RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Magic

Slayer706

Sorceror
After looking through the program a few times, I have seen a mess-up or two. The biggest one was forgetting to put a back to the main menu button in the weapons area. That will be fixed in the next version, which I haven't made a deadline for yet.

EDIT - Probably will be another week, my computer is acting weird.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Finally got my other computer working. So I can now start working on this again. Next version will be released by the end of this week. Last week gave me plenty of time to think of some ideas for it.

If anyone has any suggestions, post 'em here and I could probably squeeze them in. I am going to work on some art type things to make it easier on the eyes. If anyone has any ideas about how I could improve the interface (as in places where I could add a sub-menu or something to make it easier to use or look better), please post them or send me a PM.

for creature special effects (firebreth, poison immune, poison strike, etc)
set of a "table" listing them with radio check buttons, and all that are checked get added in -- would be an easy sub page for it

also for "carvable" item - can do a simular subpage - but have it set up like this:
the radio button, quanity, & item name -- with the item name being a text box
(they have to make sure they type the right name in there)
this would be for different meats, hides, ores, etc found when carved
this will allow for custom hides, meats, etc that a lot of shards have

Slayer706

Sorceror
Poison immunity I have already added into this version, it is just 6 different buttons ("None", "Lesser", "Greater", etc) with a heading saying Poison Immunity.
Should I add another button called "Custom", that when clicked will make a textbox for the user to put in the name of a custom poison? I have seen a bunch of servers with more than the standard poisons, so just wondering if that would be a good addition. Setting it up with radio buttons would have probably been easier..... I might change that.

also for "carvable" item - can do a simular subpage - but have it set up like this:
the radio button, quanity, & item name -- with the item name being a text box
(they have to make sure they type the right name in there)
this would be for different meats, hides, ores, etc found when carved
this will allow for custom hides, meats, etc that a lot of shards have
I could do that, but have a drop down menu of standard carvable things, like raw ribs, then have a textbox for "Other" incase they want something not on the list.
Setting it up in a table is a good idea though. I will probably do that. Thanks for the input.

If anyone has any other requests, just post them. I really need more suggestions for a standard item. Besides weight, item id, hue, loot type, and the other standard things, I can't think of anything creative to add to that section.

As for the progress so far:
I am still attempting to draw some backgrounds to brighten it up. I am working on getting a few special abilities in too (aura attacks with elemental damage). So the next release is looking like it will be on Thursday or Friday.

EDIT - Got some major errors to work out, better make it Saturday or Sunday.....

Slayer706

Sorceror
Ok, new version will be released tonight. As promised it has a completely new look. New icon, backgrounds, buttons, and even a little intro video (you can press any key to skip it). The height of the window when you are creating scripts has been shortened to help reduce clutter. I also added a button to view the script you created after it adds the serialization.
I spent a long time bug testing, and I think I have taken care of all of them.

Besides the improved GUI, I have added a few more things to it. I am still adding and will update this list everytime I add something new:
1) Poison Immunity for mobiles,
2) Hit Poison for mobiles,
3) Loottype for weapons,
4) and new bold text for the text box descriptions. (PM request).
Other things will be added before it is released tonight. Hopefully it will be out by 10:00 PM EST. If you have anymore suggestions for it, I can still probably squeeze them in.
I would say this version is much more professional looking than the last two. It is definetly an improvement.

Tee312

Wanderer
way to go slayer! glad you got your pc working again too :) Im like out of suggestions atm :p except for the mounting ability, where u can put the mountid and such, for custom mounts :) and the different attacks that someone posted some time ago (xx007xx i beleive) but that might be some hard work to get them in :)

Slayer706

Sorceror
Ok, heres the new version! I couldn't add anything major between now and 10 PM, so I decided to release it early after a long while of bug testing.
http://z11.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=42368
As usual, report any bugs and post any suggestions. Also, tell me what you think of the backgrounds, icon, and intro video. Next version will be in a few days, and will have a section for armor and a few other things (probably mounts).

cant get file

i tried everything to get this file from your link and it is not working for me. i even turned off all my popup stuff and everything. could you help me to get this thanks.

daat99

Staff member
goddessoflight said:
i tried everything to get this file from your link and it is not working for me. i even turned off all my popup stuff and everything. could you help me to get this thanks.
The link seems to work ok for me.
When you click on it you'll get a new page with tons of ads and it have in it near the top a link to the actual file in blue letters:
Download file
Just click on it on that page and it should start the download.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Next version to be released on Saturday or Sunday, probably Sunday. It will include a section for armor and some other things that I will add in. When I figure out exactly what it will include I will make a list here.

