RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 SVN] Mondain's Legacy Simple Installs (with Nerun's Distro)

Seven Pack

Wanderer
Svn 300

Alright, I really really want to use ML on my server but there is SVN 300 out now, not 297. I do not think that I will be able to get it to work right then.

I tried to do all the steps but with SVN 300 and this is what I got:

1. ParrotPerchDeed.cs does not exist.
- I fixed this issue.

2. I keep getting errors saying that decoration items do not exist such as; armories, bookshelves, fancy armories, fancy bookshelves etc.
- I have not fixed this error.

When I get the problem about the decoration, it asks me if I want to delete them and then it says that it is a fatal error, blah blah blah. Is there a way I can get SVN 297 from anywhere?

Seven Pack;772821 said:
Alright, I really really want to use ML on my server but there is SVN 300 out now, not 297. I do not think that I will be able to get it to work right then.

- I fixed this issue.

2. I keep getting errors saying that decoration items do not exist such as; armories, bookshelves, fancy armories, fancy bookshelves etc.

When I get the problem about the decoration, it asks me if I want to delete them and then it says that it is a fatal error, blah blah blah. Is there a way I can get SVN 297 from anywhere?

SVN 300 vs SVN 297. It shows 300 but tortoise SVN shows last log update at 297 and no updates since then.

Jeff;767160 said:
More than likely they are fixes for things that arent published to the public just yet, private fixes for the UOGamers servers, things they may not want public so they can catch exploit abusers on their servers, or things they added to log stuff to catch exploiters.... if you look at the history, there are lots of these kinds of changes.

So there is really no difference script wise in 300 versus 297.

rrhill

Wanderer
One problem after another

Ok ...i am now getting a characterstatue.cs error. Any ideas .. I have searched the forums and have been unable to locate a post that explains the cause. I have found other posts concerning the same error ...but no fix was mentioned.

Thanks

Lokai

Knight
rrhill;772818 said:
Yes ... I tried it as admin. The runme.bat didn't seem to act properly, never really did anything. There was some kind of error when I double-clicked it, but the screen disappeared immediately ... every time i double-click it ...it just disappears. However ... I can run my own shard, and my mondain legacy is up to date. In the instructional post the runme.bat was supposed to do something ...but in my case it has not. Not sure ..but maybe that is the problem.

Runme.bat is EVERYTHING. Without that, you have no Server. If it fails to run, you might have a different version of .NET or something. You need to right-click on the file, and choose EDIT, and that should bring up the file in Notepad. At several key spots in the file, add a PAUSE command. This will temporarily halt running the batch file, allowing you to see if there are any errors. Your file should look like this after you edit it:

Your Notepad Window said:
cd Server
SET DOTNET=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
PAUSE
SET PATH=%DOTNET%
PAUSE
csc.exe /win32icon:runuo.ico /r:Ultima.dll /debug /nowarn:0618 /nologo /out:..\RunUOMLServer.exe /unsafe /recurse:*.cs
PAUSE
cd ..
title RunUO 2.0 SVN 297 - With Mondain's Legacy - Brought to you by Lokai
echo off
cls
RunUOMLServer.exe
PAUSE

Seven Pack;772821 said:

- I fixed this issue.

You can downgrade to 297 by right-clicking on your folder, pointing to TortoiseSVN -> and then clicking on 'Update to Revision...' which will bring up a dialog box. You simply type in 297, and it will downgrade your SVN to that number. However, I think that is NOT the problem, and there is really another issue. Missing files and decorations, etc, sounds like you did not install correctly.

hoose84

Wanderer
rrhill;772818 said:
Yes ... I tried it as admin. The runme.bat didn't seem to act properly, never really did anything. There was some kind of error when I double-clicked it, but the screen disappeared immediately ... every time i double-click it ...it just disappears. However ... I can run my own shard, and my mondain legacy is up to date. In the instructional post the runme.bat was supposed to do something ...but in my case it has not. Not sure ..but maybe that is the problem.

This may sound dumber then the box the rocks came in, but I know what error your talking about. It's because there is no RunUOMLServer.exe file to run. It's not included in either zip (that I noticed), and I've been wondering the same thing. Where does this file come from?

I *SUSPECT*, that you have to compile this EXE yourself. I didn't see this mentioned in the instructions, but that would be a reasonable assumption.

OH, and always run bat files from the cmd line (START>RUN>cmd<ENTER>, and navigate over to the working directory), so you can see what errors you are getting.

