RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan's behavior in IRC [RANT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakko

Wanderer
Phantom said:
You should take me serious because as a programmer I am correct. As an american I am right, thus your gay non-american ass should listen to me.

Otherwise STFU because nobody cares that you got banned for talking about people you have no direct interest in.

How does the fucker Kerry effect you, it doesn't, so like I said before STFU!

I think this post clearly points out why you are not to be taken serious.
You may be a good coder Phantom, and you may have done loads of valuable things for the community, but if that is your excuse to act like this you're still a pathetic lamer.

Phantom

Knight
Jakko said:
Ah so that joke was in fact a rule, hidden as a joke?
Don't ramble.

I never ramble.

This is besides the point, your going to add a forum ban to your list of bans if your not careful.

I suggest you STFU like I have suggested, because again NOBODY cares you got banned for talking about a polical race you have no interest in whats so ever.

And if you do has a non-american then you should allow us to decide who is best for the job instead of telling us who we should vote for.

Because at the end of the day YOUR VIEWS DO NOT COUNT FOR MONKEY SHIT! Because your not american and thus cannot vote in the america president nonmination process.

Jakko

Wanderer
That's very clever phantom, indeed I can not vote for any president.
But as your leaders affect the entire world in a pretty big way, I think having an opinion about it is not as pointless as you think.

Oh and try to reply to posts that are directed at you Phantom.

Kamron

Knight
Although I doubt my views matter in this situation... and obviously nobody got the sarcasm of my first post. I will set that aside, and just say to Jakko, that in all fairness and impartiality to the situation, give it up. It is not worth fighting such a useless battle. Plus, if Phantom is correct, and you can get banned for this thread, then this forum is not as unmoderated as you think, and you should watch yourself.. regardless if you are correct or not in the end.

ditmar

Wanderer
Phantom said:
Simple fact what you think of the Bush and Kerry is pointless because your not an american.

You were wrong to even talk about a race that you have no part in.

Down to there that is one BS responce. You ever realized how big of an influence the US has everywhere in the world? So now because i am not an American i would not have the right to mind me with business that will also influence me, or at LEAST tell my opinion about it ?

The location might have been wrong (or not because there is more totally different subjects being chatted about on the IRC channels), but that's the biggest BS i heard.

Jakko

Wanderer
Oh I got the sarcasm spider. ;+)
And thanks for warning me, but I think that Ryan won't bann me...
I allready told him that I don't hate him or anything, I just think he's a little harsh sometimes.
He allready tried to help me out with a lagproblem I have on my shard, which made me regret I even made this topic.

I guess in the end everyone has their bad moods, and I should try to care less.
I still think Phantom sucks though. ;+)

psz

Administrator
Ryan has more patience then me at times, with regards to people having too high of an oppinion of themselves. Hopefully the next week will cool you down abit, and this won't be perm.

(Remember folks, even Phantom was banned for awhile. Let's try not to think that you're above banning)

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
You know, a few people have made some sense here and I will go ahead and waste the time yet again to explain to everyone that cannot comprehend the ENTIRE situation.

First of all I cam into the room and saw the political discussion and yes, I despise John Kerry, almost to the point that if he were elected I would consider moving to Canada... and I despise Canada.

So I try to quell the discussion because polotics, religion and things of that nature are not topics for a RunUO environment, they are without doubt a hot topic that does not belong here in discussion. I have said that time and again... the other night was my birthday and I got into a discussion with a guy on the shard (Hybrid) about John Kerry, he posed some very interesting viewpoints about Kerry that I had to actually go research to find out if they were fact (please note this guy totally did not agree with me and called me a retarded fucker for saying I was voting for Bush but he is NOT banned).

Anyway Jakko insisted on keeping the discussion going, it pissed me off and I banned him from #uogamers. He was left alone in RunUO. However he then started sending me private messages about how much of a dick and asshole I am blah blah blah you know the kind of messages someone sends when they are mad on the internet because they are safe behind their computer screen, hell anyone is tough on the other side of the world... face to face he would have never spoken to me like he did on IRC.

