RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.1] Nerun's Distro

duponthigh

Sorceror
One More Question i notice the delay on them to show up is kinda slow .Per say i was climb up the steps of luna bank and had a overseer in the middle at 20x20 tiles.I want the spawn to be spawned before i climb the steps and get into the bank.The npc doesnt seem to spawn until i am inthe middle of bank and then they spawn.Is there away to speed up the player recongnition?

nerun

Sorceror
Two ways:

1) [props it, then look for OutRangeDelay, set it to less then 5 secs.

OR

2) Increase Range to more then 20.

But serious, to put an OverSeer to supervise only one spawn is not a good use of it. Here some tips to use OverSeers strategically:

1) Place the OverSeers where players don't go very often:
  • Towns - Players loves towns, there is always one player at the main towns like Luna, Umbra, Britain and Minoc. These towns don't need an OverSeer, put no one. For towns rarely visited, put ONLY ONE OverSeer, covering the entire town.
  • Florests, open sea, swamps, deserts, and all other open areas - These places are rarely visited and deserve a supervisor covering a large area.
  • Dungeons - Many dungeons has levels in different floors. You can put one OverSeer by floor. But if all floors are side by side in the MAP (look at UO Automap, UO Atlas or UO Cartographer), you can put one Overseer covering all floors, like Solen Hive!
  • Lost Lands - This is a good example. It is a big retangle. Use two OverSeers. OverSeers rules squares, so 2 OverSeers can rule a retangle.
2) Try to put OverSeers covering large areas, supervising many PremiumSpawners as possible. Because if you put 1:1 it will lag your server (= more CPU usage).

nerun

Sorceror
In rev.76 you can use two more parameters in the cfg files:
Code:
# This is a comment
SpawnsOverseer 7966 (Range=50; InRangeDelay=30; OutRangeDelay=5)
5433 1102 0

shivan

Sorceror
Quick question, related to premium spawners,

1) there is no way to save the old serial premium spawners? im updrading from 2.0 to 2.2 and im using a large number of my own premium spawners around the world.

2) Any way to find the spawner of a npc? im used the standart spawn opcion and there are a few drakes spawning very close to my newb char creation point, and i cant find the spawner responsable of that...

nerun

Sorceror
Quick question, related to premium spawners,

1) there is no way to save the old serial premium spawners? im updrading from 2.0 to 2.2 and im using a large number of my own premium spawners around the world.

2) Any way to find the spawner of a npc? im used the standart spawn opcion and there are a few drakes spawning very close to my newb char creation point, and i cant find the spawner responsable of that...

1) Yes, they use an engine very close to that used in 2.2. Just use [spawngen savebyhand. It will save al spawns with SpawnID = 1 in Data/Monsters/byhand.map. Get this byhand.map and load it in 2.2. Rename the file and place it in Data/Monsters. Load with [spawngen MapName.map.

Suggestion: edit byhand.map adding one line to it, first line: overrideid 12. You can use any number from 2 to 100. I choiced 12, but can be anyone. Do not use numbers from 101 to 3000. They are reserved to default maps. With this line you can remove all your spawns saved at MapName.map just using [spawngen unload 12. Or [spawngen unload [number you had used].

Load = [spawngen MapName.map
Unload = [spawngen unload [number you had used]

If you want to edit your premium spawners, do it in the MAP file OR, don't change overrideid and map name, use the default 1 and byhand.map name. It is usefull if you have only one custom map. So you can always save your custom premium spawners with [spawngen savebyhand. This will override previous byhand.map.

2) Try [editor, so select a range close to you OR select a specific creature name (ex: write banker to show all premiumspawners that spawn banker in the current facet). The better way is to use range. Editor will show all Premium Spawners close to you in that range. Click the left list to see details in the right list.

kaylesk

Sorceror
Erros:
+ Misc/MondainLegacy.cs:
CS0101: Line 6: The namespace 'Server' already contains a definition for Mondain....
I installed RunUO SVN with Turtoise
Then Installed Nerun's Distro with Turtoise
Did my exports, followed the steps for Distro for RunUO 2.2 and Distro for RunUO svn...

