RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0.0 Source code is online

Status
Not open for further replies.

psz

Administrator
Hrm. Thought I cut that part out when I hit submit (As I DID notice him say that)

Freaky.

Anyway, I'd love to know how, with Beta 36, your vendors are showing correct names in the SBlists.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
psz said:
Hrm. Thought I cut that part out when I hit submit (As I DID notice him say that)

Freaky.

Anyway, I'd love to know how, with Beta 36, your vendors are showing correct names in the SBlists.

he he he its a secret :D

its only the custom items that don't show up, but I did find a way to get around it. (without messing with the core either)

ssalter

Account Terminated
psz said:

speaking of vendors...I wonder if sbfarmers are showing seeds instead of diamonds now. I never did get around to looking into trying to fix that on my shard. Is that a pure client prob or would the new version help that at all?

psz

Administrator
KillerBeeZ said:
he he he its a secret :D

its only the custom items that don't show up, but I did find a way to get around it. (without messing with the core either)

Actually, it's distro items too... Hence why I'm curious.

(Not that it matters: 1.0.0 fixes the problem. Properlly)

KillerBeeZ

Knight
psz said:
Actually, it's distro items too... Hence why I'm curious.

(Not that it matters: 1.0.0 fixes the problem. Properlly)

I never noticed the distro items not showing up, having the custom items not show up was enough for me to fix it.

I mainly cheated by having players stop the patch at 4.0.4b which was after they added the slots for jewels but before they messed with the packets

(players need do nothing, it does this automatically, and at the same time it allows them to play on other shards with the newest client patches)

I am not yet sure if I want to stay with what I have now, or to wipe the entire shard and upgrade (starting over), so until I decide, I'll be using b36

psz

Administrator
Glassblowing Pipes, books, deeds, etc do not display correctly.

Having players not patch is, to be blunt, a terrible idea for many many reasons...

KillerBeeZ

Knight
psz said:
Glassblowing Pipes, books, deeds, etc do not display correctly.

Having players not patch is, to be blunt, a terrible idea for many many reasons...

its not that they dont patch, I do it for them. they need do nothing.

and please, by all means list a few of those reasons, I'd like to know

Aaliyah

Wanderer
I really don't want to sound dumb but I've been reading all of the posts in here and everyone is talking about upgrading their server. What I want to know is what if I want to delete my server and start over fresh? Do I have to do something special with this new release or can I just download the server and start her up? I've heard there are some minor bugs such as crashing on [tele. Is this something that is going to be easy to fix?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Aaliyah said:
I really don't want to sound dumb but I've been reading all of the posts in here and everyone is talking about upgrading their server. What I want to know is what if I want to delete my server and start over fresh? Do I have to do something special with this new release or can I just download the server and start her up? I've heard there are some minor bugs such as crashing on [tele. Is this something that is going to be easy to fix?

should be the same as running/starting it with the earlier versions (use the already compiled code, not the source)

I've not heard about the [tele bug

psz

Administrator
Incorrect item names

Damage shown above head is limited to 255 (regardless of how much is actually done)

Encryption change

Missing art work

Incompatibilities if they also play other shards (which many players do)

Missing bodies

Missing CLILOCs

Missing Guild Button

Missing Item Boxes in 2D

Probably more (I've been at work for 12 hours and am STILL here :-P)

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Damage shown above head is limited to 255 (regardless of how much is actually done)

players are used to this, its how its always been, yes it would be nice to see the total damage, but its mainly just cosmetic

how so? and how will this affect free shards?

Encryption change

do we not use an unencryted client anyway?

Missing art work

I got around this... will explain in a bit

again, got around this, explination under the CLILOC section

Missing bodies

never seen any missing bodies, nor have any of my players

Missing CLILOCs

there are no missing files, all files are still downloaded as the players patch completely, they just get a retro fit when logging onto my shard, which as long as UO Gateway works (and it does) those files are not used for other shards. They use the fully patched client, thus no compatability issues

Missing Guild Button

bah, who cares, I'd rather have the chat button anyway, the chat window is actually used on my shard, the guild button isn't

Missing Item Boxes in 2D

what item boxes? I use 2d, never noticed anything missing

psz

Administrator
KillerBeeZ said:

players are used to this, its how its always been, yes it would be nice to see the total damage, but its mainly just cosmetic

how so? and how will this affect free shards?

Shard A: Is using RunUO 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 or RC0. Your shard isn't. Players will need 2 installs of UO to access both.

Encryption change

do we not use an unencryted client anyway?

See previous answer.

