RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO.com forum change complete

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I liked it better when it was a fixed size.

My screen is 17" wide so its huge posts :p

Shadow1980

Wanderer
ssalter said:
I wondered if it was my computer going whacky or not. Everything is really spread out now. Table cells have no defined width, it appears, so nothing is really lined up. I imagine we'll easily get used to it though! Humans are extraordinarily adaptable animals. :) The other format was much more professional looking though, imho.

I agree completely. Frankly currently the forums are unusable.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Shadow1980 said:
I agree completely. Frankly currently the forums are unusable.

they are not unusable. maybe a bit hard to use.

I like the changes with only the exception to the thread widths

Its a great idea in theory to vary the post depending on what/who you reply to, but in practice, it means everyone will need to know about it and know how to use it... otherwise it will just get too messy

the new theme will take some getting used to (it always does) but I'm sure once everyone gets used to it, they might like it much better.

a few things I like so far (only seen a few threads so far) are the flashing new post indicators... although most are going to stay flashing forever because the forum gets so many posts... it still gets your attention.

I LOVE the lack of ads, but I don't think anybody will mind one or 2 (if money starts getting tight anyway)

I just noticed the thread rating, it was likely always there, but easier to see now

cleaner, most likely more powerful, and well, different, change can be good.

so far I really dont see any bugs. so, GREAT JOB !

Packer898

Knight
ssalter said:
I wondered if it was my computer going whacky or not. Everything is really spread out now. Table cells have no defined width, it appears, so nothing is really lined up. I imagine we'll easily get used to it though! Humans are extraordinarily adaptable animals. :) The other format was much more professional looking though, imho.

LOL I agree. Especially with the width problem. :eek:

A_Li_N

Knight
I use Firefox and the colums are alos full screen...but I don't mind. Will take some getting used to the new look, but so far, I like it. I was just thinking about a day ago "a new look would be cool"

Exer

Sorceror
I think it would be awesome if we could chose between this theme and the previous one. This current style looks too basic and too much like win XP default themes.

tbird

Sorceror
For the most part I like the new format, although I dont care for the indented threads, ond for goodness sakes stop the flashing! Just make it a bright orange box or somthing.

Mekaylah

Wanderer
I personally think you made a great choice. It is a nice change. The old skin was starting to really look kind of dull. This one is brighter and more cheerful looking. I like how the buttons flash on posts I haven't read yet also, altho they are hard to see at times. :cool:

JadeFist

Wanderer
JadeFist said:
Is there a link I'm missing on the home page that will show just the newest posts since your last visit?

NM, found it. Top right, once you click on the "LINKS" button.