I then proceeded to ban him from #runuo on IRC and he kept it up in PM, so I put him on ignore. I did not ban him here because the problem wasnt here, it was on IRC. HE BROUGHT IT HERE FOR NO REASON and that, is worth a ban in and of itself. See I kept the problem where it was, it was on IRC but he chose to come here and personally call me out and flame me. I had a lot of patience with him and didn't treat him unfairly... however other people have reported this thread and thats how I found it, people who are not even staff, because they see how disrespectful it is to someone who has given more time and money to a free project than the majority of people here combined.

Please if you disagree with me, go ahead and do so, dont use OUR FORUM AND OUR SITE OR OUR IRC CHANNEL to bash me personally or any other member of this team, because as you can see it will not be tollerated. I ignored this kid and let things go and he had to keep it up... now... I ask you... who was in the wrong?

Kamron

Knight
For record.. I never actually accused either of you of being wrong or trying to piss off anyone.. I Just thought it would be best for Jakko to drop it, no matter what his beliefs are. I see that my posts are still misinterpretted. I have to work on my english skills still :\

Grae

Wanderer
The way I see it, Everyone is entitled to an opinion, as long as they keep it to themselves.

There are three things that should never ever be discussed in "ANY" public forum, those been Politics, Money and Religion. Well, maybe four now considering the way people are these days...Sexual Orientation.

You start to voice your opinion out loud, expect to be smacked down for it.

- Grae

S

SkyMonkey

Ashenfall said:
I too have been banned by Ryan before.. for what I felt was childish reasons. (Stemming from a similar incedent in #RunUO IRC).

My advice: You'll either learn to deal with it or you won't. You can protest, start your own emulator site, sue, hack the core, make funny faces, etc... Good luck with that. But as the old adage goes... "Don't shit where you eat".

Agreed

I don't agree with half of Ryan's political beliefs (personally I think he's a Redneck Warmonger ...but thats just my opinion) but that has NOTHING to do with RunUO.

Also if history proves that you will be baned EVERYWHERE you bring it up then I think it's kinda foolish to bring it up HERE in the forum.

Radar3

Wanderer
cward said:
I think this may have gotten him banned.

I don't think you would walk into someones house and make that statement unless you intend to get you ass kicked in some fashion. While #UOGamers and #RunUO are not a house they are controlled by Ryan. If I said that to my boss I would be fired. Even though this is the internet people are going to react in the same way as the real world. They are going to remove you.

And done so forcefully.

Jakko said:
I think this post clearly points out why you are not to be taken serious.
You may be a good coder Phantom, and you may have done loads of valuable things for the community, but if that is your excuse to act like this you're still a pathetic lamer.

A few words of advice, if you'd like to stay as a registered, unbanned member on these forums, I would just rip out the cord that connects your computer to your keyboard or the cord that connects your skull to your spine... Phantom is taken wrongly by some people as an unhelpful bastard but actually he's helping himself and many other people by telling you to do certain things like SEARCH! and so on. He's doing a much better job than you will ever be able to acheive.

As for pathetic lamer... what can I say? Is there a less original insult out there? Act your age, not your post count. (which, at the time of this posting, was 9)

Ryan said:
Anyway Jakko insisted on keeping the discussion going, it pissed me off and I banned him from #uogamers. He was left alone in RunUO. However he then started sending me private messages about how much of a dick and asshole I am blah blah blah you know the kind of messages someone sends when they are mad on the internet because they are safe behind their computer screen, hell anyone is tough on the other side of the world... face to face he would have never spoken to me like he did on IRC.

