RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] XmlSpawner2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erucid

Sorceror
What is the difference between JARMOR, SARMOR and ARMOR? And I can't help but notice that it doesn't spawn any SE style armor. :-(

Phr3d13

Sorceror
i dunno, spawn 3 mobs each with a different one and compare, and about the SE armor, maybe you need to be more specific in the spawner, ie: find the correct item names and use those instead of ARMOR

Erucid

Sorceror
tried that, Did that, can't see a difference. can I get an example of the equip switch. I want to spawn someone and equip the tricorn hat.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
npc/ADD/tricornhat/EQUIP/tricornhat

i think its something like that, don't have a test server to test it on though

Phr3d13

Sorceror
some searches through the xmlspawnerfan forum might help you get more of a feel for the proper wording for a lot of stuff, just make sure if you use the search function on that forum set the "Search posts from..." is set to any date

Phr3d13

Sorceror
yeah, anything you can change in props you can do with xmlspawner. look through arte's forums in the link i posted a couple of posts ago.

im not sure if this has been asked yet i went through all 26 pages and there is a lot of stuff lol what i am trying to do is set up a spawner
(1) if player is carrying "GoldSword" then dbl click a sarcophagus to spawn the mob or dbl click the GoldSword then click the sarcolphagus to spawn the mob
(2) player say "Lady Of The Lake I bring thee Excalibur" then would spawn Lady of the lake

tass23

Page
You can do that. If you set the spawner to spawn when the GoldSword is present, it should work. You have to make sure you enter the correct item in the TriggerOnCarried field in the [props window of the spawner. If you want a spawner to spawn a mob with speech, you need to set it in the SpeechTrigger. You probably don't want to use the whole phrase, if people mispell it, it won't spawn, just a thought. Set either or of the above options, then set the spawner to SpawnOnTrigger and you should be good to go.

yes i did but it spawns every 30 to 45sec with or without the sword being there do i just take out the min and max spawn times

tass23

Page
Yes, remove the min and max spawn times. Then make sure you're using the correct item name in the TriggerOnCarried field. Try using the itemID if the name doesn't work.

tass23

Page
I just looked at one of my spawners, here are the exact settings I'm using. Min-Max=0, Proximity=5, Set Item= (target item you want to trigger the spawner), Smart Spawn=False, SpawnOnTrigger=True, TriggerOnCarried=Item Name (Not itemID).
See if that helps you.

nice that worked great thanks a lot now if you don't mind could you post the changes for the text trigger like you did above for the item trigger
and one more question. i was wondering if you can set up a spawner to spawn a sarcophagus then dbl click the sar, then it would open showing a skeleton inside then dbl click the skeleton then poof skeleton is gone the lid it gone and a mob is spawned?
here is a screen shot to show a lil more detail of what i mean

Attachments

• Tryrilleion_5-13_01.51-2.jpg
    Tryrilleion_5-13_01.51-2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 10
kind of want to combine the sword in there so like dbl click the sword then click the sarcophagus then it opens maybe if that is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.