RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO with Mondain's Legacy

wyrmhewer

Traveler
Yea, I quite agree we are all waiting patiently... Just because inquiries were made and I responded shouldn't make you go into defensive mode. So what? I/we want an update... doesn't mean you have to bend over backwards - I get it; but why take an apathetic stance to it all directed at my quotes....Lol. If you scroll up I was probably responding to someone, but I wasn't complaining. I could care less on a personal note. I love the work you've done, I'd like to keep my svn compiles all Callandor2k but if I can't and you wish not to continue - it's no skin off my back; like you, I've got other fish to fry and a life of my own so what?

Your responses to my quotes are standoffish to a brick wall; I don't get it where you were going with it. The jist was that its been a while since you updated and what's going on? Nothing negative about that. Did I have some doubt that you would update; sure I did. However that doubt comes from having to deal with people who start projects, promise people the world, and never complete them; this emu community is full of people like that so why is it a suprise that I figured you had given up on the .svn - again not personal - just an observation and an assumption based on past behaviors of other people who start something and dont stick with it.

Also whether you update your .svn again or not is a mute point; truth be told you have completed its purpose - ML is all inclusive in 663 of your .svn. If people want to add the newest stuff then they can do so by coding it and plugging in the necessary animations and graphics to what ever items/mobiles/systems they wish. Its really not that difficult at this point. And no that wasn't a cheap shot - it was an observation because I also play on the commercial servers - time permitting. On a more positive note: you've done a terrific job and I hope you continue to - for the communities sake; I/we love your updates and hope you continue. So relax a bit. Lol.

Thankfully the above post does not speak for the rest of us...
OP you just come across obnoxious and a right t*t in your post, also ungrateful in callous reply to Callandor. Lets hope your big gob doesn`t result in Callandor abandoning the future updates, because some of us really would love them to continue and don`t have your "it`s no skin off my back" attitude. Don`t wreck it for the rest of us with your arrogance.

I hope everything works out for your girlfriend and your family, Callandor, take your time and get things sorted in real life. We can all wait patiently.
Just ignore ungrateful clowns.

Sythen

Sorceror
Thankfully the above post does not speak for the rest of us...
OP you just come across obnoxious and a right t*t in your post, also ungrateful in callous reply to Callandor. Lets hope your big gob doesn`t result in Callandor abandoning the future updates, because some of us really would love them to continue and don`t have your "it`s no skin off my back" attitude. Don`t wreck it for the rest of us with your arrogance.

You totally read that post wrong...lol... and a little too late. That post wasn't arrogant in the least, if anything - should you read callandor2k's posts, he's the one being arrogant regarding whether or not he'll decide to update his .svn because of the pressure from other people in the community (I wasn't pressuring him in the least)... Everything is what it is, the default RunUO .svn has everything his had with the exception of SA and ML mobiles; in addition Orbsydia has their own version of the .svn which a group over there is working hard at developing quickly so that everyone can have the latest in both ML and SA. So in a few words or less, relax your fingers cause the time you took to type the words in your post is wasted and falls upon sarcastic ears; since you have no clue as to the context of which I wrote the above. :p

And for the record, since you only quoted part of my post I ended it on a positive note:

On a more positive note: you've done a terrific job and I hope you continue to - for the communities sake; I/we love your updates and hope you continue. So relax a bit. Lol.

wyrmhewer

Traveler
Yeah it`s a shame your insensitive attitude before your final "positive note" detract from your whole post. Your calling a guy who has slaved away at this for ages, "apathetic" when he`s got real major bad news happening like a girlfriend with a failing liver etc.

I got news buddy, i still think your an arrogant and insensitive ****. Oh and this "Forum Noob" sent a reply to your PM...
P.S - Number of posts does not = length of time visiting a forum...

Anyways i`ve posted what i wanted to say. Good luck Callandor and i hope your Girlfriend comes through okay.

On a final note, Sythen, my Butt and your face, what a match ;)

KHzspeed

Sorceror
I honestly don't understand what there is to get upset about here.
if your lazy want Callandor's system matched with the latest SVN. go download Orbs SA project. simple as that.
or- do it the right way "like i did", and update the SVN yourself. it's not impossible to do.

and again. if it's about adding more ML content, search the forum, or write it out.
I wouldn't rely on just one person to do all of the work. sometimes you need to do things yourself. :)

Callandor did a great job laying out a sturdy foundation. so build off of it.

Sythen

Sorceror
He's incapable of doing anything by himself, dontcha get it?! Anyway his argument is neither here nor there; bottom line is that he complains too much. 'nuff said. ;)

Samedhi

Traveler
I`m looking for some help with the ML content, hopefully someone here might figure what i haven`t :)

I`m running the out-of-a-box ML SVN 663 which i downloaded on here. Loving it so far and have only one real problem which is making me crazy.. - Greater Dragons.
I did all the facet spawns using the Nerun toolbar spawn option, did the [SettingsML and so far all the dungeons and facets seem to be spawned fine. I can`t find a single Greater Dragon though!
I checked in Destard and the Fire Pit and there is no spawns..? Just normal Dragons and Drakes.
I checked in the folders and there definitely is a GreaterDragon script under Scripts>Mobiles>Monsters>ML>Misc>Magic. I remembered seeing somewhere that Callandor had included Crimson and Greater Dragons, but just don`t know how to get them to appear in game.
I couldn`t find anyone else having this problem on the forums. Can anyone tell me what i haven`t done or am doing wrong please?

I running client 7.0.12 at the moment, after recently patching to see if that helped.

Samedhi

Traveler
Click on the spawner and add GreaterDragon to it?

Hmm just tried that in Destard on one of the spawners, added a page with "GreaterDragon" but couldn`t figure how to add quantity it just stayed at 0 and didn`t do anything lol.

When you run SVN 663 from scratch and populate the facet spawns, should the Greater Dragons be enabled normally and show up in game?

bmd1101

Sorceror
Quick question, after creating the world I headed over to Sanctuary and I noticed the inbound sanctuary teleporters in fel point to sanctuary in tram, is that intentional?

zephur

Wanderer
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place or not, but here is my question/dilema; I have a recently made shard which Ive been working at every day.its version 2.1. I also have neruns distro(not sure which vers..newest one i could find posted). My problem is HeartWood isnt spawned, and i'm not sure what i need to do here. I dont want to have to remake the whole shard just to get that spawned. Are there any options? This program seems like its geared torwards starting with a new shard. Mine is already spawned.(other than heartwood and bedlam). Can someone point me in the right direction? Ive been living on these forums and cant seem to figure this out.

Has anyone here had any issues with bankboxes when using this distribution?

I've had two players tell me that items have dissapeared from their banks, when they were moving items around in their bank, or an item TO their bank

First item was a bag of leather and looted items, the second report was an individual who moved a pile of gold from his backpack, to a pile of gold in his bank

Apon doing so, the items just dissapeared

redsnow

Sorceror
Zephur--there is a command to decorate Heartwood try [helpinfo and look it up, i think its [settingsml or something similar.

zephur

Wanderer
All you have to do is update the server files and compile a new core to make all new clients work, scripts dont really matter.
what do you mean by update the server files? im running the latest patches..not sure what you mean.by "compile a new core" do u mean emptying output first?