The weapon section will have an option for slayer types.

Anyone find any bugs or have any suggestions?

Slayer706

Sorceror
I have a question, this was brought to my attention earlier today. In RunUO 1.0.0, was it only the MeleeAI.cs file name that was misspelled, or was it actually misspelled in all of the scripts? Someone told me that my RunUO 1.0.0 scripts didn't work on a RunUO 1.0.0 server because they spelled Melee like Meelee. So, in the 1.0.0 scripts, should MeleeAI be spelled "MeeleeAI" or "MeleeAI"? The same question for the word "Aggressor" also.

Tee312

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf said:
i still have a copy of my runuo files - and it is spelled MeleeAI in the script

i know in 1.0, there was controled (misspelled, should be controlled, was fixed in 2.0), agressor ( fixed in 2.0), and there was meelee(fixed in 2.0) not sure what the meelee was for, beleive it was the AI though, and i know aggressor and controlled errors were

Slayer706

Sorceror
I asked in Script Support yesterday and got an answer. Apparently it is spelled Melee inside of the script and only the script name is misspelled. That means any RunUO 1.0.0 mobile script with Melee AI made with Script Magic won't compile...... That will be fixed in the new version I am releasing tonight.
Aggressor fight mode is misspelled in the scripts from what I was told though, so that isn't a problem.

EDIT - Will have to make it Monday, I have been struck with a sudden illness... Headache, stomach ache, the whole works.
EDIT2 - Sorry guys, but I will have post here when it is done. Right now I am too sick to do much of anything....

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Code:
[b]Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Too many connections in /home2/z11zupl/public_html/connect/db_con.php on line 6

Fatal error: Too many connections in /home2/z11zupl/public_html/connect/db_con.php on line 6[/b]

They seem to be having a database problem lol.. If you would like I can host the file for you, or you can just compress it as much as possible and upload it on RunUO..

Slayer706

Sorceror
Yeah apparently they are. I am going to just wait till the new version comes out to upload to a new site. That should be tonight since I am feeling a lot better now.

azreil

Wanderer
Regarding Script magic...

Worked for me as well....Looking forward to new additions. Beginnings of a great script. Kudos!

Slayer706

Sorceror
I've been kind of side tracked the past week. I have been working on it though. I am trying to add in weapon attributes and shields right now. When that is done I will put it up for download.

was just wondering how it was going on the updates :)

been waiting for the new 1.3 (or higher :D ) to come out - i realy like your program

Slayer706

Sorceror
The next version will be out this weekend. It will include a clothing and armor section. It will also have all weapon and armor attributes. That means you will be able to make artifact weapons and armor with it. You select the attributes from a drop down menu, then type in the value for them. Basically like how the skills part works in the mobile section. It will also have anything else I can add in and a few other little tweaks.
Also I fixed where it adds 'Meelee' to RunUO 1.0.0 scripts. I thought that was correct, but apparently only the script name is misspelled... Not the actual word inside the script as I thought. Sorry about that to anyone who has been making melee monsters for RunUO 1.0.0 servers.

It is looking promising so far. Suprisingly bug free. Unfortunately it is taking a long time to do all of the weapon and armor attributes, but I am almost done with those. Tomorrow and Friday I will add in the clothing section and finish up on the attributes of the weapon and armor sections. Saturday I will take some time to do a thorough bug test. If there aren't a lot of bugs I will release it on Saturday. If there are, I will release it when I eliminate all the bugs I found.

Any other ideas for what I could add to this version? I am working on special abilities for mobiles, but those won't be in the next version.

EDIT - Just looked at the download details for the first time in a while, and I was really suprised.
Download Details:
File Name: Script_Magic_v1.2.zi
File Size: 934.55 Kb
Number of Download: 121
So the question is, what eleven people downloaded it eleven times each?