RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO.com forum change complete

Webbykins

Wanderer
I use IE but it looks good to me. Frankly, the different sized posts don't bother me at all. Good Work Ryan! I hope people stop complaining about it!!! :p

Thanks,

KillerBeeZ

Knight
some people (myself not included) cannot get away from IE... like some dial up users have to use a propriatary version of IE to get online, you know what I'm talking about.. like the Compuserver IE or AOL IE (does aol use IE?)

I am not sure if they can even use another browser... or if the laws changed this.

and... the forum will look just fine in IE, IF people were to actually type more than 4 words.

If you type a complete line, your post will look fine.

I do agree that users should be able to switch the skin... but I think I'll stick with this one, even with the problems in IE

Thraxus

Sorceror
This is off-topic, but anyone using an ISP with a proprietary browser (or any proprietary software) needs to start shopping for a new ISP pronto. Choosing to use IE is one thing, being forced to is quite another.

Slightly on-topic again.. my posts don't seem to be screwed up in IE even when my posts are short. :confused:

X

Xanthos

I really like the new layout. I find the flashing icons terribly annoying. I think anything that flashes on the screen is a bad thing in UI design.

bzk90

Lord
internet is intenret, ive used aol, compuserve and netzero

i was able to use mozila with all of them

except compuserve ripped us off (long distance dialing without knowing it)

KillerBeeZ

Knight
bzk90 said:
internet is intenret, ive used aol, compuserve and netzero

i was able to use mozila with all of them

except compuserve ripped us off (long distance dialing without knowing it)

yeah, go figure... compusux is owned by aohell :eek:

although I never had that problem when I had them

TMSTKSBK

Lord
The font size on the forums is gonna kill me. I can't adjust it with the "Text Size" menu either. Which is generally useless anyway...

But yeah. I can hardly read the text unless I'm 2" from the screen.

ssalter

Account Terminated
yeah, font size can't change unfortunately. but the lack of an effective Search function is a major loss. I get the javascript error even if I don't do a Search sometimes. *sigh* Makes the site very cumbersome and non-useful. Too bad we don't have the old one.

Alari

Wanderer
I think I found a bug. After the first search, clicking the search button in IE or FireFox pops up a dialog box that says "Please wait for the page to finish loading" - every time, no matter how long I wait after the page is done loading. (After the icon stops animating) I have to close the browser completely (all open pages) for Search to work again.

Also in IE the first time I click the search button the little mini-window pops up normally, whereas in FireFox it's way off to the side (off the right side of the page)

Also the fonts are borderline unreadable. =( I do have the font size cranked way up but on some posts it doesn't matter or ignores my setting. If I increase the font size any more, it fubars every other page on the internet (text lines run together and smash into nearby pictures, etc)

Alari

Wanderer
bzk90 said:
firefox- cntrl scroll wheel will adjust font size

I do have the font size cranked way up but on some posts it doesn't matter or ignores my setting. If I increase the font size any more, it fubars every other page on the internet (text lines run together and smash into nearby pictures, etc)

Seven

Sorceror
bzk90: that works on IE too ;)

Alari: It may be because you or someone who used your computer set the font size in the options menu. This might cause the problem.

Alari

Wanderer
Seven said:
Alari: It may be because you or someone who used your computer set the font size in the options menu. This might cause the problem.
I'm the only one who used it. However, I have no idea if I've messed with the font settings under Options. I'm pretty sure I always used increase/decrease size (CTRL PLUS or CTRL MINUS) but I may have poked around in there. It's set to 18 point variable width, 16 point fixed width, and no minimum size (that'd be the first thing I would change, heh.)

Right now it's teeny-tiny, compared with other pages. (Same browser, same settings, etc) If I open RunUO.com's forums and open another page in another window, the RunUO fonts are smaller.

(Obviously I *can* read the RunUO ones, just that it's a strain to do so. I tried increasing the font size which was fine until I browsed to another page, where the text ran together and off the side of the page, etc, until I decreased the font size. Also it was hy00ge until then.)

As far as when browsing RunUO the font settings don't work, what I mean is I can be reading a thread, increase the font size through the roof, and some posts will have hy00ge text while other posts in the same thread will have the default teeny-tiny font.