e' is the last character of the alphabet. Though it could mean a different variation of 'end', like Death.

I've also thought that it may be a giant math equation, and the .'s could be a certain amount of numbers, maybe the rest are math operators?

A specific guess on the BOX's is that they could simply mean "New line", since every line has them but the last. Though that's just a guess.

I'm assuming it's not decoded in any REGULAR type of language. If it's decoded, it's probably done by the man himself. (Unless it's a type of coding for past wars or something?)

It may be a game of connect the dots, or shadowing kindof thing.

Maybe there's a naked lady in the picture.

It could just be something to try and bother us and make us think really hard, when it means nothing.

Well, that's all i've got. :p

Happy hunting (for the answer, not animals)
-Aiden
You have too much time on your hands. Go code me something.

Viago

Knight
has anyone cosider the obvious.....

it looks like morse code to me. not a mathmatical formula of sorts

Code:
 ......../... ./.__....../.__.. .._...__ ■
. . . . . . . ./_.... . .../.... ..../........ ■
..../. ......./..__../.__...____ ■
____..../._.. ./........_/........

Viago

Knight

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/calculate_convert/morsecodetranslator.html

Well well, this has made a lot more progress than I thought. I never thought it wouldof been morse code! lol

Can't wait to give myself some time to figure it out :)

SpiralIPY

Wanderer
yaaa.... its not morse code heh. i was looking around online and i came across this. on some riddle forum .

here are some more clues

I got a clue! Not sure how much it helps, but its something to work with.
We were thinking maybe the first part with the dots and dashes is to solve the second part.
The ......? at the end is just a space for the answer, no other significance.

The Clue:
Dashes are pauses in time. The first, about a half-hour. The second, some 5 minutes. And the third, about 10 minutes.

Someone who knows the answer once wrote, "not think too hard about it, its really quite simple". Or something close to that.
I hope this will trigger some ideas as we running out of thoughts.
Thanks for any help!

the word riddle is actually to help figure out the dots and dashes.
the original puzzle was just:
......../... ./..__......
and was supposedly solvable with just that single line.
the puzzle is on "a mysterious orb" which sits atop "a strange bookcase"