RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] XmlSpawner2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThorsHammer

Wanderer
Hello im Using XML too but i get an Error when i want too add an LOOTPACK to a mob or chest , The Spawner says cant find LOOTPACK .

i editet my LootPack.cs whit lines from the Turtorial

LootPack.cs Line 571
Code:
return Mutate( from, luckChance, item.Construct( IsInTokuno( from ) ) );
					private static bool IsInTokuno(Mobile m)
      			 		 {
            				// ARTEGORDONMOD
            				// allow lootpack construction without a mobile
           					 if (m == null) return false;

if (m.Region.IsPartOf("Fan Dancer's Dojo"))
                			return true;

if (m.Region.IsPartOf("Yomotsu Mines"))
           				     return true;

Erucid

Sorceror
While trying to post at http://xmlspawner.15.forumer.com/

The submission of new posts is currently disabled. Our system has detected that the administrator of this forum has not logged on for 60 days. If this forum is still active, please get a hold of the admin and ask him/her to login to (Admin Panel > fSettings) and reactivate registration and posting. If you have exhausted every attempt but still could not locate the admin, you may contact Forumer and make a request to re-active the forum. If this community has been abandoned, feel free to go to forumer.com and create a new community of your own! .

:-(

My question is, how can give a skill point bonus as a quest reward. Such as, NPC says "Show me you are worthy and slay somecritter and I'll teach you my combat techniques." And on completion of the quest the player gets a +2 to tactics or some thing. This could either be as a quest reward, or in dialog.

Reverb1981

Wanderer
I got a question about quests using xml. When using a kill mob type quest, how do I stop a player from just renaming a tamed animal and killing it to complete the quest? also, is there a complete guide with all the options on quests? Sorry if I overlooked it.

datguy

Sorceror
Make the Killnamed 2 words, players can't name something with a space in the name
/objective1/KILLNAMED,Young Bear,20/

look at my hunterquest to get some idea's

There are some links on XmlSpawner but as for a complete guide, don't think so.

Erucid

Sorceror
Make the Killnamed 2 words, players can't name something with a space in the name
/objective1/KILLNAMED,Young Bear,20/

look at my hunterquest to get some idea's

There are some links on XmlSpawner but as for a complete guide, don't think so.
Wow, how did I miss this flaw. This screws up everything. If my memory is correct, a player can rename "a rabbit" to "young bear" by putting the cursor over the "a" and typing "young", then putting the cursor over "rabbit" and typing "bear". The player never has to hit the space bar.

Erucid

Sorceror
Wow, how did I miss this flaw. This screws up everything. If my memory is correct, a player can rename "a rabbit" to "young bear" by putting the cursor over the "a" and typing "young", then putting the cursor over "rabbit" and typing "bear". The player never has to hit the space bar.
So,
Code:
/KILLNAMED/Smasher,ogre,1
seems to work. And only seems to work on the correct mob type. ALSO in the quest book it says as objective something like "kill 1 ogre(s) named Smasher (1 left) which looks cooler than "Killmob(s) named Smasher"

datguy

Sorceror
You can also in the book type out the description, this works better for collecting items cuz it'll say
Collect 20 Mob(s) apple

/objective1/COLLECTNAMED,apple,20/description1/Collect some apples
or
/objective1/GIVENAMED,apple,20/description1/Give me some apples

And in the book it'll say

Collect some apples (20 left)
&
Give me some apples (20 left)

Reverb1981

Wanderer
Well, this is the script I originally used:

GIVE/<questholder/name/Kill Bobo/notestring/Bobo must go. Find him and kill him/objective1/KILLNAMED,Bobo,1/autoreward/true/rewardstring/@bag/ADD/gold,200

This script allows anything named Bobo to count as a quest point. How would I word it so it has to be Bobo and the correct creature type? I tried the ideas suggested, It didn't seem to work for me. I could be doing something wrong though.

I got this script from a tutorial, which is here

http://www.ageofdarkstone.com/txt/questtut/index.html

Thanks again

Phr3d13

Sorceror
GIVE/<questholder/name/Kill Bobo/notestring/Bobo must go. Find him and kill him/objective1/KILLNAMED,Bobo,"whatever type of monster",1/autoreward/true/rewardstring/@bag/ADD/gold,200
like:
GIVE/<questholder/name/Kill Bobo/notestring/Bobo must go. Find him and kill him/objective1/KILLNAMED,Bobo,ogre,1/autoreward/true/rewardstring/@bag/ADD/gold,200

Reverb1981

Wanderer
Thanks. That helped a lot. quick question how do I change the gold to a check? If you have a bigger quest, I'd hate to burden the player with 5k or something as an autoaward. It could over weight them and get them killed. I tried turning the autoreward to false, but when I clicked collect, it gave me a cursor and no matter where I clicked I didn't get the gold.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
GIVE/<questholder/name/Kill Bobo/notestring/Bobo must go. Find him and kill him/objective1/KILLNAMED,Bobo,ogre,1/autoreward/true/rewardstring/@bag/ADD/bankcheck,5000

Reverb1981

Wanderer
bankcheck, wow, I feel foolish for not thinking of that. I thought tried it though. Maybe I used two words. Can't remember. Either way, it worked.

Thank you

koluch

Sorceror
Accessing the SA map crashed the server because there is no definition for the new map in XML. This I am sure is no easy task, prehaps someone has a thought on this, will keep checking it out, I know you can add custom maps to XML, will keep looking into this but hopefully someone can point to a post that tells you how to do this, thanks.

Koluch

LordHogFred

Knight
Accessing the SA map crashed the server because there is no definition for the new map in XML. This I am sure is no easy task, prehaps someone has a thought on this, will keep checking it out, I know you can add custom maps to XML, will keep looking into this but hopefully someone can point to a post that tells you how to do this, thanks.

Koluch

This is actually a very easy fix :).

In XmlSpawner2.cs find:
Code:
        // sector hashtable for each map
        private static Hashtable[] GlobalSectorTable = new Hashtable[5];

and replace it with:
Code:
        // sector hashtable for each map
        private static Hashtable[] GlobalSectorTable = new Hashtable[Map.Maps.Length];

The spawner crashes the server because a map is being accessed that exceeds the number of maps it knows exists.
Replacing the Hashtable with the Maps.Maps.Length variables means that if more maps are ever added then this problem won't happen again as it will automatically increase the size of the Hashtable :).

Status
Not open for further replies.