RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Paul -

pacolaco2

Sorceror
Ron Paul -

Ron Paul - He didn't win, game over, now can I enjoy the top of my page as an uninterrupted blue bar?

Johabius

Knight
pacolaco2;741679 said:
Ron Paul - He didn't win, game over, now can I enjoy the top of my page as an uninterrupted blue bar?
I've been enjoying the top of the page as an uninterrupted blue bar for a whole hell of a long time now.

Rhexis

Knight
There's a few ways to get rid of it..the easiest being MyImageHere plugin + transparent.gif when the 'asking the site owner' trick doesnt work.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Scarand;741739 said:
So just because he isn't winning means they should stop supporting him? :rolleyes:

isn't winning = lost

McCain is the GOP nominee and RP has already stated he won't run third-party.

Macil

Sorceror
I don't see why people seriously can't just see through it like just another advertisement on any other web page. It really isn't the big deal so many people have made it out to be. Time to grow up people.

Macil

Sorceror
Hammerhand;741828 said:
Does that mean I'd have to give up watching cartoons? :eek:

Hrmmm. Guess it all depends on what you watch. =)

But seriously though, Ryan and the RunUO staff are entitled to their own political views. And as so many before me have said before, it's their space, let them do what they want with it and everyone go about their business.

WarAngel

Wanderer
excuse me miss said:
Why get rid of it, though? Are you so hurt over somebody else's political opinion that you demand they keep it to themselves altogether?

It has nothing to do with being hurt, and everything to do with not finding it appropriate. But I'm not getting into this again.

Greystar

Wanderer
Macil;741837 said:
Hrmmm. Guess it all depends on what you watch. =)

But seriously though, Ryan and the RunUO staff are entitled to their own political views. And as so many before me have said before, it's their space, let them do what they want with it and everyone go about their business.

Yes and I'm entitled to complain when I don't want to see a banner I consider a nuisance. He is no longer running for this 4 years, he doesn't need free advertising on a site that has nothing to do with politics. The one place I DONT mind it is in someone's sig, then it's there opinion offering their support, but not forcing EVERYONE who goes to a site to have to see a banner; Also Ryan and the Dev team don't get anything from Ron Paul for posting the banner. So yes they are entitled to their own political views, but they don't have to force us to view their views.

PS) I am a military veteran and I wouldn't support Ron Paul. I do not like his views; what he stands for seems hollow and just words to try to get him elected. I also WILL NOT VOTE FOR HILLERY, so that means I'll vote for almost anyone running against her (unless I absolutely can't get behind the candidate, then I'll try to vote for a 3rd party).

Everyone is free to state their opinion and views.

HellRazor

Knight
Didn't we have this whole conversation like 6 months ago?

You might aswell go door to door demanding people remove t heir signs from their front yard. Thats their property, who pays for this site? Teh RunUO devs ... this is their property they can do what they want. For those of you who dont like it .... Deal or gtfo, noone cares what you pick.

Johabius

Knight
Greystar;741839 said:
but not forcing EVERYONE who goes to a site to have to see a banner; but they don't have to force us to view their views.
You aren't forced to come here either. I haven't seen the banner since it was put up. There are steps you can take to block having to see it. If you don't want to take those steps then that's on you, not on Ryan.

Bleach

Knight
I've grown used to it.
Since it's been up, I haven't clicked it, and I still stand unoffended.

What the Hell is the big deal, anyways?

Oh, wait, now I remember ....

Greystar

Wanderer
Johabius;741856 said:
You aren't forced to come here either. I haven't seen the banner since it was put up. There are steps you can take to block having to see it. If you don't want to take those steps then that's on you, not on Ryan.

Yes I finally found a plugin for FF that works, now I've blocked the banner AND some peoples avatars because they bugged me. I know I'm not forced to come here but its only one of three places that I can get assistance from a community of people with similar knowledge of the server software. I also agree with what other said, this is not a political forum, there is no need for a political banner.

PS) I also blocked some peoples sig banners as well.

anybody

Sorceror
I suggest asking your self if what you are doing is mature. If the answer is no then I suggest you do the mature thing.

Does anyone these days actually do any of their own research or does everyone listen to the media and take what it says as truth?

I suggest taking the time to do research on our politicians. A simple search of their names in wikipedia.org will reveal allot about them.

Something I see wrong with this country is more and more politicians these days are giving more privliges to the corporations. What do you think this means? Less privliges for the people?

The politicians I would not vote for are those getting the most media attention. I suggest you stop and ask your self why they are getting the most attention.