RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static Housing Re-Release

Tru

Knight
Zidane4056 said:
I'm new to this script...

I downloaded & installed it, now what do I do to test it/look at it/use it/etc?
[add statichousesign
then open it (like you would a house sign) and click the button StaticHouse Setup (I think thats what its called in the bottom left corner)
After setting up the region do a [props and set a price and set it for sale

Tru said:
[add statichousesign
then open it (like you would a house sign) and click the button StaticHouse Setup (I think thats what its called in the bottom left corner)

Yeah, but you got to do all the listed actions in the option menu in the right order, or it will have a lock down and secure bug like thingy. So just work the list downwerds, or else you cant secure stuff.

Rakshasas

Wanderer
Sorry I haven't tested it yet, but this whole 4.0.3b client thing is keeping me out of my shard now. Using 4.0.3a doesn't work, UOG new uog.dll doesn't work either for me. So I'll need to fix that first obviously before I get myself around to testing this.

Mortis

Knight
Fineous said:
well the on double click is called from the region you are currently in I dont think there is a current method for an item in a region being clicked upon? could be wrong

Now I can not test this right now as I do not have UO installed at this time.
Other than it compiles.

From StaticHouseRegion.cs.
Code:
		public override bool OnDoubleClick( Mobile from, object o )
		{
			if ( o is Container && from.Region is Server.Regions.StaticHouseRegion )
			{
				Container i = (Container)o;
				if ( m_House.IsSecure( i ) )
				{
					if ( m_House.IsCoOwner( from ) )
					{
						return true;
					}
					else
					{
						from.SendLocalizedMessage( 501655 );//That is secure!
						return false;
					}
				}
			}
			return true;
		}

Fineous

Wanderer
I tried that it did not work. I believe because the on double click method isnt called by the item but the player so you get the default region.

Greystar

Wanderer
Rakshasas said:
Sorry I haven't tested it yet, but this whole 4.0.3b client thing is keeping me out of my shard now. Using 4.0.3a doesn't work, UOG new uog.dll doesn't work either for me. So I'll need to fix that first obviously before I get myself around to testing this.

I've updated and im using 403b and UOG and the new Razor and I can get on my shard fine.

Trilia

Sorceror
I dropped this into my custom scripts folder (since there weren't any instructions on how to properly install this, I just assumed it worked like most others.) and I got a bunch of errors on server reboot

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (5 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Items\Addons\BaseAddon.cs: CS0101: (line 9, column 14) The nam
espace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'AddonFitResult'
 - Error: Scripts\Items\Addons\BaseAddon.cs: CS0101: (line 18, column 24) The na
mespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'BaseAddon'
 - Error: Scripts\Items\Guilds\GuildDeed.cs: CS0101: (line 10, column 15) The na
mespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'GuildDeed'
 - Error: Scripts\Items\Guilds\GuildTeleporter.cs: CS0101: (line 10, column 15)
The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'GuildTeleporter'

- Error: Scripts\Items\Misc\PlayerVendorDeed.cs: CS0101: (line 8, column 15) Th
e namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'ContractOfEmployme
nt'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Help?

Also, once I get this working - what do I do? There doesn't seem to be any instructions for a newbie :)

Tru

Knight
Trilia said:
I dropped this into my custom scripts folder (since there weren't any instructions on how to properly install this, I just assumed it worked like most others.) and I got a bunch of errors on server reboot

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (5 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Items\Addons\BaseAddon.cs: CS0101: (line 9, column 14) The nam
espace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'AddonFitResult'
 - Error: Scripts\Items\Addons\BaseAddon.cs: CS0101: (line 18, column 24) The na
mespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'BaseAddon'
 - Error: Scripts\Items\Guilds\GuildDeed.cs: CS0101: (line 10, column 15) The na
mespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'GuildDeed'
 - Error: Scripts\Items\Guilds\GuildTeleporter.cs: CS0101: (line 10, column 15)
The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'GuildTeleporter'

- Error: Scripts\Items\Misc\PlayerVendorDeed.cs: CS0101: (line 8, column 15) Th
e namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'ContractOfEmployme
nt'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Help?