Hoose

Melchior

Wanderer
If you would just look at what Lokai just posted:

cd Server
SET DOTNET=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.507 27
PAUSE
SET PATH=%DOTNET%
PAUSE
csc.exe /win32icon:runuo.ico /r:Ultima.dll /debug /nowarn:0618 /nologo /out:..\RunUOMLServer.exe /unsafe /recurse:*.cs
PAUSE
cd ..
title RunUO 2.0 SVN 297 - With Mondain's Legacy - Brought to you by Lokai
echo off
cls
RunUOMLServer.exe
PAUSE

you can see that the line in red will compile the source and produce the 'missing' RunUOMLServer.exe. In fact, when you read this thread you will notice that most problems occur because people don't read the instructions properly.

hoose84

Wanderer
Melchior;773038 said:
If you would just look at what Lokai just posted:

you can see that the line in red will compile the source and produce the 'missing' RunUOMLServer.exe. In fact, when you read this thread you will notice that most problems occur because people don't read the instructions properly.

Yeah, but the fact is that running the batch file DIDN'T produce the executable, which apparently is the original problem. I'm not inclined to go back and figure out why it didn't work at this point. I just went back and compiled it "the hard way".

Thanks for pointing out that people don't read the instructions, that was most helpful. :rolleyes:

Hoose

holiday42

Sorceror
@Lokai
Perhaps update runme.bat?

change:
SET DOTNET=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
to:
SET DOTNET=%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

Because windows may not necessary be installed on the "C:" drive, nor WINDOWS (could be WINNT, WINDOWS.000 etc.)

Dudus88

Wanderer
Hey a have one error :

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3150.20851
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (2701 items, 780 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...failed
Error: Type 'Server.Items.ParrotPerchDeed' was not found. Delete all of those ty
pes? (y/n)

any idea? when i click yes to delete:

Error: Type 'Server.Items.ParrotPerchDeed' was not found. Delete all of those ty
pes? (y/n)
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Items.Backpack
- Serial: 0x40000003
Delete the object? (y/n)
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

any ideas?

Lokai

Knight
Dudus88;773375 said:
Hey a have one error :

pes? (y/n)

any idea? when i click yes to delete:

pes? (y/n)
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Items.Backpack
- Serial: 0x40000003
Delete the object? (y/n)
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

any ideas?

This system is designed for new installs only. If you are dumping this on a server you already have saves on, it will surely not work, and will make you delete ALL items. Either delete your saves, and see if it works then, or (as it is designed) make a new folder with no saves, and start there.

Dudus88

Wanderer
Lokai;773394 said:
This system is designed for new installs only. If you are dumping this on a server you already have saves on, it will surely not work, and will make you delete ALL items. Either delete your saves, and see if it works then, or (as it is designed) make a new folder with no saves, and start there.

ohh sorry my mistake :) now working ty :)

Anna_Hawkins

Wanderer
A few dummy's questions

Excuse me, but I tried to read all of the post about Mondain's Legacy SVN and do not understand at all.
So I have to ask some dumbest questions.

Please assume that:
1. I have no knowledge about programming at all.
2. I have been around this forum for a week and can manage RunUO 2.0 RC2 to run properly with some custom scripts installed such as Datt 99 and Nerun Distro.

Could you please explain:

1. What exactly is SVN? I know only it is subversion and it adds some more scripts.

2. Do I have to compile by follow the Compiling Core for Dummies?

2.1 If yes, why can't I just download and place/replace in a folder and get it run? (i.e. Why there is no one who do all compiling and post it along with RunUO 2.0 RC2 so others can just load and place and run since your requirement is a brand-new, never-been-edited server and many here can finish compiling? Why should you make it hard? Sorry if this question disturb you but I am a novice and really don't understand. It is not that I am lazy but anyone who can get his server compiled and run can just get all their files zipped and upload them. I am willing to do so if I finish compiling.)

3. Does your script pack required SVN compiled before replace?

4. Please confirm my understanding.
To get all run, I have to
- Download RunUO 2.0 RC2.
- Follow the Compiling Core for Dummies.
- Download and replace your files
- Run runme.bat

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Lokai

Knight
Anna_Hawkins;774234 said:
Excuse me, but I tried to read all of the post about Mondain's Legacy SVN and do not understand at all.
So I have to ask some dumbest questions.

Please assume that:
1. I have no knowledge about programming at all.
2. I have been around this forum for a week and can manage RunUO 2.0 RC2 to run properly with some custom scripts installed such as Datt 99 and Nerun Distro.

Could you please explain:

1. What exactly is SVN? I know only it is subversion and it adds some more scripts.

SVN is the continuing evolution of the RunUO software. As new ideas/fixes/concepts are created, they get put into the SVN, where users can test them, and provide feedback. When you create a folder for the SVN release using subversion software, such as Tortoise, you can easily move up or down to any specific release number. This release was designed to work with SVN 297.

