RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO with Mondain's Legacy

Deimos

Page
Ah, doesn't seem to work right, I could login fine on existing characters, but, character creation doesn't work, heh

It goes as far as letting you setup the character, then choosing the map, but as soon as you click next, it just sits there with Entering Brittannia

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
I have tried running this from scratch (15x) and had no trouble... so far ;) Im not sure why you can't login. Try this, it's a clean install (no mods) other then the ones I posted earlier in this thread.

Attachments

• ML 143.rar
    6.9 MB · Views: 31

Jeff

Lord
What client version? If you are using the newest client 7.0.16 they changed the character creation packets and whatnot... so you cannot login unless you use a lower version of the client, or fix the packets.

Deimos

Page
Got my first server crash today using this distrbuition, I was provoking a meer mage onto various things, then it targetted me as I'd cast on it a few seconds beforehand

Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Server.Mobiles.MeerMage.OnThink()
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.AITimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice() in c:\Shard\Server\Timer.cs:line 386
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Shard\Server\Main.cs:line 517

It hasn't done it since, but it's a little worrying :p

RoninGT

Sorceror
Hello, Having a bit of a compiling issue i suppose. I downloaded the latest svn from google code compiled it with SharpDevelop 4. All compiled well no problems. Copied over the scripts all the .dll files needed etc etc. I Setup my serverlist.cs for my dns. loaded server fine. Went to log in and when i put in my user and pass the server sees me log in but the client says having issues communicating with orgin. When the server tries to save i get this.

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 4227.31309
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.1
Time: 7/29/2011 6:54:37 PM
Mobiles: 0
Items: 5
Exception:
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
  at Server.Network.PacketWriter.Write(Int32 value)
  at Server.Network.AsciiMessage..ctor(Serial serial, Int32 graphic, MessageType type, Int32 hue, Int32 font, String name, String text)
  at Server.World.Broadcast(Int32 hue, Boolean ascii, String text)
  at Server.World.Save(Boolean message, Boolean permitBackgroundWrite)
  at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save(Boolean permitBackgroundWrite)
  at Server.Misc.AutoSave.OnTick()
  at Server.Timer.Slice()
  at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 0

Client v7.0.11.2

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I figured it out :p ty anyway sorry for wasting anyones time.

RoninGT

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Hello, Having a bit of a compiling issue i suppose. I downloaded the latest svn from google code compiled it with SharpDevelop 4. All compiled well no problems. Copied over the scripts all the .dll files needed etc etc. I Setup my serverlist.cs for my dns. loaded server fine. Went to log in and when i put in my user and pass the server sees me log in but the client says having issues communicating with orgin. When the server tries to save i get this.

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 4227.31309
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.1
Time: 7/29/2011 6:54:37 PM
Mobiles: 0
Items: 5
Exception:
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
  at Server.Network.PacketWriter.Write(Int32 value)
  at Server.Network.AsciiMessage..ctor(Serial serial, Int32 graphic, MessageType type, Int32 hue, Int32 font, String name, String text)
  at Server.World.Broadcast(Int32 hue, Boolean ascii, String text)
  at Server.World.Save(Boolean message, Boolean permitBackgroundWrite)
  at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save(Boolean permitBackgroundWrite)
  at Server.Misc.AutoSave.OnTick()
  at Server.Timer.Slice()
  at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 0

Client v7.0.11.2

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I figured it out :p ty anyway sorry for wasting anyones time.

RoninGT

Long time no see Ronin, glad to have you back. UO is like the flu isn't it? It always comes back...

Sythen

Sorceror
here is the latest Callandor2k RunUO SVN 663+ML - Maybe it will help?

Attachments

• RunUO_SVN_663+ML - [Unmodified].rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 59
  • RunUO_SVN_663+ML - [Unmodified].zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 29

Sythen

Sorceror
no, the guy who edits callandor2k's svn seems to be fairly reluctant to update it, despite claims he has an update ready to go, because he stated he wanted to see what Ryan was up to with his svn release; in other words (my interpretation), I think he's waiting to see if the regular RunUO svn has caught up with ML; which would probably kill the need for him to keep updating. Honestly I don't really know what the official .svn release has in it regarding ML, nor do I want to take the chance at missing anything - otherwise I'd be using it. I'm using client version 7.0.10.3 (Patch 33) with the release above; it should work up to 7.0.14.x, however it doesn't work with 7.0.15.x - I've tried :(

hopefully someday the official release of RunUO will come with ML, if it doesn't already... but since no one outwardly announced that it does (or maybe they have and I missed it)... then I'm clueless and a devoted callandor2k .svn junky.

RoninGT

Sorceror
Well i just downloaded the latest RunUO SVN and most of whats in this release is in that release... Still have to investigate more but it looks promising

Paradyme

Page
All you have to do is update the server files and compile a new core to make all new clients work, scripts dont really matter.

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
I sent an email last night and asked if he will be updateing it. Waiting for a responce before I switch over to RunUO's SVN. Hopefully he will contunue to update this svn.

no, the guy who edits callandor2k's svn seems to be fairly reluctant to update it, despite claims he has an update ready to go

Actually the guy who updates my svn is myself.

because he stated he wanted to see what Ryan was up to with his svn release; in other words (my interpretation), I think he's waiting to see if the regular RunUO svn has caught up with ML; which would probably kill the need for him to keep updating.

