RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Magic

Slayer706

Sorceror
I have three computers with three different operating systems. One has Windows XP, another has 2000, another has 98. It works on all of them. My friend Apocolypse that helped beta test it also has Windows XP, and it worked on his computer.
So I don't know exactly what would cause it to mess up that badly.

if you made this program using VB, or a different program it might also require them to have run time files on their system, that might be why it will not work on some

Slayer706

Sorceror
To Tee312:
When you say setting up the damages, if you are talking about the damage types part...... In the readme it says that all the numbers in the damage type boxes must add up to 100 :) . This is because the damages are a percent and you can't go above or below 100%. So just be sure all the numbers in all five boxes come out to a sum of 100 and it will let you continue. I made it so it wouldn't let you continue because I knew I would get a lot of messages from people whos scripts didn't compile because of it. Tell me if that was the problem, if it wasn't I will look into your problem some more.

To Lord_Greywolf:
The program was written with Dev Pascal and uses some custom functions from a package I downloaded for it. So yeah, it may have some hidden requirement I don't know about.

Tee312

Wanderer
ahh i see, maybe in your next update put it to go aboce 100% :) nothing you cant go into the script and edit though heh, fairly simple to do :) just a thought, cause i know i have some pets with 200% dmg, as special pets

Slayer706

Sorceror
No you don't understand the concept. It isn't damage amount. It is the percent of the damage dealt that will be that type of damage. If you put a 20 in the fire box, 20% of all the damage the mobile deals will be fire damage. So if the mobile deals 100 damage, 20% of that will be fire and the other 80% will be whatever you put the other 80% in.

So the percent is out of its total damage. So you can't have 110% of the monster's total damage being fire damage, since that isn't possible. It is a hard concept to explain and I know I am not doing a good job of it. But trust me, the damage types cannot add up to over 100% or under 100% because it may error or have some unknown effect.

actualy the other person is right - the damage can be above 100%
it will compile fine
and if it is below 100 and NO physical is stated - the extra goes to phy
else they all get lowered down

so if you put in 200% poison and the damage totals 20 points - it will do 40 points of poison damage

the program just takes the % and multiplies it against the total damage and does not check to make sure it totals 100 or not

so if it was 50% in all 5 catagories and did 20 points of damage - they would be hit for 50 points of damage total - 50% x 20 x 5 resist types

it is stupid - but i have seen it done and work in game -to me it would be better to raise up the actualy damage and then do the % based on 100 total

Slayer706

Sorceror
You can't because that would add up to 500% of the mobiles total damage.

You can have this:
Physical:50
Fire:
Poison:
Cold:50
Energy:

or this:
Physical:100
Fire:
Poison:
Cold:
Energy:

or this:
Physical:20
Fire:20
Poison:20
Cold:20
Energy:20

or even this:
Physical:5
Fire:10
Poison:
Cold:85
Energy:

The numbers in all five boxes must add up to be 100.

@Lord_Greywolf
Hmmm I had no idea it worked like that. I might make it go above 100% in the next version then. But right now, the numbers can only add up to 100.

Tee312

Wanderer
ahh hehe kk, ya i was confused on that for a minute, because i knewit could be scripted to go above 100, like i said previously, its not that hard a edit to the script lol, very simple edit :)

i know that is sapposed to be totaling 100% but it does work with other numbers - i have seen it done and tested it out - it does to the higher damage then - because of the way the program works

it total damage is normaly 20

and you have it set to:
phy 50%
poison 50%
other 3 to 0
the 20 x 50% = 10 twice - like you said

BUT it also works:
phy 50%
poison 50%
energy 50%
fire 50%
cold 50%

will yeild:
20 x 50% = 10 points of phy
20 x 50% = 10 points of poison
20 x 50% = 10 points of energy
20 x 50% = 10 points of fire
20 x 50% = 10 points of cold

to a total of 50 points of damage issued

the program does not bother to total up the % unless phy is not specified and it is less than 100 - then it applies the diff to phy

it is a bug in the system that allows it to happen, so does make for some interesting tweaking on weapons

*** edit - sorry - did not see your bottom of your post on it -- again sorry

Slayer706

Sorceror
I personally never bothered to try to go above 100% before. I always figured it would cause an error.... Thats good to know for the next version though. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Broadside

Wanderer
Got it to work on my other pc not sure the deal with it not workin on this one but no biggie i script usin both.. Works good should help some of them weapon/arti junkies out there.. :)

Slayer706

Sorceror
Thanks for the comments. My plans for the next version that will be released next week will be:
*Ability to choose if you want the script made for RunUO 1.0.0 or RunUO 2.0.0.
*More options for mobiles (possibly lootpacks).
*Ability to make basic weapons (and if that works out the version after the next will include armor, clothing, etc.).
*Make any item have light (may be included, this is a tough add on...)
*Undo the limitation on damage types.
*Properly space serialization and deserialization.

Hopefully I can get this thing able to spit out ANY kind of item or mobile within the next few versions. The ultimate goal is a program able that can make almost any item or mobile in minutes.

Tee312

Wanderer
not sure if the option is avaible or not (didnt see it in your first post) but you also might want to make the option of mountable, or not. Of course that would be if its mountable in the first place, cause if its not eited in the tiledat, it would show ivisible mounted, but i have custom mounts

Slayer706

Sorceror
Hmmm, that is a possibility. I could make a new section for mounts. The user would have to know the mounted ID of the creature though. Thats a good suggestion and probably wouldn't be that hard to put in either. I might add that to the list of things that may go in the next version.