RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static Housing Re-Release

Joeblow

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
I have decided to release the script, only because I would hate to see it rot on my computer and not go to use :)... Right now Brazen is helping to design the staff gumps and such, and I am integrating both the AOS and Pre-AOS sign gumps into the system. I figure it is easier to make a few changes to 3 or 4 files, instead of how it was before, which was a rewrite to the whole system.

Is this the updated version for 1.0.0? Or is this the older version that we discussed on this thread coop effort to fix static houses

please advise.

Kamron

Knight
The last post in that thread is talking about the same system I am doing. When it is release, it will work with 1.0.0 and not be compatible with this version.

Joeblow

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
The last post in that thread is talking about the same system I am doing. When it is release, it will work with 1.0.0 and not be compatible with this version.

I thought so. Thx Spider. If you need any help or supprt just let me know.

Kamron

Knight
I have been trying to get time to work on this. My computer at work keeps becoming reconsolidated, and frankly it is inhibiting me from getting any work done.

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
My 2 cents

I read this entire thread because I was actually trying to install this into my server which is using RunUO 1.0.0 . *DOH* :eek: (figured out, obviously, that it wont work) Just wanted to add my 2 cents though...Spider, Im so glad you had changed your mind and are releasing this for the latest release of RunUO. *wipes brow* :D I hope this means you'll be around for a long time coming, even if its not with this system. I'd seen alot of your postings and help while "lurking" :rolleyes: around for knowledge and answers. You'd helped me alot, even though I never posted thanking you for it. Just wish I had more to contribute then my 2 cents, to return the favor and show you that you are valuable even to us quiet lil "lurkers of knowledge". heh :eek:

Vorspire

Knight
its still buggy. sometimes it doesnt save the selected areas if you put a few areas near each other. Its almost like u can only have a max of houses on the server and it dumps an old area every time u add a new one :/ sometimes it decreases by 1 square in x and y, leaving a whole line of un static'd ground tiles on both axis :/

Tannis

Knight
I'm working on it as well, the only real problem I'm having is to figure out how to do the hashtable so you can't own more than one static house.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
Maybe make that a user defined variable in the script?

MaxHouses = 2; //Just change the number to limit it.

it would give greater flexibility over the script.

msondey89

Wanderer
hmmm

i dont know if i over looked them or not but will someone please tell me where i can find these files.

GuildDeed.cs
GuildTeleporter.cs
MonsterStatuette.cs
BaseAddon.cs

Tannis

Knight
This isn't supported anymore since the author hasn't been around for a while and it's in the Archives. Look in Script Submissions for Knives' Town Houses. It's on the first page. That system is way more stable, it has more options, and it requires absolutely no distro editing.

Tannis

Knight
Yes. You build a house, you set the boundaries for it, someone buys/rents it. Unlike static housing though, Knives' system allows you to make a house shape other than square or rectangle. In static housing, you can only set one bounding box. In Knives' system, you can set many bounding boxes for one house, so the house doesn't have to be all one size.