RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan's behavior in IRC [RANT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Konoko

Wanderer
loops said:
I don't get it why so many who are not living in U.S want to voice their opinion who U.S elect as president. I don't live in U.S and they could elect monkey as next president all i care. It's not my business who they vote.

Because it effects every other country. I believe open discussion of it is a good idea, but then you get the people going around saying "OMG! You want to vote for Bush! You must be a moron?" and so on...

Ahh well, this is not the time or the place to discuss such things. If you all want a peacefull discussion (and not an evil flamwar) then I prepose we make an additional thread for such.

- Konoko

georox

Wanderer
P.S. me and my entire family is Republican. but personaly im not to fond of either presidential candidate as I find it stupid how they just insult each other on the news and TV all day instead of actualy saying why we should vote them into a seat of power in our government.

Dark_Konoko said:
Because it effects every other country. I believe open discussion of it is a good idea, but then you get the people going around saying "OMG! You want to vote for Bush! You must be a moron?" and so on...

The problem is that they really can't make a well informed suggestion on who they think our president should be. They are not citizens here thus they are unaware of the social and domestic issues of the United States. Our domestic issues do not affect them. Suggestions and arguments made for/against our candidates are based merely on foreign policy. Thus, they are inherently biased and not valid as a whole.

HotBird

Wanderer
psz said:
It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it, and how you RESPECT the opposing view.

AMEN

I only wish that more staff and 'prized people' here could understand and implement this into thier postings but ahh well least someone has a clue on life.

sirens song

Wanderer
I would back Ryan up as I understand where he comes from on the political race.
I am currently commissioned as an O-4 in the USN, and I do realize that Having
Bush in office is dirrectly proportional to my paycheck and my yearly raises. As im sure 80% of all military agree, all bush votes are belong to us.

Phantom

Knight
sirens song said:
I would back Ryan up as I understand where he comes from on the political race.
I am currently commissioned as an O-4 in the USN, and I do realize that Having
Bush in office is dirrectly proportional to my paycheck and my yearly raises. As im sure 80% of all military agree, all bush votes are belong to us.

Interesting reason why to want Bush to win...

I only wish that more staff and 'prized people' here could understand and implement this into thier postings but ahh well least someone has a clue on life.

I tell people exactly what they need to hear, thats not always what they want to hear.

If they cannot accept that, then thats their problem, not mine.

Vidi

Page
Who's website is it? Ryan

Who pays for it? Ryan

Who's the head of RunUO? Ryan

Who do we have to thank for RunUO? Ryan

IRC channels set up in RUnUO's name are therefore "owned" by the site it serves.

UOGamers is the "official" RunUO server(s)

Who's in charge? Ryan

Is RunUO a democracy? No

Telling someone what they can and can't do in the community they created is not only ridiculous and silly but stupid and arrogant as well.

Phantom

Knight
FYI:

Telling Ryan what he shouldn't do, will just get you banned.

Point of advice, don't do it :D

Like wise, I have a similar problem, and I always find out the information I need to ban people when they have a problem with my website.

Vidi

Page
FYI:

Telling Ryan what he shouldn't do, will just get you banned.

Point of advice, don't do it

Like wise, I have a similar problem, and I always find out the information I need to ban people when they have a problem with my website.

Exactly.

VxD.32

Wanderer
AS A CANADIAN In all due respect and equality I'd just like to say to you ryan with respect We canadians Equaly dispise the USA along with Bush
We equaly despise our pansy government. How ever the majourity of amarican indaviduals I have met are not all that bad.

So Feel free to bash our / or your Goverment (as we do it plenty ) but not the country or the personel who live within it.

Thank you in advance

Faded

Wanderer
I tell people exactly what they need to hear, thats not always what they want to hear.
If they cannot accept that, then thats their problem, not mine.

Yeah you're so great!

Telling someone what they can and can't do in the community they created is not only ridiculous and silly but stupid and arrogant as well.

Vidi, you may have missed it but that was allready said about 500 times in the thread. Besides that, Jakko was not telling anyone what they can or can not do, he was just questioning the behavior of the head admin.
That's not arrogant, allthough I agree in it being stupid. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.