RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan's behavior in IRC [RANT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grae

Wanderer
Dark_Konoko said:
Jakko please just go away...

I have the choice of beleaving you, or beleaving Ryan. And guess what? I stand by Ryan everyday of the week, and so does everyone else. Ryan and the other staff have no reason to lie, they do not need to lie to command our respect or to seem "fair".

If it was not for the combined efforts of all members of staff (and eaven a fair amount of the user base) runuo would not be here today. I think the amount of work and effort the put into this, on top of real life responcibilitys, is amazing.

So yes Jakko... please just go away. We dont want you and your type here tainting this community.

- Konoko

I really don't think asking him to go away is going to matter, cause if he does'nt drop it very soon, I doubt we will be seeing him much longer on the forums anyway. If not Ryan, I'm sure one of the moderaters will get sick of this just like the rest of us and rid the forum of him once and for all. Obviously it's not getting throught to him, and he just keeps on going. I think he's pushed his luck just a bit to far.

And another thing, there is alway a fair few users in IRC, if he was telling the truth about what happened in IRC how come no-one else has come forward and said anything to back him up? Everyone so far has been backing Ryan, [sarcasm]but I guess they are all liars too.[/sarcasm] So fars it's the word of one against everyone else.

Jakko do yourself a favor drop it, and leave while you still have a shred of dignity left. All you're really doing is creating yourself more enemies and no-one will want anything to do with you. The time will come where you will be needing help on something and no-one will help you, except maybe those who don't know whats gone on here. You're basically cutting your own throat by continuing this.

You're fighting a losing battle, but seem to be too stupid to realise. Either that or you're a sucker for punishment. Drop it, get over it and move on.

- Grae

S

SkyMonkey

Jakko said:
I have no idea, may have something to do with them being scared of getting banned?

Actually I have NO fear of being banned.... (it's happened before) The reason I don't back you up is because I think you are being a jerk.

Sure Ryan might have acted immature etc. etc. yadda yadda BUT this is HIS forum and HIS channel so he can be a dictator and you MUST obay his every wim or suffer the concenquences.

If I backed you up then I wouldn't be able to make a player like you feel MY wrath on MY forum/IRC Channel/Server when they act like you did without being a hipacrite.

(Oh and personally I think the hole Bush family are fags but again thats just my opinion :cool: )

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Radar3 said:
Anyone got a log of what exactly happened? At the moment it's just a "he said, he said" story.
Very interesting... obviously someone who's had no interactions with me before if they are going to question what I have said.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
As you can see from what I have said in the past this thread is full of what I will call Jakko type issues.

The first problem we had he was basically told to shutup didnt, was banned pm'ed me and acted like and idiot and was banned from another channel, kept the PM's up and was then put on ignore.

Then he brought it here becuase his PM's were ignored. I bring up yet again the facts of what happened and he continues to personally attack me, calling me a liar and saying that I am making up all of these things.

If I wasn't busy getting ready for my surgery, or working on RunUO things, I might have more time to play these little games, however I dont.

Here is the final fact.

Jakko's account will be banned for 2 weeks following this post. If, he reregisters on these forums and continues this crap he will be banned along with his entire ISP block and any proxies he uses in the future. I tire of this crap, its not productive.

tbird

Sorceror
I don't know Ryan, however he offers a free product, and free place to get support(unless you choose to subscribe), so I say its his house, so its his rules!

You come to my house, you play by my rules!

sidsid

Sorceror
tits, dudes. this is all just tits.

Ryan called me an idiot once. I was sad.

Then he pissed all over France and now he is my hero.

The story would have been better if it was like...
I was minding my own business in my 3rd world country thinking how my life would be wonderful and bags of food and money would fall on me if John Kerry were president of the USA. When all of the sudden this guy parachuted out of the sky, yelling obscenities about my queer country and how JFNK is a faggoty bitch liar dumbass. I cried and tried to run and hide in my mud hovel, but he just kept chasing me and hitting me and then when I said "please stop" he banned me from all of his web content.
I would have donated a shit load of money to RunUO for that.

psz

Administrator
I can't think of a single political issue I've agreed with Ryan on in the last two years, and I've even discussed it with him.

