RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO with Mondain's Legacy

Amy-

Sorceror
Hammerhand;786115 said:
Ok... call me a nimrod or whatever, but.... I got TortoiseSVN, but past that I'm sort of... uummm... lost. :eek: I got the google dl's I needed, but how do I use tortoisesvn to dl the server files? Its probably quite easy, but I just got off work and my minds already in bed (actually I dont think it even got OUT of bed last night..). Hints anyone? I want an updated test server to crash (which I've gotten very skilled at). :D

It's pretty simple really, you just right click and checkout.

Checking Out A Working Copy

Hammerhand

Knight
Thx Amy- I was thinking that may be it, but wasnt sure. Worked great, server loads fine. Now to get some sleep and then try creating a new and exciting way to crash a server while attempting to make a script. :D

Marlboro_Man

Wanderer
Noob Question

Kinda got a noobish question would you only need the 64 bit if you were running on a 64 bit OS? could i get an explanation of the differences please?

Marlboro_Man;786511 said:
Kinda got a noobish question would you only need the 64 bit if you were running on a 64 bit OS? could i get an explanation of the differences please?

You only need the 64bit dll's and exe if you are running 64bit os. Such as Windows XP X64 or Windows Vista X64 and the like.

Marlboro_Man

Wanderer
Thanks for the quick replay I am downloading the files now slowly one at a time lol i can only imagine how loang it took to put them all up :) we appreciate your hard work

Marlboro_Man;786523 said:
Thanks for the quick replay I am downloading the files now slowly one at a time lol i can only imagine how loang it took to put them all up :) we appreciate your hard work

You could use TortoiseSVN do download them all at once.

Marlboro_Man

Wanderer
well in all honsety its a good lesson for me to learn wwhat all goes where. so my last question would be what version custom scripts would i be putting into this? 2.0 rc1 or 2? thanks in advance

Marlboro_Man;786525 said:
well in all honsety its a good lesson for me to learn wwhat all goes where. so my last question would be what version custom scripts would i be putting into this? 2.0 rc1 or 2? thanks in advance

This is RunUO 2.0 SVN so any current custom scripts would work. RunUO 1.0 scripts won't work without tweaking them a little. And possibly some RC1 may have a few problems depending on how they are scripted.

Marlboro_Man

Wanderer
hmm went and downloaded tortoisesvn but it seems i cannot download direct from this googlecode link, perhaps you could clarify a bit?

Marlboro_Man;786551 said:
hmm went and downloaded tortoisesvn but it seems i cannot download direct from this googlecode link, perhaps you could clarify a bit?

Did you use....

"http://runuomondains.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/"

without quotes?

Marlboro_Man

Wanderer
hehe got it figured out finally through trial and error got everything downloaded but got a buttload of errors perhaps it is not organized and pointed where it needs to go or this is not a standalone system like i thought it was :p but some errors talk about xml but i thought you said xml was not in this system. ill be on all night so if ya wanna hit me up on msn im at [email protected], I no longer work there just havent felt the need to change my email account :)

lol big nevermind got it to compile now thanks for all the help along the way :)

Marlboro_Man;786554 said:
hehe got it figured out finally through trial and error got everything downloaded but got a buttload of errors perhaps it is not organized and pointed where it needs to go or this is not a standalone system like i thought it was :p but some errors talk about xml but i thought you said xml was not in this system. ill be on all night so if ya wanna hit me up on msn im at [email protected], I no longer work there just havent felt the need to change my email account :)

lol big nevermind got it to compile now thanks for all the help along the way :)

What errors were pointing to XML? There should not be any reference to XML in the scripts.

Surllio

Sorceror
Okay, I feel like a real noob at this. I've got the server running. I've got the vendors, the objects, and ML stuff, however, I can't seem to get normal spawns.

You said you incorperated Nerun's, but his spawner commands don't work. If I reinstall Neruns, it just messes everything up.

Is there a way to spawn the normal creatures of the world?

Surllio;786735 said:
Okay, I feel like a real noob at this. I've got the server running. I've got the vendors, the objects, and ML stuff, however, I can't seem to get normal spawns.

You said you incorperated Nerun's, but his spawner commands don't work. If I reinstall Neruns, it just messes everything up.

Is there a way to spawn the normal creatures of the world?

Did you use the Premium Spawner to spawn the world? It's easier to use the Premium Spawner because it gives you a gump to choose what to install.

Surllio

Sorceror
How do you use the Premium Spawner? I'm a little confused. I know how to use Nerun's stuff, but none of his commands work.

Surllio;786753 said:
How do you use the Premium Spawner? I'm a little confused. I know how to use Nerun's stuff, but none of his commands work.

[add premiumspawner

Then dbl click it. It will bring a gump with the spawning options.