RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 SVN] Mondain's Legacy Simple Installs (with Nerun's Distro)

razzles

Wanderer
Andyclaudino;778714 said:
...(snip)
Maybe cause my visual basic if 2008 version, not 2005, like in the "compiling ...", but i don't know why and still not working.
Some idea?
Or i have to search the "compiling core for extra-dummies"?

Thanks a lot.

RunUO uses C#, not Visual Basic.

Lokai

Knight
Andyclaudino;778714 said:
"C:\SS - 2Server\Server>csc.exe /win32icon:runuo.ico /r:Ultima.dll /debug /nowarn
:0618 /nologo /out:..\RunUOMLServer.exe /unsafe /recurse:*.cs
'csc.exe' não é reconhecido como um comando interno
ou externo, um programa operável ou um arquivo em lotes."

In Portuguese, cause my windows xp is in portuguese.

In english, this say " 'csc.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or bat file."

csc.exe is the program that compiles c# source code. If it doesn't recognize it as a valid program, then you do not have the correct version of .NET installed, or you used another installation path. You need to check this line:

SET DOTNET=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.507 27
PAUSE

Most likely you have a different path to your .NET Framework. Browse your PC, and find the correct path where csc.exe is located, then type it in the runme.bat file exactly as it appears on your computer.

LordDark462

Wanderer
I had this in the crash report:

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 3208.40625
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.1433
Time: 10/14/2008 2:34:12 PM
Mobiles: 36513
Items: 178284
Exception:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'E:\SVN 299\Saves\Items\Items.bin' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Server.BinaryFileWriter..ctor(String filename, Boolean prefixStr) in e:\SVN 299\Server\Serialization.cs:line 197
at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics) in e:\SVN 299\Server\Persistence\StandardSaveStrategy.cs:line 106
at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.Save(SaveMetrics metrics) in e:\SVN 299\Server\Persistence\StandardSaveStrategy.cs:line 45
at Server.World.Save(Boolean message) in e:\SVN 299\Server\World.cs:line 778
at Server.World.Save() in e:\SVN 299\Server\World.cs:line 747
at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save()
at Server.Misc.AutoSave.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice() in e:\SVN 299\Server\Timer.cs:line 401
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in e:\SVN 299\Server\Main.cs:line 479

Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = lorddark) (mobile = 0x618 'Dark')

I beleave this is after it auto restarted:

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3208.40625
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (2701 items, 780 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...Error:
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at Server.World.Load() in e:\SVN 299\Server\World.cs:line 386
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug, Boolean cache) in e:\SVN 299\
Server\ScriptCompiler.cs:line 627
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in e:\SVN 299\Server\Main.cs:line 443
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

I was not even around when this happened i was getting a shower came back and saw this.

greywolf79

Sorceror
Ok, I know no one really supports RC2 with ML (which is what my goal is) but I get an error with either the latest SVN or RC2 exe file...

I get this with a custom compiled RC2 (using the SVN files from this post)...

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3175.38923
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...Error:
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the
 requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
   at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Server.Core.VerifySerialization(Assembly a)
   at Server.Core.VerifySerialization()
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug, Boolean cache)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I get this with the latest SVN core instead of RC2...

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3138.26186
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (2683 items, 765 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (0 items, 0 mobiles) (0.01 seconds)
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the ta
rget of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted op
eration is not supported for the type of object referenced
   at System.Net.IPAddress.get_Address()
   at Server.Utility.IPMatch(String val, IPAddress ip, Boolean& valid)
   at Server.Utility.IPMatch(String val, IPAddress ip)
   at Server.Misc.ServerList.IsPrivateNetwork(IPAddress ip)
   at Server.Misc.ServerList.HasPublicIPAddress()
   at Server.Misc.ServerList.AutoDetection()
   at Server.Misc.ServerList.Initialize()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] argum
ents, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle
 typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] argume
nts, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwn
er)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invoke
Attr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisib
ilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invoke
Attr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug, Boolean cache)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

GreyWolf.

LordDark462

Wanderer
Ok so asside from that one crash everything is working. Only problem I had with this was trying to figure out how to do SVN. Even after installing the svn program i was having a hard time but I finaly moved on to the next few pages. There are just a few problems but they are problems neruns distro that i just want everyone to be ware of. It does not spawn new haven it spawns old haven aka the wreck. New haven has a few stray mobs in there ranging from harpys to orc's you'll have to delete the spawns and spawn them manualy. But other then that this system and everyhing that goes with it is great.

