RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] XmlSpawner2

Status
Not open for further replies.

koluch

Sorceror
Is there a command with .xmlfind that when I select and pull up a group of spawners that I can rename those spawners?

ie: So rather then the name on the spawner being "XMLSpawner" on that group I can change it to "CustomSpawner" or whatever, other then doing it by hand gong to each spawner manually?(yeah, Im an idiot and should have named my spawners ahead of time ....sheesh) I checked the XML spawner fan and the commands sheet I have and didn't see that option, but as with the prior post(egadz,cough) I am wrong often, hehe :]

Thanks!

Koluch

datguy

Sorceror
Yep, find all the spawners you want to rename, check them off on the right (or click topright to select all), then at the bottomright by command type
set name newname
then click the command button

Next time you can xmlfind & fill in the name field & you'll find what your looking for faster

The name you see XMLSpawner is the type, not the name & you can't change that

koluch

Sorceror
Yep, find all the spawners you want to rename, check them off on the right (or click topright to select all), then at the bottomright by command type
set name newname
then click the command button

Next time you can xmlfind & fill in the name field & you'll find what your looking for faster

The name you see XMLSpawner is the type, not the name & you can't change that
Thank you much! :]

Koluch

ReBound

Wanderer
I"m Getting this error every time i try and compile my C# with the XML spawner in my server
if anyone could help me out that would be awsome :D

Code:
Errors:
 + Custom/XML SPAWNER/XmlMobiles/TalkingJeweler.cs:
    CS1715: Line 9: 'Server.Mobiles.TalkingJeweler.SBInfos': type must be 'Syste
m.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Mobiles.SBInfo>' to match overridden member 'S
erver.Mobiles.BaseVendor.SBInfos'
    CS0534: Line 6: 'Server.Mobiles.TalkingJeweler' does not implement inherited
 abstract member 'Server.Mobiles.BaseVendor.SBInfos.get'

sec_goat

Squire
So this is a long shot but here goes:

I am trying this type of thing as seen earlier in this thread
Code:
woodenchest/ADD/LOOTPACK,Superboss/MOVABLE/false/LOCKED/TRUE/
LOCKLEVEL/40/ADD,0.5/WEAPON,2,2/REQUIREDSKILL/45

Is there a way to make the chest just spawn the entire lootpack? Right now this spawns a random weapon sometimes and sometimes nothing.

Also does any one have a list of what all the attributes we can use like this are and what they mean?

Thanks!

EDIT: I am starting to figure these all out a little bit. Does any one know of a way to mass edit spawns? Like I want to add an extra creature to each Wandering Healer spawner for instance?

kaylesk

Sorceror
So this is a long shot but here goes:

I am trying this type of thing as seen earlier in this thread
Code:
woodenchest/ADD/LOOTPACK,Superboss/MOVABLE/false/LOCKED/TRUE/
LOCKLEVEL/40/ADD,0.5/WEAPON,2,2/REQUIREDSKILL/45

Is there a way to make the chest just spawn the entire lootpack? Right now this spawns a random weapon sometimes and sometimes nothing.

Also does any one have a list of what all the attributes we can use like this are and what they mean?

Thanks!

EDIT: I am starting to figure these all out a little bit. Does any one know of a way to mass edit spawns? Like I want to add an extra creature to each Wandering Healer spawner for instance?

From xmlspawner2.txt (included under Support in the xml download)

Version 2.10
updated 1/4/04
- added two keywords to the spawn specification string. ADD allows you to add items to mobs packs. RND allows you to generate random values when specifying properties
The syntax for ADD is /ADD/itemtype, or /ADD,probability/itemtype, or /ADD,probability/<itemtype/prop1/value/prop2/value...>
where probability is a drop probability between 0 and 1 and <itemspec> is an embedded item specification, so that you can put attributes on the added item as well.
An example of this would be the specification string "ogre/name/Lord Bleck/ADD,0.3/katana" that would spawn an ogre named Lord Bleck with a 30% probability of dropping a katana.