I sent an email last night and asked if he will be updateing it. Waiting for a responce before I switch over to RunUO's SVN. Hopefully he will contunue to update this svn.

I am keeping this svn up to date with RunUO SVN. ML progress has taken a back seat as RunUO is slowly integrating Ml into the system. So there is no point in updating anything there on my end. Except for what RunUO updates. But I intend on keeping it going for at least a while longer. Forever??? Yet to be determined.

And on a side note........
I do have a personal life and it has taken a turn in several different ways several different times. For example my girlfriend was diagnosed in stage 4 renal failure and has been going in and out of the hospital frequently as of late. She is now undergoing kidney dialysis 3 days per week. She is also waiting to receive a new kidney as well as a liver transplant. On top of that I have been working a lot of overtime by working 6 days a week and have not really had the time or energy to even think about updating the SVN. My car was recently totaled by a speeding deer that ran out in front of me while I was on my way to pick up my son from his grand parents house. I am fine but the deer didn't make it and neither did the car. As well as a few other issues of which I will not discuss here.

I still plan on updating the svn soon. I am hoping to have some time this weekend to see what has actually been updated within the RunUO Svn. And make changes to my svn accordingly. If I don't then well I don't.

I am very sorry that my personal life has gotten in the way of progress on this svn. I will try to not let it happen again for the benefit of the few who cannot wait for me to update my files.

If this is not good enough reason for my absence then I can always take down the SVN entirely if it comes down to it as this is all done by myself and on my personal time and done freely.

For those of you who are waiting patiently. I apologize for my absence.

And those of you who cant wait any longer. Well looks like you are going to have to wait a little longer still.

For those of you who don't know me personally. I don't sugar coat things. I tell it how it is. If you take offense to what I said. Too bad for you.

migzilla

Sorceror
Callandor2k,
Most of us are waiting patiently and are very grateful for the huge effort you have put forth in this release already. Please take all the time you need and continue to show us by example that family takes precedent over anything even closely related to UO. We hope everything goes well with your girlfriend and the other issues you have on your plate, we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Sythen

Sorceror
Yea, I quite agree we are all waiting patiently... Just because inquiries were made and I responded shouldn't make you go into defensive mode. So what? I/we want an update... doesn't mean you have to bend over backwards - I get it; but why take an apathetic stance to it all directed at my quotes....Lol. If you scroll up I was probably responding to someone, but I wasn't complaining. I could care less on a personal note. I love the work you've done, I'd like to keep my svn compiles all Callandor2k but if I can't and you wish not to continue - it's no skin off my back; like you, I've got other fish to fry and a life of my own so what?

Your responses to my quotes are standoffish to a brick wall; I don't get it where you were going with it. The jist was that its been a while since you updated and what's going on? Nothing negative about that. Did I have some doubt that you would update; sure I did. However that doubt comes from having to deal with people who start projects, promise people the world, and never complete them; this emu community is full of people like that so why is it a suprise that I figured you had given up on the .svn - again not personal - just an observation and an assumption based on past behaviors of other people who start something and dont stick with it.

Also whether you update your .svn again or not is a mute point; truth be told you have completed its purpose - ML is all inclusive in 663 of your .svn. If people want to add the newest stuff then they can do so by coding it and plugging in the necessary animations and graphics to what ever items/mobiles/systems they wish. Its really not that difficult at this point. And no that wasn't a cheap shot - it was an observation because I also play on the commercial servers - time permitting. On a more positive note: you've done a terrific job and I hope you continue to - for the communities sake; I/we love your updates and hope you continue. So relax a bit. Lol.

I am keeping this svn up to date with RunUO SVN. ML progress has taken a back seat as RunUO is slowly integrating Ml into the system. So there is no point in updating anything there on my end. Except for what RunUO updates. But I intend on keeping it going for at least a while longer. Forever??? Yet to be determined.

And on a side note........
I do have a personal life and it has taken a turn in several different ways several different times. For example my girlfriend was diagnosed in stage 4 renal failure and has been going in and out of the hospital frequently as of late. She is now undergoing kidney dialysis 3 days per week. She is also waiting to receive a new kidney as well as a liver transplant. On top of that I have been working a lot of overtime by working 6 days a week and have not really had the time or energy to even think about updating the SVN. My car was recently totaled by a speeding deer that ran out in front of me while I was on my way to pick up my son from his grand parents house. I am fine but the deer didn't make it and neither did the car. As well as a few other issues of which I will not discuss here.

I still plan on updating the svn soon.

I am hoping to have some time this weekend to see what has actually been updated within the RunUO Svn. And make changes to my svn accordingly. If I don't then well I don't. Response: ;)

I am very sorry that my personal life has gotten in the way of progress on this svn. I will try to not let it happen again for the benefit of the few who cannot wait for me to update my files. Response: :rolleyes: - god I love sarcasm Lol

If this is not good enough reason for my absence then I can always take down the SVN entirely if it comes down to it as this is all done by myself and on my personal time and done freely. Response: :confused: - You take a lotta things personally dontcha?!

For those of you who are waiting patiently. I apologize for my absence. Response: :)

And those of you who cant wait any longer. Well looks like you are going to have to wait a little longer still. Response: :p

For those of you who don't know me personally. I don't sugar coat things. I tell it how it is. If you take offense to what I said. Too bad for you. Response: :rolleyes: - you don't have to explain yourself, makes you look insecure since you have to spell it out.