RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO with Mondain's Legacy

infrabegins

Wanderer
Hi guys, tried to get the XML Spawner working today, seemed to be going well but have one final few errors - any suggestions on fixing it?

Errors:
+ Engines/Spawner/Spawner.cs:
CS0246: Line 24: The type or namespace name 'ISpawnable' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 47: The type or namespace name 'ISpawnable' could not be found
CS0246: Line 343: The type or namespace name 'ISpawnable' could not be found
CS0246: Line 399: The type or namespace name 'ISpawnable' could not be found
CS0246: Line 420: The type or namespace name 'ISpawnable' could not be found

Ehi, guys! :D

I downloaded the pre-compiled 64-bit RunUO core and the zlib64.dll, then I run the server and it works well until here... but when I choose a class for my character, it displays that I don't have SE (if I choose samurai or ninja... obviously, I have it) and then freezes, or it freezes without displaying anything and... guess what? It freezes!
How can I solve this problem?

Thanks allot for helping!

EDIT: My client version is 7.0.15.1! I don't know if it could be the problem.

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
I was able to use up to client 7.0.12.0 anything past when I tried was not working right. (also just a question to make sure - are you running the server on the same computer that you have uo installed on?

Thank you! I'll try to do as you did :)
And yes, I'm running it on the same computer... and sincerely I don't know exactly what you are meaning xD beacause I see that RunUO requires the directory of UO, so I MUST run it with Uo installed... or not? O_O

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
Server needs some files from UO game to work, IE map files ect. So if the server is on another computer then the one you are using and have the game installed on then yes. (What ever computer your hosting the server files, best to have UO installed or at least the needed files on the same computer as the server)

If your putting the server on the same computer your playing with then the above proccess is already done cause it can access the files that are on your the computer your playing with.

Additional note - you may need some additional files example: to run the [admin in came command you will need a file called zlib32.dll or zlib64.dll (dont remember if this came with it or not) but will need - 64 is for 64bit operating system. 32is for the 32 bit operating system.

Another file may be the ultima.dll file. If you are planning to use the auction system it will require a special ver of the ultima.dll file.

Thanks again ^^ I already have all those .dll files and now I'm downloading an UOML client that is lower than mine... Can't wait to see if it woooorks!

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
Both Clients should be at the same ver, not only for communication reasons, but for maping reasons. There might be some differences in the 2 map files - on one there is a tree where on the other there is not one. and you will seem to be running into the tree and not knoing its there cause on your game its not there but on the server game it is. ect ect...

Ok, I downloaded an UO client that is lower than mine. I tried it and works (it lets me to choose characters)!
Now, I'm patching it to 7.0.12.0 as you did and I hope it works for me, too.
I'll let you know, dude ;)
Thanks ALLOT!

OMG! :eek:
Now, my client is at 7.0.12.0 but it doesn't work! That's what happens: I can login with a character, and it's ok, but after a couple of seconds it freezes again...
So, I need a lower client... I don't know why! Please, help me! :(

EDIT: You know, I spent all the afternoon patching UO and thinking to do it again is very stressful...

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
Client is on same computer as server. Should not be a problem. 7.0.12.0 (patch 80) is what I am running,
I think this is the one I am using, been so long ago since I installed.
http://www.uo.com/uoml/downloads.shtml - When you install use the 2d not the 3d when it prompts you which ver.

I know the patching and update is a pain in the a$$. I have done that A Few time.. Trust me... Hours on end just for patch and see if work and find out it didnt. and had to del and start all over again ect. ect. I know your pain trust me.

What I usaly do is backup the directory that the game is in so that if the update patching of the game doesnt work I can always go back to the one I know was working, ect. ect.

Make sure you didnt go past the 7.0.12.0 to like 7.0.12.1 ect... and I know there are some imbtween ver that had some issues also not sure but I think was 7.10.something...

Sorry didnt respond earlier. Been hetic, but will check every now and then in the next few days.

Man, you're my only god!
Sincerely, thank you ALLOT!
I will make a backup, as you did... and I'm sure to have 7.0.12.0 (patch 80) :( So, I think to try the latest version before the 7.0.12.0... just to have pretty much the most I can...
I'll let you know. And don't worry if you're busy and can't check this threads to help me; I love you the same ♥ ahahhaah
See you soon, guy ;)

slithers

Sorceror
so I have been absent from RunUO for a while now. My question to you all is, if I want the ML content do I still need to use this system or have all these changes been added into the main SVN.

Thanks
Slithers

What .txt file is to be downloaded and changed, in particular? (I made your sentence bold below)

Wisdom

Step 1. Download and install Pandora's Box if you have not done so already. You can find it here.

Step 1 part 2 . If you don't have any problems with Pandora's Box loading after installation go to setp 2. Otherwise keep reading.

Step 1 part 3. If you have problems with Pandora's box loading properly after you install it. Uninstall it and check out this post...

Pandoras Box Opening Fix

Download the txt file and rename it from .txt to .reg. Then use notepad or wordpad or what ever text editing program you have on the file that you download to point to where UO is located. After you edit the file to have your UO installation shown properly, save it and close it. then dbl click the file. It will modify your registry so Pandora's Box will see uo once again. Then go back to step 1 and start over.

Step 2. There is a more current version of Pandora's Box floating around 3.0.0.2. You can find it here. It has Tokuno map labled and will work properly with UO clients 6.0.0.0 and newer with split tram and fel maps. YAY!!!.

Step 3. Download the PandorasBox3.0.0.2.zip from the link above and overwrite all files in your Pandora's Box folder with ones in the zip file.

Step 4. Load Pandora's Box as you normally would and create your new profile for Pandora's Box 3.0.0.2.

Step 5. Enjoy Pandora's Box once again.