RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Magic

Except for the fact that the gui needs some visual work done to it( not a big issue as long as the overall program functions properly ) I see no problem with it. Good work.

@Pascal Comment: Eww, I hate Pascal.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Slayer706 again.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Well, I know it looks ugly..... Grey background, ugly icon, and ugly everything else. But I am a terrible drawer, and the only drawing program I have is MS Paint. So until I grow some artistic skills or someone volunteers to draw me some pretty pictures, it is probably going to keep looking ugly.
Besides, the more pictures the bigger the file size. Right now it is only a megabyte or two, but with big fancy backgrounds and such it might become four or five.

Slayer706 said:
Well, I know it looks ugly..... Grey background, ugly icon, and ugly everything else. But I am a terrible drawer, and the only drawing program I have is MS Paint. So until I grow some artistic skills or someone volunteers to draw me some pretty pictures, it is probably going to keep looking ugly.
Besides, the more pictures the bigger the file size. Right now it is only a megabyte or two, but with big fancy backgrounds and such it might become four or five.

Don't feel bad, I suck at art aswell.

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

The GIMP does help though.

pacolaco2

Sorceror
To download in firefox, right click the link and select "Save link as.." then save the file as "NAME.rar" with quotes.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Thanks for the information pacolaco, I will put that in the first post for firefox users.
So far I haven't had much time to work on Script Magic, but I am working on it as I post this. The next version will be this week, but it will be Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. I had originally planned on tomorrow, but that looks pretty impossible right now. Sorry for such an ambiguous release date, but I am unsure of how long some things are going to take me. So far I have taken off the limitations on damage types, and made it so you can choose if you want the script for RunUO 1.0.0 or 2.0.0. Tomorrow or later tonight I hope to add weapons, and after that I will try to get to some other stuff that might be useful. I am hoping for Wednesday, but I don't want to count my chickens early.
EDIT - I also realised that my serialization and deserialization aren't properly spaced. While this will not cause errors, it does look bad. So this will be fixed in the next version too.
EDIT2 - So far the weapons part is moving along faster than I hoped. Weapons are much easier than mobiles, and now that I have a lot of functions already written it isn't that difficult to add more stuff. At this rate I think I can safely say it will be out by Thursday at the latest.

just a reminder with the weapons, that the 2.0 version has changed and added in a few more properties, and thus some extra serialization too
(most notably that you can not custom write the types of damage in the weapons instead of just by resource type a lot easier - it now has seperate properties for it)

Slayer706

Sorceror
Yeah weapons are very different from 1.0.0 to 2.0.0, I will probably spend a lot of time today just comparing the differences and seeing how I can implement both ways in. If I can't figure out a way to make 1.0.0 and 2.0.0 weapons available, I might just end up doing 2.0.0 weapons only.....

Tee312

Wanderer
ya thatd be your best bet if you have too, cause not everyone is on 2.0 yet, but after its final release most will be on it ;P

Slayer706

Sorceror
Well, I just found another easily correctable bug that I didn't catch last time for some reason..... It is just like the other bug that I corrected, but involves hitting the "Don't Set" button on the part where you set a mobiles hit points. The stamina box is made ontop of the "Submit" button making it impossible to set the stamina for the mobile. This will be fixed in the next version....

@Tee312 - I know a lot of people will be switching to 2.0.0, but I know there will be several that won't. So if at all possible I would like for this to work with both versions. If that becomes too difficult, I might end up making a RunUO 1.0.0 Script Magic and a RunUO 2.0.0 Script Magic. Besides, I have heard that 2.0.0 might not leave Beta stage for another year (not sure if that is accurate or not, but I would like a link to anywhere I can find an actual date). Thats another one of the reasons I want this to work with both versions.

Tee312

Wanderer
oh dont get my wrong slayer, i think there should be a script magic for both versions, didnt mean that it should only be 2.0 if u had to choose. as for not leaving beta for another year.. the main issue, as you can read in annoucements, is one of the devs was moving from west coast to east cost (i think :p) so its slowed down the process a while

Tee312

Wanderer
Hope the progress is going well :) actually looking very forward for the next release, makes making monsters and such much easier

Slayer706

Sorceror
It will be released tonight. A few things that make this version better than the last:
*Several bug fixes, including but not limited to the ability to add more than 8 skills (this one took forever, I had to completely rewrite the way the text boxes worked), the stamina "Submit" button is now created in the right spot, and serialization is now spaced properly.
*A few new features, including weapon making and the ability to go over 100% on elemental damage types.
*RunUO 1.0.0 and 2.0.0 compatability for weapon, mobile, and item scripts.
*Some text boxes will not allow you to submit unless you enter something. (This was a PM request, I couldn't see any reason not to put this in so if you have any objections to it please tell me.).

To tell you the truth, I really didn't have time to add as much as I really wanted to add to this version. The next version will come shortly (a few days) after the release of this version (tonight). I hope it will have all the stuff I had planned to add to this one, but couldn't.

I am also planning to redo the interface. I think it looks pretty ugly the way the text boxes stay there after you hit submit, and now that I had to rewrite the text boxes for the skills part anyway.... I can change this. I am hoping to make it so after you hit the submit button, the next button is created in the same place. This will decrease the amount of window space it will take up to less than 50 pixels high! It also gives me the opportunity for infinite add-ons. The way it set up right now, I have a limited area to where I can add new things.
Also I plan on making it look better. A lot better. New logo, new icon, new background, and new everything else. I am also going to try to keep it less than 2 megabytes at the same time (for dial-up users).
So a lot will be happening after this version that will be released tonight. This version is mainly getting released because of its 2.0.0 compatability and the bug fixes. I also want to see how well the weapons part holds up, so I can add more things in the future.
This should give you all an idea to the direction I am heading in for this program. There will basically be at least one update every two weeks at the latest. I plan on doing everything I stated above within the next two (not counting this one). It will be a big undertaking, but worth it.

EDIT - I am getting a strange bug with the serialization now that I fixed it..... It won't write all of it. This may take a while for me to figure out, I should figure it out before midnight though.
EDIT2 - UploadHut isn't working.... I will have to find a new host.

Tee312

Wanderer
dont know how hard, or even if possible, this would be but.. a cool feature might be having the ability to give mobiles special abilitys, like dreadhorns acid rain, grizzles counter healing, fireball attack, etc etc :)

Slayer706

Sorceror
With how its setup now that would be impossible, but with the new layout im planning...... I can add about anything. Right now what I can add is limited to the size of the window, but thats going to change before the next version. Special abilities will be hard because there will be so many options and things that will require some experience by the user. I might make an "Advanced Mobiles" button for mobiles that spawn other mobiles or have other special abilities.

Tee312

Wanderer
ya, advanced mobiles button wouldnt be a bad idea! looking forward to future releases, sounds like you got some good plans for them.