RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Magic

Slayer706

Sorceror
Script Magic

Description:
Script Magic is a program that can generate a script (that compiles) with variables and strings the user inputs. It has an easy-to-use interface and many options.
With this program, anyone can make a custom mobile or item in minutes without worrying about the hassles of strings, bools, or ints. Script Magic does everything for you, you only type a few numbers and words.
Right now, Script Magic works with an unmodified RunUO 1.0.0 or 2.0.0 RC1 server.
I made this program for a friend who wanted to make event mobiles and items quickly, and he thought I should clean it up and let anyone use it.
If anyone is interested in this program, I will continue to update it. If support is lacking I will close down the download link, but it will still be available by PM.

Future Plans:
Right now there is no "undo" option, once you set something you have to start all over if you accidently put in the wrong number or string. This might be fixed in a later version to add the ability to undo the last action.

What it can do as of right now:
It can create a mobile script that compiles with all of the following (More to be added):
Script Name (.cs)
Corpse Name
Don't show mobile's title on single click, but show it in the paperdoll
Class Name
Mobile AI
Mobile Fightmode
Mobile Name
Mobile Title
Hue
Bodyvalue
Sound ID
Strength
Dexterity
Intelligence
Hit Points
Stamina
Mana
Damage
Damage Types (physical, fire, poison, cold, and energy)
Resistance Types (physical, fire, poison, cold, and energy)
Any skill, all 51 skills that come with RunUO 1.0.0
Virtual Armor
Tamable
Control Slots
Minimum Taming Skill
Murderer
Poison Immunity
Hit Poison

It can create an item script that compiles with all of the following (Much more to be added):
Script Name (.cs)
Class Name
Item ID
Weight
Name
Hue
Loottype
Stackable
Movable

It can create a script for a weapon that compiles with all of the following:
Script Name (.cs)
Class Name
Weapon Type (mace, spear, sword, etc)
Primary Ability
Secondary Ability
Min/Max Damage
Weapon Speed
Min/Max Hitpoints
Item ID
Weight
Name
Loottype
Hue

Script Magic also takes care of all Serialization.

About its interface:
The interface of Script Magic is step by step. You input one value, click the submit button, and go on to the next value. Several functions have a drop down menu that let you select what you want from a list (AI Types, Fight Modes, etc). The file requires no installation, just stick the executable in a folder and it will automatically create the scripts into the same folder as the executable.

System Specifications:
Only works with Windows (possibly all versions, Windows 95 is untested).
Must have Direct X, 5.0 at least.

New additions have already been made, I will keep editing the more I add.

Version 1.2 is now available for download! It may have some bugs, if you find any post them here or private message me and I will update the download link with a fixed version as soon as possible. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome. Be sure to read the readme and the license agreement before use.
Download here!
http://z11.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=42368
*To download in firefox, try right clicking the link and selecting "Save link as.." then save the file as "NAME.rar" with quotes. - Information on firefox downloads provided by pocolaco2.

I decided to upload some screenshots of this version incase anyone wanted to know exactly what it looked like before downloading (These look kind of choppy, that is from converting them from *.bmp to *.gif files.):

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.GIF
    ScreenShot1.GIF
    17.6 KB · Views: 575
  • ScreenShot2.GIF
    ScreenShot2.GIF
    28.3 KB · Views: 388

Tee312

Wanderer
Im very interested in this actually! But, sad part being, im alrdy using 2.0, therefore i cant use it :/

Slayer706

Sorceror
Hmmm, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to configure the scripts to 2.0.0 Beta unless everything is completely different. But I would have to get my hands on a few item and mobile scripts from 2.0.0 without downloading the whole package.
My only problem with making it work with 2.0.0 beta was that something might change in the actual release that would make all the 2.0.0 beta scripts it made before then useless.
It will work with 2.0.0 when the actual release comes out at the latest. I will let you know if I make it work with 2.0.0 before then though.

Phantom

Knight
Tee312 said:
Im very interested in this actually! But, sad part being, im alrdy using 2.0, therefore i cant use it :/

There is no reason you couldn't use it, and fix any issues yourself.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Thats true also, the differences between a 2.0.0 mobile and a 1.0.0 mobile probably won't be that big. Probably just have to add one or two things to the script once it is completed.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Later tonight or tomorrow. I am testing the final version right now. I am also going to write up a help file that has a description of what everything does. Me and my friend that is helping test it have made many scripts that compile perfectly so far. The item section is very limited right now, since I focused more on the mobile part. But I will make another version with lots more features (and possibly make it work with 2.0.0) if a few people like it. One thing that I am working on right now, is making it so any item can have a light around it.

The user will have to use some common sense though, such as not putting a negative number in for a skill or not making the minimum strength higher than the maximum strength. It would take me a long time to put in a bunch of checks for stupid things like that, and I don't see any reason to. But I think this tool will be extremely easy for even those with no scripting experience.

Also if you have a request for something that I could add to the list of functions in the first post, you can send it to me in a private message. I might get around to adding it before I put it up for download :D .

Slayer706

Sorceror
Version 1.0 is now available. I did a lot of last minute bug checking, but some things may have slipped through the cracks. Post here or message me with any bugs or errors.
One thing I need to mention in-case you don't read the readme first.
1) If you add anymore than eight skills to the mobile you won't be able to finish making the script. This WILL be fixed in the next version.

The download link is at the bottom of the first post. Please post your comments or flames. Suggestions are welcome.

EDIT - A bug has been found by me just a few minutes ago. When you click the "Don't Set" button for stamina, it messes up the "Submit" button for mana. I am fixing this right now and will reupload a fixed version.

EDIT2 - Will have to find a new file host, zUploader is acting weird.

EDIT3 - New file host found. New download link is at the bottom of the first post.

Cerberus

Wanderer
OK i figured it out ... upload huts site seems to be Firefox sensitive ... you can connect to their site np but when you try and connect to a download you get pages of code ...works fine using Internet Exploder for me.

Cerberus

Wanderer
Sorry .... Iv only had a chance to quickly run through this .. it looks very good so far .. I'll get a chance to use it properly tomm then ill let you know . But so far +Karma.

Slayer706

Sorceror
I just downloaded RunUO 2.0.0, and thankfully the scripts for mobiles don't look any different from mobiles in 1.0.0. The only difference is they corrected a few spelling errors on their part.
So a mobile script you make with this program will work on 2.0.0. Some things that should be noted:
One is if you make a mobile with the Melee AI, it will not work because in 1.0.0 it was spelled "Meelee". So if you make a mobile with the Melee AI type:
1) Open up the script in notepad.
2) Find the AI Type, it is near the top of the script.
3) Change the word "Meelee" to "Melee".
4) Save and exit notepad.
Another is if you make a mobile with Aggressor AI, it will not work because in 1.0.0 it was spelled "Agressor". So if you make a mobile with Aggressor AI type:
1) Open up the script in notepad.
2) Find the AI Type, it is near the top of the script.
3) Change the word "Agressor" to "Aggressor".
4) Save and exit notepad.

Items look alright too, but I haven't looked at everything yet.
I will edit this post with any more 1.0.0 and 2.0.0 differences I find.

Broadside

Wanderer
Wont even open on my computer i have windows xp i d click it and it says unexpected error game will not open and poof

Slayer706

Sorceror
Do you have Direct X? I am not sure why it wouldn't work on a computer with Windows XP and Direct X, since thats what I have....