Also, once I get this working - what do I do? There doesn't seem to be any instructions for a newbie :)
You must replace duplicate files...its not drop and run

also it helps to read the whole thread

Tru said:
[add statichousesign

Dian

Sorceror
Fineous said:
I tried that it did not work. I believe because the on double click method isnt called by the item but the player so you get the default region.

I have not tested this either, but this is what I have on my own static housing system.

Code:
if ( Region.Find( item.Location, item.Map ) != m_cHouse.m_Region )
{	
     from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1005525 );//That is not in your house
          return;
}

Thats a method that checks the items region location. Of course that exact code wont work for StaticHouseRegion as is' but should not be hard to incorprate. If I have time, I will play with it.

joantinet

Wanderer
hmm this is the re-release of the script with a lot of stuff that i dont really need because i just want to find some inspiration to create a house-renting system for static housing...

i would like to look at the original release but cant find it... maybe it has been deleted... does anyone have it or knows where can i download it?

thanks

Atheena

Wanderer
Can anyone tell me how to set the number of static homes an account can have? Right now it only allows 1 per account.... I would like to have it so that each character on an account can own one.

So I am trying / wishing to change the number of static homes per account from 1 to 5.

J

Jimbot

my server keeps crashing when u remake bondaries for houses you need to fix that

Lorryn

Wanderer
Atheena said:
Can anyone tell me how to set the number of static homes an account can have? Right now it only allows 1 per account.... I would like to have it so that each character on an account can own one.

So I am trying / wishing to change the number of static homes per account from 1 to 5.

Try using the search function :D

Xtra Houses Thread

Tru

Knight
Lorryn said:
Try using the search function :D

Xtra Houses Thread
Ehmm you do realize she was asking about multiple static houses the link you posted is how to have more than 1 regular house and the systems arent the same

Atheena...I'll contact you in Private

Atheena

Wanderer
Thanks Tru! The tru god ehehehe.... :p

Lorryn: Try using the search function
Xtra Houses Thread
*shakes head at Lorryn*
Thanks for trying dear, I know it must be hard... not being able to read and all.... we see how hard it is for some on here to simply read the post.... I have actually mis read or neglected to read things before as well..... *shakes head* :rolleyes:

Lord_Seston

Wanderer
I'm a moron, dont mind me. I love this script though, its what i've been looking for. :) I dont know runUO well enough yet to know what methods would be used to edit lockdowns and such.

Lord_Seston

Wanderer
So how does this work exactly? Once you add a static house sign, and click on a post on a house, does it automatically add the house's region, or do you have to use the "Set yard" region option? Example: The building above the "First Bank of Britain", all i do is "add statichousesign" and click on the sign post and it does the region for me?

I hevent tested this for my self yet but after reading through this post this is what i understand.

1 get this script and install it by searching your distro scripts for duplicates that are provided with this one then back up the disto ones and replace em witht the ones found here.

2 go in game and add a static house sign then open a [props on it and go down through the list in order from top to bottom setting all of the options to whatever you need. also open the sign and do the same for it by going down through the list setting it as needed. i say do both to make sure you have everything the way you need it to be all in one quik sweep of the options.

3 make sure players know not to place a container outside of the home so that passers by are able to open and loot the items in it.

doesnt really seem that complicated to me atleast as far as the basic idea of it goes. now about setting how many may be owned and such i my self would think that it would be the same as any other house in the game and by setting the number of houses a player may own it should also apply to this but i could very well be wrong. Anyhow you will know when the bug is finally fixed by checking back to see if the scriptor has added additional notes saying this has been fixed so for all you wondering please do not add posts to clutter this already lengthy thread as it will be well know to all upon being fixed thanks and i hope this answers some questions about installation and use.