RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0.0 Source code is online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO 1.0.0 Source code is online

# md5sum RunUO-1.0.0-Source.zip
34d9cbdd896860a0fc18f350c6011cbd RunUO-1.0.0-Source.zip

Enjoy.

Alexandra

Wanderer
Ok, I'm learning here, so don't be harsh on me :$ The files I find in the source code, are those that weren't available before? like certain engines, the core, everything?

And if I change some of that, how can I implement the changes on my shard? Do I have to put this files inside the script folder?

Thanks in advance

David

Moderate
The first answer is yes. The second, I will presume you need to compile the modified core, then it will replace the existing RunUO.exe. However I have not (yet) tried it myself.

Zotos

Sorceror
Add em all to a project and compile. tho I am using .net 2003 and everytime I hit build I get a shit load of "unsafe" errors. so I comment them out and now im getting referance errors.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
If you dont know how to allow Unsafe code you should probably not be tinkering with the Core )

ok, I am a little new myself and wondering if I just copy and paste the files from the zip and put them in the runuo file folder to replace what is there now?

Zotos

Sorceror
Ryan said:
If you dont know how to allow Unsafe code you should probably not be tinkering with the Core )
Thats kinda like saying if you dont know how to change a motor in your car you should not drive it. But the fact of the matter is that at one time I did not know what the hell UOSDK was either but now im making a shit load of programs using it. Just seems weird that everytime someone dont know one thing about something you discourage them from even trying and or helping out. I for one have helped out many people and will continue to help where help is needed and I will never tell someone not to try something new.

P.S. I am not trying to bitch to anyone but some assistance(and not much) on how to enable unsafe mode would be cool. I also like you plan on releasing source code to my generaters code as soon as I get the bugs cleaned up in hopes that it will help someone out as examples.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Zotos said:
Thats kinda like saying if you dont know how to change a motor in your car you should not drive it. But the fact of the matter is that at one time I did not know what the hell UOSDK was either but now im making a shit load of programs using it. Just seems weird that everytime someone dont know one thing about something you discourage them from even trying and or helping out. I for one have helped out many people and will continue to help where help is needed and I will never tell someone not to try something new.

P.S. I am not trying to bitch to anyone but some assistance(and not much) on how to enable unsafe mode would be cool. I also like you plan on releasing source code to my generaters code as soon as I get the bugs cleaned up in hopes that it will help someone out as examples.

Not, It's the same as saying, if you don't know howto change the oil in your car, you shoudln't try taking apart the engine and rebuilding it again.

Jsut 'using' the car is the same as just running the RunUO.exe distro that's precompiled :)

Arahil

Sorceror
no, it's rather like saying "if you don't know how to change a motor you should not BUILD a car"
[okay, asayre's sample is better ;) ]

if you really want to change the core you can use this little tool here - it creates a compile-ready project file for the most common development environments. but like ryan i think you shouldn't modify it if you don't know about unsafe code....

and to all the runuo-guys:
great work, making the core open source was the last thing missing to make runuo the best emulator around. thanks a lot for all the hard work

Zotos

Sorceror
Yea i figured it out it was just something that I had not yet been introduced to yet. basicly its a resource saver for large collections. but none the less have it fixed and am working with source as we speak with no more issues.

Alexandra

Wanderer
Hmmm so I will need another compiler besides the one RunUO brings... alright :p I think I'll have to wait till I upgrade my system, win98 doesn't allow me to install the .net sdk :D

Thanks for the explanation.

And congrats to the dev staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.