I've yet to be banned ^_^

It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it, and how you RESPECT the opposing view. There's also the COMMON SENSE that says "While I'm on Ryan's server, I shouldn't get ally pissy at Ryan."

You wanna discuss an issue? That's fine. Discuss it. Don't turn it into flame wars.

Oh, and as for Jakko not calling people names in IRC, he PMd me for almost 20 minutes calling Ryan a liar, underhanded, a jerk etc. and more or less equated Ryan to Damien (Though "not as bad") among other things.

He also threatened to "flood all of Ryan's servers" but instead decided to go to bed (Don't deny that, Jakko (if you get another account), because you KNOW I have that)

And that was AFTER I lifted his RunUO.com ban (which was only in affect for a couple of hours). I went into IRC, and had to listen to him try to argue his case for so long I got tired of it, and unbanned him.

To which Ryan promptly banned him on IRC because EVEN AFTER THAT he kept bitching.

cward

Wanderer
Jakko said:
It was the uogamers channel you illiterate clown.
And we allready knew Ryan can do what he wants, that's not the point.
Never mind.
Oh no, he would never call anyone a name would he?

IMHO-There are two things you never discuss, Politics and religion. I would have done the same thing if some one came to my door, or started spaming me on my forums. Running a shard and forums for over two years has taught me one thing when in doubt, use the axe because most generaly people have little or no respect for your work or property once they go to the extream of spamming. I would never risk my staffs work or my own just because someone did not like to listen to the suggestions of staff.

Radar3

Wanderer
Jakko's been banned for a period of time, Ryan's fine. The problem has been solved. Leave it at that I say.

Ryan said:
Jakko's account will be banned for 2 weeks following this post. If, he reregisters on these forums and continues this crap he will be banned along with his entire ISP block and any proxies he uses in the future. I tire of this crap, its not productive.

You are a bigger man than I Ryan I would wash my hands of him, but thats me and possibly why in two years my shard remains under 100 regular players. Those who like the shard, my staff, and myself are extreamly loyal but we generaly go through 10 players before we get one who loves us enough to stick arround. Most want it all now, or complain because the shard is not pure PvP. But thats ok I will take quality over quantity any day.

cward

Wanderer
Radar3 said:
Jakko's been banned for a period of time, Ryan's fine. The problem has been solved. Leave it at that I say.
It does not mean a discussion and peoples opinions can not continue on the subject. If everyones goal was to get Jakko ban then that would be the end of it, but I don't think thats what everyone was attempting to do.

Radar3

Wanderer
cward said:
It does not mean a discussion and peoples opinions can not continue on the subject. If everyones goal was to get Jakko ban then that would be the end of it, but I don't think thats what everyone was attempting to do.

Maybe so, but I do beleive that this argument is between Ryan and Jakko, not Everyone and Jakko.

loops

Wanderer
I don't get it why so many who are not living in U.S want to voice their opinion who U.S elect as president. I don't live in U.S and they could elect monkey as next president all i care. It's not my business who they vote.

SlapHappy

Wanderer
loops said:
I don't get it why so many who are not living in U.S want to voice their opinion who U.S elect as president. I don't live in U.S and they could elect monkey as next president all i care. It's not my business who they vote.

lol thats just sad

darkstorm

Wanderer
Oh my i certainly have my political disagreements with Ryan but what's this about? He has the "house right" (blah, dictionary is down *g*), if he doesn't like your nose he has the right to ban you. If you disagree with his views, discuss it with him in private and don't make a public show out of it.

Oh but it wouldn't be me if i didn't bash Phantom while i am at it :eek:

Simple fact what you think of the Bush and Kerry is pointless because your not an american.
Next time we vote for some Hitler and you complain i'll tell you the same thing Phantom ;)

You were wrong to even talk about a race that you have no part in.
Race? I didn't notice he was talking about native americans...

bye,
Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.