Andyclaudino

Wanderer
Lokai;778797 said:
csc.exe is the program that compiles c# source code. If it doesn't recognize it as a valid program, then you do not have the correct version of .NET installed, or you used another installation path. You need to check this line:

SET DOTNET=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.507 27
PAUSE

Most likely you have a different path to your .NET Framework. Browse your PC, and find the correct path where csc.exe is located, then type it in the runme.bat file exactly as it appears on your computer.

Thank you Lokai, but my error is more simple.
When i downloaded the svn trough tortoise, the tortoise is only downloading the folder "server", (on this url : http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/server/ ). I download this several times and don't understand why didn't work. When i realized, put the url correct (Revision 300: /devel), then it's work easy, really easy.
And i'm telling this, cause i see more people, in this post, having some troubles i´ve had. Suddenly, it is more commom which appears.

Hawkins

Sorceror
Hawkins;780211 said:
Does this still work for C# 2008 Express? It doesn't seem to be with any csc.exe?!

I hate Microsolf even for only this. csc.exe is in .Net instead of C#. :p

Everything works fine, but the publicmoongate doesn't seem to work properly, especially the Trinsic moongate. It seems to be a problem of the core though.

PappaSmurf

Knight
Callandor2k;772826 said:
SVN 300 vs SVN 297. It shows 300 but tortoise SVN shows last log update at 297 and no updates since then.

So there is really no difference script wise in 300 versus 297.

Yea I'm running it with a 300 based core and not a 297 so it should work fine.

Also once again for those who are after OSI Accuracy I can't stress enough how much easier converting Nerun's spawn maps over to XML Spawner makes things. Areas like the Citadel for example where there are triggered spawns which are much easier to set up with XML. ALso the Lybrianth has a Seqential spawn on OSI, I don't think Nerun's premium spawners support those. Also there needs to be a Champ spawn platform added for the Twisted Wield.

Kar Mall

Sorceror
I just want to say thanks to everyone that is responsible for putting this package together. I decided to download and start off with these files and so for everything appears to be working just fine.

Putting the spawner and ML packages together worked out great for me, good job Lokia.

PappaSmurf

Knight
Kar Mall;780503 said:
I just want to say thanks to everyone that is responsible for putting this package together. I decided to download and start off with these files and so for everything appears to be working just fine.

Putting the spawner and ML packages together worked out great for me, good job Lokia.

Yea it really is a great package...There's a few tweaks needed here and there with the spawns....especially in the peerless areas, and some corrections on a few of the mobiles but on the whole it's a great system and the edits are not that big a deal for a novice to do. Mostly it's adding fame and karma info the the ML Mobiles, and adjusting the spawns so you don't get imbalanced spawns of creatures like with Saliva in the Blighted Grove...You should get 1 Salvia, 2-3 harpies and 2-3 changlings. The Default Spawn setup if you use the automated spawning with Nerun's package has it so that it can spawn a wierd number of each (within the max amount to spawn) or all of one type it's all random.

Kar Mall

Sorceror
I did notice some odd spawns but that is to be expected with something like this. I have not gotten around to adding the Fame/Karma information yet but all will come in time.

PappaSmurf

Knight
Kar Mall;780561 said:
I did notice some odd spawns but that is to be expected with something like this. I have not gotten around to adding the Fame/Karma information yet but all will come in time.

Yea it really is, though you can argue that's a good thing for the person interested in starting his first shard up, since he or she can get some experience and have a good knowledge of how to adjust and place spawns. Like I've said before though I converted mine to XML Spawner simply because it's a more flexible system than Nerun's when it comes to tweaking spawns in my opinion, that and I can use SpawnEditor to manage spawns without having to hunt them down one at a time.

sirbum69

Wanderer
everytime i try to download either of the zip files, and unsip them they say no files to unzip..

Anyone else having this issue. Ive tried using winzip and 7zip neiter one will work cause the files are corrupted

sirbum69

Wanderer
bah firefox... have never used and wont, but thank you for the reply...

I figured out what i had to do...seems you have to use winrar to unzip it, then change the name of the file that comes out of it to a zip file then unzip it...

Just seems strange cause back in the day i never had to do that here...but im finding it on alot of things, so im assuming they have changed the way things are zipped on here

Kyrbis

Wanderer
hi there.i've installed everything correctly.the server is working very stable. great thing.
theres just one thing that bothers me:

I made the world spawn via [spawner but trammel (map 0) has no doors. Felucca has.

i cannot give more information to how the script looks like, because i just took the one from this thread.

can anyone help?