The Woodenchest code seems to work just fine with the lootpack, so the line up to /REQUIREDSKILL/45 works fine. If you want more loot add more loot packs. Next

Code:
ADD,0.5/WEAPON,2,2/REQUIREDSKILL/45

REQUIREDSKILL is not a property that you would find on a weapon and will bring back an error from the spawner.And the ADD,0.5 means that it will only spawn 50% of the time.

You could set a str/dex/int requirement with a line like this:

WEAPON,2,2/DexRequirement/50

If this was to be added onto a mob or in a pack/container you would use it like this:

ADD/<WEAPON,2,2/DexRequirement/50>

As for a list of Attributes, use the props command [props and select a weapon. As you look through the properties, you will see Attributes as well as a few other areas to add bonuses, such as SkillBonuses and WeaponAttributes.

And for adding a creature to all your wondering healer spawns, I didn't find an easy way to do it through [xmlfind. You may want search for all your spawners with healers on them, and then place a second spawner. You could also save them all to an xmlfile and then edit the file once they are saved, just a few thoughts. Or if they were spawned by a distro .map file, you could edit that file - delete the spawns and then respawn them all.

Erucid

Sorceror
I open the book for the xmlspawner gump. I write something in book. I close book. but nothing is applied to the spawner. I open the book again, and it is empty. As far as I know this is only affecting me.

robynuo

Sorceror
No idea what is broken for you but never had that problem.
Can you try a new runuo download and install xmlspawner and see if it works there?

tass23

Page
In the event what you're writing in the book is invalid, that would be the only reason why it would be blank. Are you positive you are writing in the correct commands? Try a simple command like just spawn a regular mob named Hank or something.

Erucid

Sorceror
In the event what you're writing in the book is invalid, that would be the only reason why it would be blank. Are you positive you are writing in the correct commands? Try a simple command like just spawn a regular mob named Hank or something.
tried that.
@Erucid - PM me your ip and port if you can, I'll log in and take a look
I will create you an account and PM you the details when I get home. Thanks

Erucid

Sorceror
from the front page of this thread
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-2-0-rc1-xmlspawner2.70112/

This describes my problem, sort of.
New to version 3.22a​
updated 9/1/07​
Bug Fixes​
- fixes a problem with text entry books for the spawner gumps not working properly with recent SVNs.​
This adds a fix for packet handler overrides related to the 6.0.1.7+ client support in SVN 194+.​
Only PacketHandlerOverrides.cs in XmlSpawner2-20-v322a-2of3.zip needs to be updated.​
But I already got version 3.24, so I don't need to update these files.

But, then above that quote, in something seemingly completely different I read...
it means that you are running RunUO 2.0 RC1 instead of RC2 or the most recent SVN and you just need to uncomment this line at the beginning of xmlspawner2.cs​
//#define RUNUO2RC1​
so that it looks like​
#define RUNUO2RC1​
You will also need to comment out this line at the beginning of XmlQuestHolder.cs and PacketHandlerOverrides.cs because RC1 doesnt support UO clients beyond 6.0.1.7​
#define CLIENT6017​
//#define CLIENT6017​
So I checked out my PacketHandlerOverrides.cs and mine is already //#define CLIENT6017, so I uncommented it. Basically the OPPOSITE as what is described.

I restarted the world and now the books work again. So basically I'm confused. I'm wondering what else I need to change, and what else is broken.

I think I'm running Runuo2.0,RC1 with XmlSpawner version 3.24. and Client version 7.0.2. The only thing that recently chagned was the client versions went from 5.0.6 to 7.0.2. That is what borked all of this stuff.

Erucid

Sorceror
new problem.

Well, not exactly new. I think I've always had this problem. I can't use the loot keywords. I can't spawn
orc/ADD/armor,1,2
It tells me
Invalid Add, No such item : armor,1,2
Did I miss part of the installation procedure. I reviewed it and it looks like I got everything edited that is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.