RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0.0 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestorm

Wanderer
I haven't read up much on the differences between the RC0 and 1.0.0, but I am looking forward to the upgrade (If you knew me, you know that I have to have the latest and greatest!). I also am new to hosting a shard...and have tried many emulators. RunUO was the most user-friendly at getting set up. I have learned how to edit the stuff out of scripts that I don't want, and keep the stuff that I do with it still working, yet I have no clue how C# works. *grins* Luckily, I don't have many things on my shard right now, just some custom scripts that I found in the Script Submissions section here.

Hope that this makes a decent first post!
Firestorm

Oppiet30

Wanderer
Phantom said:
It will be released when they finish the changes they want to get in.

There isn't any new knowlege that isn't stated in the very first post, so people stop asking.

They would quit asking if they learned to read.

Phantom

Knight
This is why they never give dates....

Because people can't read and if they miss the date, person after person asks when the new date is.

But its the same for any program, believe it or not lol

crackrat

Wanderer
lol yep Phantom i totaly agree with you there. in my job we do updates on a mmog game. with a monthly goal we try to do as much as we can add as well as kill the worst bugs on a internal bug and exploit list.we try to put things out as fast as we can to keep the community happy and paying. anytime we are so much as a few days late due to implementing a new sytem in the game or a graphical update ect,ect,ect, the forum boards erupt with "well if i had done this it would be out" and "the devs dont care" and basic "blah blah blah". ussualy the trolling and flaming seems to accelerate right before a release as well. The irony that ive always found is iff one were to take the time to check the RL stats on those whom complain the most are also those whom wouldnt have the foggest on how to do it themselves. its amazing on how many 14 year old kids seem to think that game dev work is easy job that pays well LOL.. Its also amazing the threats that a development team gets from a community for trying to make game better. This phenom has caused me to take pychology courses on top of the countless C++, C#, VB, Java , direct x courses ive already had,n ot mention the long hours spent on various MSC tests. *shakes head* Ryan TY tell the crew to take thier time. I find at moments like this i have to erase the link and forget there is a forum.

Gandy897

Wanderer
Phantom said:
This is why they never give dates....

Because people can't read and if they miss the date, person after person asks when the new date is.

But its the same for any program, believe it or not lol

Its nice to see the phantom let out a giggle every now and then. It only helps to reinforce that deep down inside that gruff and sturdy exterior , there is a nice guy lurking to get out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.