Missing art work

I got around this... will explain in a bit

again, got around this, explination under the CLILOC section

Missing bodies

never seen any missing bodies, nor have any of my players

Because you *CAN'T* see them. Hence the problem.

Missing CLILOCs

there are no missing files, all files are still downloaded as the players patch completely, they just get a retro fit when logging onto my shard, which as long as UO Gateway works (and it does) those files are not used for other shards. They use the fully patched client, thus no compatability issues

If they are using 4.0.0 as you said, they do NOT have all the artwork files. Period.

Missing Guild Button

bah, who cares, I'd rather have the chat button anyway, the chat window is actually used on my shard, the guild button isn't

Again, if they log onto your shard and another, they will either be missing things from YOUR shard, or the OTHER shards. They would require 2 client installs.

Missing Item Boxes in 2D

what item boxes? I use 2d, never noticed anything missing
Again, because you're using an older client.

Fire up a later client, open your paperdoll and look left.

The reason I know of all of this is because *DAILY* I get people with 4.0.0c or whatever coming onto Demise asking why they can't log on, or why they can't WALK, or why they get a black area, or why they can't SEE a creature, or why they can't see clothing, etc.

9 times out of 10, it's because "The other shard I(they) play on still uses the old client" or "I can't patch because of another shard I play on"

KillerBeeZ

Knight
psz said:
Shard A: Is using RunUO 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 or RC0. Your shard isn't. Players will need 2 installs of UO to access both.

See previous answer.

Because you *CAN'T* see them. Hence the problem.

If they are using 4.0.0 as you said, they do NOT have all the artwork files. Period.

Again, if they log onto your shard and another, they will either be missing things from YOUR shard, or the OTHER shards. They would require 2 client installs.

Again, because you're using an older client.

Fire up a later client, open your paperdoll and look left.

The reason I know of all of this is because *DAILY* I get people with 4.0.0c or whatever coming onto Demise asking why they can't log on, or why they can't WALK, or why they get a black area, or why they can't SEE a creature, or why they can't see clothing, etc.

9 times out of 10, it's because "The other shard I(they) play on still uses the old client" or "I can't patch because of another shard I play on"

all of this is moot as it does not apply

they DO have all files, they DO get fully patched that DO have the current client

I play on my shard, and on other shards with no problems. (I've been on Demise as well)

try it, log on to my shard, look around, then log on to another shard, you will see what I mean

if your observant, you will actually see how I did it as well

its all thanks to the wonderful program called UOGateway

Kamron

Knight
When I see a player who uses 4.0.0c, or 4.0.0p or something like that... IMMEDIATELY I think SPEEDHACK, because those are prominent speedhack versions. I usually tell them that if they do not update their client or reinstall UO and update, then they will not get any support from staff and may be incarcerated in the future if we find conclusive evidence of them hacking.

There is NO excuse to use an older 4.0 client over the new one.. UNLESS you are hacking/cheating.

ssalter

Account Terminated
There is NO excuse to use an older 4.0 client over the new one.. UNLESS you are hacking/cheating.

unless you are on a shard that uses an older client. There really are no black/white answers here.

some people feel you should always have the latest, "up to date" versions of everything. Others are fine with established versions and although they may lack a small thing or two, they often serve their purpose magnificently.

Kamron

Knight
Not really.. because in terms of RunUO, you have compatibility issues anyways...

I think if a server uses a client from a while ago.. then they should include it in their UOGateway files, and not make the player stunt their updates.

ssalter

Account Terminated
What compatibility issues? If admin X is using runuo v.123 and never changes, how could he/she possibly have compatibility issues? That specific shard does not upgrade, does not change. They may use an older client that certainly does not conflict with other clients because the shard uses UOG...or perhaps has their own patching mechanism similar to UOG. The graphics are not lost because the admin has a verdata.mul file that contains all the new graphics as well as a host of custom graphics.

there are no compability issues because there is nothing that shard chooses to be compatible with.

that is not to say that it is not officially advised to always run the latest version of the server and client but if someone does and is happy and their players are happy, why is that any concern of anyone elses? ;)

KillerBeeZ

Knight
XxSP1DERxX said:
Not really.. because in terms of RunUO, you have compatibility issues anyways...

I think if a server uses a client from a while ago.. then they should include it in their UOGateway files, and not make the player stunt their updates.

christ man you are not listening

"then they should include it in their UOGateway files"

is EXACTLY what I friggin do ! now that you figured it out, will you drop it? its obvious you don't read what I type, so I'm done wasting my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.