2. Do I have to compile by follow the Compiling Core for Dummies?

No. If you follow the step-by-step instructions in the first post of this release, you do not have to manually compile the core, since the included batch file does it for you.

2.1 If yes, why can't I just download and place/replace in a folder and get it run? (i.e. Why there is no one who do all compiling and post it along with RunUO 2.0 RC2 so others can just load and place and run since your requirement is a brand-new, never-been-edited server and many here can finish compiling? Why should you make it hard? Sorry if this question disturb you but I am a novice and really don't understand. It is not that I am lazy but anyone who can get his server compiled and run can just get all their files zipped and upload them. I am willing to do so if I finish compiling.)

Including the entire Server and Client source files would make the zip file very large. It was omitted mainly for that reason.

3. Does your script pack required SVN compiled before replace?

You don't have to 'Compile' anything. Simply follow the instructions.

4. Please confirm my understanding.
To get all run, I have to
- Download RunUO 2.0 RC2.
- Follow the Compiling Core for Dummies.
- Download and replace your files
- Run runme.bat

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Not quite.

- Download the RunUO 2.0 SVN (current release).
- For maximum compatibility, downgrade the SVN to version 297. (see below)
- Download the files from this system, and overwrite originals with these.
- Run runme.bat.

Tortoise SVN instructions on switching revisions:
If you are using Tortoise SVN, right-click on the folder, select Tortoise SVN - and click on "Update to Revision", then in the box, type 297.

Anna_Hawkins

Wanderer
Thx you

Lokai, thank you very much for your fast and clear explanation.

However, I have some problem. I cannot find the "Update to Revision" in TortoiseSVN context menu. Even though I went to Settings >> Context Menu and checked the box in front of "Update to Revision" then clicked apply. Actually I cannot make any change in TortoiseSVN context menu. I'm on Vista and maybe this cause problem?

EDIT: I've omitted this step, replace with all your files and then click runme.bat. It completed with no error. Now I'm running a SVN 297 on the Vista with no problem so far. It seems the version no. is not the cause as you suggested in reply #85.

Thanks again.

Monosin

Wanderer
Is there a way to keep all the vendors and doors with adding mondains? or do i phsically have to add them all myself?

Varchild

Wanderer
Malganis, what does this mod should do?

Code:
			#region Mondain's Legacy
			if ( i is BaseAddonContainer )
				i.Movable = false;
			else
			#endregion

is it correct?

And in ReleaseSecures, should not be

#region Mondain's Legacy
if ( item is BaseAddonContainer )
item.Movable = true;
else
#endregio

?

MalGanis

Sorceror
Addon containers are never movable. If you release them, that just removes security, so anyone can access them.

Andyclaudino

Wanderer
Lokai;774244 said:
SVN is the continuing evolution of the RunUO software. As new ideas/fixes/concepts are created, they get put into the SVN, where users can test them, and provide feedback. When you create a folder for the SVN release using subversion software, such as Tortoise, you can easily move up or down to any specific release number. This release was designed to work with SVN 297.

No. If you follow the step-by-step instructions in the first post of this release, you do not have to manually compile the core, since the included batch file does it for you.

Including the entire Server and Client source files would make the zip file very large. It was omitted mainly for that reason.

You don't have to 'Compile' anything. Simply follow the instructions.

- Download the RunUO 2.0 SVN (current release).
- For maximum compatibility, downgrade the SVN to version 297. (see below)
- Download the files from this system, and overwrite originals with these.
- Run runme.bat.

Tortoise SVN instructions on switching revisions:
If you are using Tortoise SVN, right-click on the folder, select Tortoise SVN - and click on "Update to Revision", then in the box, type 297.

Hi, Lokai.
I beg your sorry, but i follow (or try) the steps, and still not working.
When i run the "runme.bat" (in the version with pauses), apears this message:

"C:\SS - 2Server\Server>csc.exe /win32icon:runuo.ico /r:Ultima.dll /debug /nowarn
:0618 /nologo /out:..\RunUOMLServer.exe /unsafe /recurse:*.cs
'csc.exe' não é reconhecido como um comando interno
ou externo, um programa operável ou um arquivo em lotes."

In Portuguese, cause my windows xp is in portuguese.

In english, this say " 'csc.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or bat file."
And it repeats whit the Runuomlserver.exe.

I've tried change this file in the runme.bat, add the server of runuo 2.0 rc2, download the svn 300, follow the compiling core for dummies and nothing works.
Maybe cause my visual basic if 2008 version, not 2005, like in the "compiling ...", but i don't know why and still not working.
Some idea?
Or i have to search the "compiling core for extra-dummies"?

Thanks a lot.