RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] HairBrush...

Liacs

Liacs said:
You are welcome!
BTW. I did find one itsy bitsy problem and thought I would share it with you. If you have FS Taming your Brush.cs will cause problems cause there is already a Brush.cs in that system. I figured the best way to correct the issue was renaming your script [HairBrush]. Here it is:

Attachments

• Brush.cs
    5.7 KB · Views: 118

Kiki

Wanderer
Love love love this pack! Beautiful job.. just have to tweak the cut hair so it will decay and I'll be happy happy. I like the fact that anyone can now style their hair in an "elvish" way.. or a "human" way.. even if they don't match the race. One thing I have learned tho.. Elves look terrible bald!!!

Thanks again Liacs, its a pleasure.. I'm a big fan of Morrowind, and I love how a lot of scripts are moving towards a more interactive world for UO, it reminds me so much of all the stuff from morrowind and that makes me happy :p

colette

Wanderer
Clothes

What i meant Lilac is the custom clothes seen on some shards..I do have pics if that helps. Let me know and I can email pics to you, so you know what i mean, I even have diff. hairstyles pics, if that will help also:)

Great concept...

I've always loved this script. I've looked at it atleast 10 times, and I think I just can't resist it anymore ( I like to only use in house scripts ). This truely is just cleaver. like KiKi said, its nice to see scripts that make the UO world a little more realistic.

One thing I've noticed though and suprized no one else has mentioned. I can understand why you didn't notice it being a female and all, but what about us guys facial hair! I know I hate when my beard begins to get to long and wanna give it a good trim. should make the scissors trim a long beard down to short beard, and then from shortbeard use the razor to make gotees and vandykes.

That aside though great work, keep it up darlin!

Liacs

Sorceror
I know, Vermillion, I was afraid somebody would ask that :)

But that would be only possible with a gump which would ask you if you want to use the scissors / razor on your beard or hair... Have to look deeper into it.

But thanks for the compliment :)

Liacs

I must admit. I have seen this post before but never really looked into it. I try to stay away from to many added extra things. I finally downloaded your script and i must say it is alot of fun. I have seen the items on other shards for this but unfortunately they never did much with them. I have already built a barber shop to go along with this script and looking forward to seeing players use it. :)

I made a hair cut craft a few years ago too. What mine did was you just made hair restyle deeds. It took Item ID or some other unused skill. (was a fine arts package I put together all used same skill) I never quite finished it. what the version I released did was it made deeds for the players, using both human and elf hair deeds.

What my final goal was to make it player interactive like Star Wars, where players restyled each others looks. For example, you double clicked the hair brush, then targeted a player and they got a gump saying something like "{0} is trying to restyle your hair. Do you wish to get your hair restyled?" Then give them a window to choose their hair style, with prices (which was paid to the player) for each style. Of course some styles would require more skill then others, and the fail made it to where it selected a random hair cut shorter then the one they had but not exactly the one they wanted. (even bald). But charged the player nothing. Hardest part about doing this is just having the gumps. and if you already got the hair restyle gumps all you would need is the target gump, and change the brush to allow for targeting. Some people might not like the idea of it requireing a certain skill espically on a 700 point cap shard, but on a RP shard it would be great.

*shrugs* just some ideas for you to bounce around

Liacs
Hey! I would like to see the shop Can't you post a picy?

Lia

Sure here is what i have so far but this will be it for the most part. Maybe just a few minor additions or changes.

Attachments

• barbershop2.jpg
    barbershop2.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 108
  • barbershop.jpg
    barbershop.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 122

Liacs

Sorceror
ahh, ok, I thought more about the decoration. But it is a nice building. If you had the house as architect file, I could use it ;)

Liacs

milva

Sorceror
I agree great script would also love to see if male chars could add a beard or shave the beard this or mustache-that would really cover it all :p

jesse

Sorceror
why wouldnt it be possible to simply copy your scripts and make minor changes to the copies, so that you would have seperate items, one being "hair sicors" and one being "beard sicors"; one being "hair razor" and one being "beard razor", if the gump system is too much for you to tackle?

jesse

Sorceror
*laughs* man, an idea just hit me. my big script project has been with pets (and there have been more pet releases in that perticular thread since you first saw it, BTW), so I think more about animals than about people. I've been out of the loop for a while, and I dont know if anyones done anything like it before, but you could use your scripts to make horse grooming tools, where if you use a razor on a brown horse, it becomes a long mained tan. if you use scossors on a long mained tan, you get a short mained tan. if you use a brush on a short mained tan, you get a short mained gray (or something like that).

post script: that sort of a thing would work very well with my scripts, since all of my horse-like creatures (nightmares, seahorses, silver steeds, ect) use the horse body values, and are hued their respective colors.

Liacs

Sorceror
jesse;666893 said:
why wouldnt it be possible to simply copy your scripts and make minor changes to the copies, so that you would have seperate items, one being "hair sicors" and one being "beard sicors"; one being "hair razor" and one being "beard razor", if the gump system is too much for you to tackle?

have fun with it :D

Liacs

jesse

Sorceror
I'd love to help you out there, but most of what I learned actually came from the beta releases of RunUO, and I havent even touched 2.0.. till just resently I wasnt even awear it was released yet, heh.. I got my hands full of script work at the moment, I was just tryin to throw an idea out. if I burn out on my other stuff I might give it a shot or two.

Tylius

Sorceror
Glad this got bumped, definitely interesting and will have to use it, I'm sure my girlfriend will love it

Thanks for making it!

jesse

Sorceror
hey, lookie what I did! I got my horse grooming idea to work. sorry again that I cant help you out with the beard stuff. anyways, these scripts will let you use a pair od hued scissors to trim equine Body IDs. I put all the IDs in there; horses, nightmares, war horses, steeds, the works. brown cuts down to long mained tan, which cuts down to a short mained tan. if it isnt a horse it will hue the creature a close to OSI hue when changing the body. of course theres a hair growth potion too. it has all the IDs in it to, it will set whatever equine you give it to to a brown horse body, apropriately hued according to species. I included a jar of Freeze Brand that will let you hue a short mained tan into a short mained gray (then if you feed it a growth tonic it becomes a brown hued gray, and so on). and I'm not talkin a 1107 kind of gray, I used a 2419 gray. anyways, I think its fun.. not perfect, but fun.. the only way I can use it is through 1.0, I dont know what a script needs in order to be 2.0 compatible.

I used the horse IDs whenever possible, and just wrote in the other IDs so that the scripts would recognize them so these scripts shouldnt end up hueing a non-horse more than once.. after the script sees "oh, thats a Minax Warhorse being trimed. I'll give it a tan, long mained horse body and hue it blood red" then the next time that horse gets clipped the script only sees it as "thats a long mained horse. I'll give it a short main" or, if its a steed, it will only be hued by the growth tonic, and never by the trimmers.. yah, you get the point, I just wanted to mention I minimized the hue issue.

I wanted to show you, then ask if you'd mind my removing these scripts from this post and giving them a thread of their own? seems a little rude to just grab them and run.. but at the same time, it doesnt seem like someone would click your hairbrush thread while looking for pet supplies..

PS: right after posting this, it occured to me; why minimise the hue issue when it can be eliminated? I added if statements so that the tonic and trimmers will only hue a creature if their hue is currently at 0.

I just noticed a problem. these dont change the mounted IDs :/ .. I'll have to look into it a little more.

Attachments

• EquineGroomingTools.rar
    3.5 KB · Views: 56