RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Magic

Slayer706

Sorceror
New version will be released tonight, but it is not looking good for the clothing section. I will probably leave that out of this one. The good part is, I am almost done with all the weapon and armor attributes. The armor attributes took forever because I had to make a drop down menu for the skills all over again... I am going to do some more bug testing, finish up the weapon and amor sections, and then release it at around 9:00 EST.

EDIT - Sorry guys, not gonna be done tonight. Tomorrow night it will be released. Theres no way I can get all of the weapon attributes done tonight. Then I need time to bug test and update the readme file.

Just wondering - did it miss the release?
or is it giving you a head ache on something?

I am realy looking forward to this next release

Please keep up the good work

Slayer706

Sorceror
No you didn't miss it.... I haven't had any time to do anything the few days. I am going to a shooting competition in a few days and I have been practicing a lot. I am not really sure when the next version is going to be done. I will try to get time to work on it though.

good luck on your competition
and as always RL comes before gaming (well most of the time anyways :cool: )
so thanks for the update - will be loking for it in the next week or 2 then

Slayer706

Sorceror
Just figured I would give you guys an update so you won't be thinking the project is dead.
I am not sure when it will be done, but the next version will include two new ways to set the Item ID on an item, weapon, or armor piece. In addition to writing it in, it will have a drop down list with the label's of Item IDs that would work with what you are making. Also, for weapons and armor I will include a "Select from image" option. Once you click that option, a bunch of images of possible Item IDs related to what you are making will come up. (Example: If you are making a weapon, a bunch of pictures of the different weapons will appear.) All you have to do is single click one of the pictures and the correct Item ID of the graphic that was clicked will be written into the script. Of course the images are displayed in a very organized format. Also, since all weapons and armor have 'flipped' versions of their graphic I will make it possible to select that Item ID too. I might use a drop down menu for that too, not sure.

Since I could not come up with an easy way to read the *.mul files, I will be manually taking the pictures of the items in-game and cropping them. As you can imagine, I will not be taking the picture of every Item ID. That is why I am limiting it to only weapons and armor. It will have lots of options for weapons and armor, I believe I have over 50 different weapon pictures already.
Suprisingly, I was able to add in all of these images with only a .04 MB size increase.
I am also thinking of a hue selection screen too. All of this is just to prevent people from actually having to go in-game, look in scripts, or use other third party programs to find the right Item ID and hue for their weapon or armor piece.

Reason:
I gave the last version to some of my fellow UO playing friends to use to try to make some basic items. Suprisingly, though all of them have played UO for years and have their own private RunUO server, none of them knew what an Item ID was or how to find it. So that is where I got the idea to offer a selection of Item IDs. Some people will think it is a waste of time, but I want this program to be able to do more while using the smallest amount of memory and harddrive space possible.
My true goal with this was to allow someone with zero C# or RunUO knowledge to be able to make a their own items easily. With this next version, it will be even easier to use.

P.S. - I know there are several (I counted 4) glitches in the last version, due mostly to sloppy or wrong code. All bugs that I have found will be fixed in this next version. Whenever I do actually manage to get it finished. The readme will also be written better (since I know it looks like crap and is barely legible).

just wondering whats happening, have not seen any updates, so thought i missed it some how

i hope nothing is seriously wrong in RL
if there is - best of luck with it

cleetis691

Sorceror
where can i get this? i am still using runou 1. i clicked the link but i dont think it is still downloadable at that site.

Joeku

Lord
Bug:
If you don't have a default program set to open files of the .CS extension, Script Magic comes up with an error when you click "Execute" after the process.

I also PLEAD with you to make a "Back" button...

Slayer706

Sorceror
@Joeku, I am redoing the GUI again, and it will make it so there is no need for an undo button. I am going to try a series of drop down menus and clickable radio buttons instead of the step by step thing. And about the non-default program thing, that will be a toughie to fix. The easiest thing to do would be to make notepad or whatever the default thing to open .cs files before hitting the View Script button, but I will try to come up with a better way to open the files that won't give an error message.

Slayer706;638960 said:
@Joeku, I am redoing the GUI again, and it will make it so there is no need for an undo button. I am going to try a series of drop down menus and clickable radio buttons instead of the step by step thing. And about the non-default program thing, that will be a toughie to fix. The easiest thing to do would be to make notepad or whatever the default thing to open .cs files before hitting the View Script button, but I will try to come up with a better way to open the files that won't give an error message.
make your own text editor inside your app :p.

Jeff

Lord
Chances are this is a dead project. The last person to ask for the link was back in March of last year, and it still hasn't been updated.

Slayer706

Sorceror
It's been a while since I've even thought about UO, but I recently got back into it. I logged into RunUO and saw that my inbox was full of requests for this app. I didn't think that many people used it, since when I made a thread about starting up a new version no one ever responded.

Anyway, attached here is the (unfinished) improved version that I started long ago. It does a lot of things that the version I released couldn't do (like special abilities for mobiles, loot, etc.). It has a preview section for viewing the script and lots of other stuff. It requires .NET Framework 2.0.

I'm playing a new server and the owner seemed interested in this app too, so I might start working on it again. Either way, I will try to make sure this program is available online somewhere from now on.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/228613/Script_Magic_New.zip

(Download link because I don't how the attach files thing works here.)