And it gives me those bugs....

In case you don't want to update to the latest version of Nerun's Distro

I found the offending Script:

Distro for RunUO 2.2\Scripts\Customs\Nerun's Distro\ML\Commands\DecorateML.cs

Code:
namespace Server
{
    public static class MondainsLegacy
    { 
        public static void Initialize()
        {
            CommandSystem.Register( "DecorateML", AccessLevel.Administrator, new CommandEventHandler( DecorateML_OnCommand ) );
        }

Change MondainsLegacy to DecorateML

fcondon

Sorceror
I noticed with the latest svn + your distro from your google project site, after I spawn the world, and restart I get a list of bad spawns (mostly in felucia) not a huge deal, there isnt tons, I was just going to delete them manually, but some are below the ground. Like this one at 3666 2266 21 in felucia. Is there a way I can remove a spawner without being able to see it?

mallorea

Wanderer
nerun you are very gifted at what you do and i wish to congratulate you but i have one question that seems to bother me that i cant seem to figure out maybe you can enlighten me, how come runuo svn has your latest nerun distro and orb svn has an old version.
for i can easily spawn termur on runuo then add the stygains dragon and medusa thats no problem. but when i try to add termur on orb svn it seems to not be on the premium spawner, so i am thinking i would have to manually spawn all of termur by hand, that seems tedious. maybe there is a way to patch your latest nerun distro into orbsvn but i have tried and cannot for the life of me get it to work. or is there a way to merge runuo svn and orb svn, i tried this aswell and am not very good with this yet, your advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you have a great day.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
[area interface

Target an area around where an item should be. It will pull up an interface gump with access to all non static items in that area. This doesn't work on multis though.

ironworker

Sorceror
Hello : I'm having trouble with see'ing all spawners as an owner/admin. after setting toons too [GMbody and loging off and back on again(restarting core). I patched up to 7.0.5.0 using 2.2 stygin abyss and .net 3.5 and I put everything I needed where it should go but at a loss as to why I'm unable to see any of the spawners/xmlspawners . Any suggestions on what I may of forgot about or over looked ? Thanks for any help concerning my ordeal .

ironworker

Sorceror
Have you spawned them? Use [spawner, delect spawns you want, click ok. Wait.

Hello nerun ,, yes i did the create world and spawned after creating both accounts but just can not see the any type of spawners , is there a trick to see ing them or have to be at a certain patch? I could see them on my other private test server and even replaced the folder's and re-compiled all went well but still not seeing any type of spawners.It's like I have the ability add items/creatures using the [Add command , that works fine but not with any type of spawner/xmlspawner , like as if I don't have the godly power to see them as if I'm a regular player.

Grimm S

Sorceror
Hi nerun

Just want to say appreciate what you do thankyou. Quick question though, is your svn on your google page upgraded on a regular basis because it looks pretty current and if so how do I keep up with the upgrades?

nerun

Sorceror
Hi nerun

Just want to say appreciate what you do thankyou. Quick question though, is your svn on your google page upgraded on a regular basis because it looks pretty current and if so how do I keep up with the upgrades?

Yes, it is. Just use TurtoiseSVN, verify changelog everytime you update it. Then add the new files.

The better option is: download the 7-zip file in the 1st post of this thread, unzip, copy/paste all over your current server. Just it.

I always update SVN first, then i update the 7-zip file (both at same day).

nerun

Sorceror
Hello nerun ,, yes i did the create world and spawned after creating both accounts but just can not see the any type of spawners , is there a trick to see ing them or have to be at a certain patch? I could see them on my other private test server and even replaced the folder's and re-compiled all went well but still not seeing any type of spawners.It's like I have the ability add items/creatures using the [Add command , that works fine but not with any type of spawner/xmlspawner , like as if I don't have the godly power to see them as if I'm a regular player.

Beyond [creatworld, have you used the spawn options? Selected areas to spawn etc? If yes, i really don't know what happens to you. :(