I then proceeded to ban him from #runuo on IRC and he kept it up in PM, so I put him on ignore. I did not ban him here because the problem wasnt here, it was on IRC. HE BROUGHT IT HERE FOR NO REASON and that, is worth a ban in and of itself. See I kept the problem where it was, it was on IRC but he chose to come here and personally call me out and flame me. I had a lot of patience with him and didn't treat him unfairly... however other people have reported this thread and thats how I found it, people who are not even staff, because they see how disrespectful it is to someone who has given more time and money to a free project than the majority of people here combined.
Jakko, next time, full story. No BS. k? Good. You got banned in #uogamers, fair enough. I'm sure it wasn't a perma ban and it would of ran out eventually. But nooooo you had to take it to PM and call him an asshole, yet another original insult from the creative mind of Jakko. [/SARCASM] Then he bans you from #runuo probably to stop you taking it in there and then you carry it on in PM! If you don't like what someone does either tell them politely or keep your opinions to yourself.

Jakko

Wanderer
Ryan said:
So I try to quell the discussion because polotics, religion and things of that nature are not topics for a RunUO environment, they are without doubt a hot topic that does not belong here in discussion. I have said that time and again... the other night was my birthday and I got into a discussion with a guy on the shard (Hybrid) about John Kerry, he posed some very interesting viewpoints about Kerry that I had to actually go research to find out if they were fact (please note this guy totally did not agree with me and called me a retarded fucker for saying I was voting for Bush but he is NOT banned).

You were trying to quell the discussion?
By saying Kerry is a fucking fagot?
Or by saying opinions about presidents in the USA by Europeans are "automaticly nullified"?
You participated in the discussion Ryan, and you did it in a very rude way.

Anyway Jakko insisted on keeping the discussion going, it pissed me off and I banned him from #uogamers.

Jakko insisted? We all kept talking about it, it was a conversation between me and several others members, not some monologue.

He was left alone in RunUO. However he then started sending me private messages about how much of a dick and asshole I am blah blah blah you know the kind of messages someone sends when they are mad on the internet because they are safe behind their computer screen, hell anyone is tough on the other side of the world... face to face he would have never spoken to me like he did on IRC.

I did not expect you to go this low.
You banned me from uogamers and runuo at the exact same time, and in my PM's I only asked why you were being unreasonable, and you answered.

"because I can, have a nice day. You are now blocked"

I do not call people names, and especially not in PM's over IRC.
The fact that you have to lie about what happened, really shows what kind of person you are. It's not about being fair, it's about making people think you're fair, which you are obviously not.

I then proceeded to ban him from #runuo on IRC and he kept it up in PM, so I put him on ignore. I did not ban him here because the problem wasnt here, it was on IRC.

More plain lies. You had allready blocked me, after me saying the banns were unreasonable. It's really sad that you have to play it like this, and I regret that I do not have any logs.
I hope someone has logs of what happened, so everyone can find out you are lying.

Runuo really rocks, and I wish I could have stayed in the community in a normal way to learn how to script, but I should have been more carefull with someone like you around.

Dark_Konoko

Wanderer
Jakko please just go away...

I have the choice of beleaving you, or beleaving Ryan. And guess what? I stand by Ryan everyday of the week, and so does everyone else. Ryan and the other staff have no reason to lie, they do not need to lie to command our respect or to seem "fair".

If it was not for the combined efforts of all members of staff (and eaven a fair amount of the user base) runuo would not be here today. I think the amount of work and effort the put into this, on top of real life responcibilitys, is amazing.

So yes Jakko... please just go away. We dont want you and your type here tainting this community.

- Konoko

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Jakko shut the fuck up.
Guess what even if you are telling the truth you still need to shut up.
Because this is how many people that care

Jakko

Wanderer
Just wait for someone to show the logs.
I am not lying.
Anyone who slightly knows me, knows I am not like that. Yelling at people in PM's.
It's something Ryan had to make up, in order for his actions to be justified.
I really don't care wether all you Ryan-fans believe me or not, I learned what kind of person Ryan is, and I guess that's for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.