RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Vhaerun's CRL Homestead System

Hnikar23

Sorceror
where and how do i put the bracket, and is it } or ]? (sorry im know noithing of C#)

public abstract class BaseHops : Item
{
private HopsVariety m_Variety;

[CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
public HopsVariety Variety
{
get{ return m_Variety; }
set{ m_Variety = value; InvalidateProperties(); }
}

// string ICommodity.Description
{
get
{
return String.Format( Amount == 1 ? "{0} {1} hops" : "{0} {1} hops", Amount, BrewingResources.GetName( m_Variety ).ToLower() );
}
}

heres the code piece im fixing, the portion is in red.

Hnikar23

Sorceror
more

i put } right before the red portion above and now im getting

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Customs/Vhaerun's CRL Homestead/Vhaerun's CRL Brewing/Items/Hops/Hops.cs:
CS0116: Line 19: A namespace does not directly contain members such as field
s or methods
CS1518: Line 26: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 35: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 67: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 71: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 81: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 85: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 93: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1022: Line 102: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

dranford

Wanderer
I'm having a problem with this script. I'm using RunUO 2.0 Final, and I figure that's probably the main reason why I'm getting the errors, as I know this is now an old script. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a quick fix to this problem, or if there are other alternative scripts out there that would be more compatible.

Here's the errors I'm getting:

sec_goat

Squire
Commodity, Carving, and the spells changed quite a little since this was released. Look at your methods (will be more different if using ML) and correct these errors.

I am having these exact same errors with RUNUO2.1 where do I find the methods to look at and mess around with to try and get this working again? Anyone still active in here?

sec_goat

Squire
I am trying for the life of me to get this running with RunUO 2.1 And I have been documenting in this thread: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/vhaeruns-crl-homestead-fix-for-runuo-2-1.459863/

is Vhaerun still around and working on this at all? I have the modded files on that thread, it appears that I can compile and run the server but some items seem to be broken or missing still? Killing and skinning animals works, but I can't seem to add things like bottles etc as an admin command, maybe I just don't know how to use the system, and maybe I just broke it more!

sec_goat

Squire
Here goes nothing:

As far as I can tell I have Vhaerun's CLR Homestead system working with RunUO 2.1

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Vhaerun\'s CRL Homestead.zip
    506.3 KB · Views: 107

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Yes, thank you. I haven't been able to do any kind of updating on the system in a long, long time. I haven't had access to a shard for over a year, and our need for the system has come to an end. Meaning, we don't have a need to update it except for our own needs.

I am very glad the system is being used by so many people, and more so that people have been helpful in keeping it updated.

Corwyn

Wanderer
One quick question...

Anyone know if this system works on a Pre-AoS shard? I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't, but I don't think it hurts to ask.

sec_goat

Squire
One quick question...

Anyone know if this system works on a Pre-AoS shard? I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't, but I don't think it hurts to ask.
Do you just have the expansions turned off? or are you using an older version of the core? I believe either way you can find a version that will work for you.

Corwyn

Wanderer
Do you just have the expansions turned off? or are you using an older version of the core? I believe either way you can find a version that will work for you.

Sorry... I should have been more specific. I'm running 2.1 and I simply have the expansion turned off. This system sounds like a great addition for my Pre-AoS roleplay server, so if it can be utilized, I'll certainly give it a shot rather than try and come up with my own and butcher it. :)

sec_goat

Squire
Sorry... I should have been more specific. I'm running 2.1 and I simply have the expansion turned off. This system sounds like a great addition for my Pre-AoS roleplay server, so if it can be utilized, I'll certainly give it a shot rather than try and come up with my own and butcher it. :)

I uploaded a version that works with 2.1 a few posts above this. . . I am not sure how it interacts with the expansions turned off, load it up and see what errors you get, if any?

Corwyn

Wanderer
I'll check into it.

Just as an update, I loaded this onto my pre-AoS server with pretty much no problems (apart from the ones I created myself). Now that I have it installed, I think it's something any roleplay server would love to have.

I do have a question about how seeds are distributed, though. I can't find a vendor that sells them. Not sure about the empty bottles either. The rest of it, I'm pretty sure I can figure out.

sec_goat

Squire
Just as an update, I loaded this onto my pre-AoS server with pretty much no problems (apart from the ones I created myself). Now that I have it installed, I think it's something any roleplay server would love to have.

I do have a question about how seeds are distributed, though. I can't find a vendor that sells them. Not sure about the empty bottles either. The rest of it, I'm pretty sure I can figure out.

hey if you figure it out, let me know, because I still don't know either. I have installed a script called the completely customizable vendor, which would easily allow you to create a vendor that does sell all the seeds.

The modified brewer vendor might sell the empty bottles?

Corwyn

Wanderer
hey if you figure it out, let me know, because I still don't know either. I have installed a script called the completely customizable vendor, which would easily allow you to create a vendor that does sell all the seeds.

The modified brewer vendor might sell the empty bottles?

I thought about using the customizable vendor for this. I may just do that. Might be easier that way. Maybe make one for the seeds and one for the various tools needed. Maybe a third for the empty bottles and label maker.

EDIT: Of course, I decided to look again through the eleven pages of stuff, and I found that someone had already created and/or altered vendors for all of this. Go to post #98 for five downloadable scripts for the vendors.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
The tools and stuff could go on a vendor, you could simply make them craftable. As for the seeds, lots of players really love collecting the seeds and growing crops. I believe selling all of the seeds will really take most if not all of the fun out of that. I suggest perhaps adding seeds to some of your rich loot packs, or perhaps even some custom mobs that drop them. So at least they have to earn the seeds, instead of being able to buy all the ones they want right away. Makes them work for it more, and makes them more rare and still fun to collect/grow.

Corwyn

Wanderer
The tools and stuff could go on a vendor, you could simply make them craftable. As for the seeds, lots of players really love collecting the seeds and growing crops. I believe selling all of the seeds will really take most if not all of the fun out of that. I suggest perhaps adding seeds to some of your rich loot packs, or perhaps even some custom mobs that drop them. So at least they have to earn the seeds, instead of being able to buy all the ones they want right away. Makes them work for it more, and makes them more rare and still fun to collect/grow.

Well, for a roleplay shard, having a vendor sell them makes more sense to me than finding them in monster packs. I might make the tools craftable at some point. For now, I think the vendors will work nicely. At least until I can get people on my shard. Which so far has been... lackluster.