RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static Housing Re-Release

sirens song

Wanderer
I was thinking a BaseContainer edit to give all containers a locked down boolean. Then edit its OnDoubleClick method to check the region the player is located in. Do you want to make this one work? Because I would like to create a completely new one, This one is overly complicated. I have the code that initilizes the regions already done, however I put the project on hold while I worked on other things. Si really we just need to get them to add as a house on the account, Try to list all the features that would be "Needed" for a system such as this. So we can get a nice base to work with.

new thought, sort of a completion of my first really,

make all containers locked with a key value of the mobile's serial, that way it is always unique, and you can security check it. Then make a blessed, non-movable key in their pack with that number and make all containers open upon possession of said key. Just make sure you delete them when ownership is changed. :)

A.V.

Brazen

Wanderer
I could always be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but...

It seems to me, after the regions are able to be established, and attached to a sign, virtually everything else is already there in basehouse...

We do not need them to be demolishable, nor do we necessarily want to hard code a max per account or per toon, but that being an editable option would make it very user friendly, from an Admin point of view. We do want to be able to define custom sizes, obviously with multiple selected areas... Anything contained within that region should be subject to normal decay, unless locked down or in a secure container, erm.. yeah, basically everything in the regular house code, just configurable to be GM defined areas.

The stealing bug does not exist in regular houses, so there has to be the solution contained within the regular housing code.

And if someone is going to rework this system, or is S. wants to go with a new system, great, but a gump that is more user friendly would be a nice touch. (and probably the only part I'm up to tackling myself, if needs be, but I have like 500 tasks on my plate every day already. LOL)

Brazen
Admin of A' Ciotach As Dan

sirens song

Wanderer
we should start a new thread for this, whoever wants to work on it go ahead and do that. For those searching for a fix to this existing system, Just create a region around the region created by this system, set the outer regions priority lower than the static houses region, then Have all playermobiles bodyvalue changed to that of a dead player when they enter, and change back when they exit.

Brazen

Wanderer
"Just ... " ?

Setting regions is perhaps tackled in a FAQ. (I'm very happy using Arya's region editor.) But how does one cause the effect of making people's body values change upon entering a given region? And what other effects result from being changed to dead body value, aside from being unable to use the skill steal?

I'm not asking just for myself, I know the "average" level of scripting ability of those who frequent the script submissions areas, and I'm sure they'll be very greatful for a baby-step by baby-step description.

THANKS for the idea, at least there is hope for my existing static housing areas! *grins*

Brazen

sirens song

Wanderer
use the OnEnter and OnExit methods, Derive a region from an existing region, then change the override of those methods, to set the players bodyvalue, (or mody mod)

KillerBeeZ

Knight
not no but hell no...

it seems Brazen is the only one who has made any sense in this.

No I refuse to change players body values when going into a static house, can you imagine the confusion? not to mention, no player will want a static house, they could never decorate it, mainly because it will always look back and white, nor is adding another reagon a good solution in any case...

No I will not add any keys to players packs, blessed and non movable, think about that, if just 20% of people who make scripts do this, players packs would be full of junk. I can understand using an item in the players pack for a very large system that cannot work any other way, but not for this

those are both kinda silly ideas

normal houses work just fine... why? figure that out and you will have solved the bug.

I apologize if I sound harsh, but sometimes people don't think before they post.

oh and
averisimilitude said:
Heh, only in "IBM ANSII standard" binary.. if you hook up to a Cray or Indigo it's another set of character orderings.. heh
Anyhow, you are right Sirens Song, annoying as all get out.

you sure are reaching, I use an IBM... I bet you do too, in fact I am willing to bet that 90% of the people on RunUO has never even seen a Cray, ... give it up and leave it alone, you were PWNED ! now get over it.... Binary is not as annoying as anal people.

KillerBeeZ said:
not no but hell no...

it seems Brazen is the only one who has made any sense in this.

those are both kinda silly ideas

normal houses work just fine... why? figure that out and you will have solved the bug.

I apologize if I sound harsh, but sometimes people don't think before they post.

The thread was asking for ideas.
Not everyone is an expert.
Not all ideas are good.
But they were ideas, and more than you put up. Cryptic hints do not count, despite what some Devs want to believe.

Brazen has a good idea in checking the scripts for "normal" housing. I suspect it is because he wants the problem fixed and saw nothing here to help him, so he struck out on his own a bit.

This is good, for some people, but most here wouldn't know where to begin. Take me for example... I guessed. I can admit it, it's not hard to do.

I am still learning, mostly on my own because other than picking other people's work apart, there is little out here in the way of actual "help". Mostly I get egotistical leetness. I expect that is my n00b fault too. lol

oh, and
I take nothing said anywhere on the web personally because None of this matters to anyone except those who actually gain the information they needed. All the web is is a big book filled with grafitti to sort through.

Your l33tn3ss PWNEd me... oh poor me...
I was tired, it was humor, grow a funny bone?
People who take their divinity too seriously are sillier than me. And that's saying something, because I haven't been serious since 1970. :p

A.V.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
averisimilitude said:
The thread was asking for ideas.
Not everyone is an expert.
Not all ideas are good.
But they were ideas, and more than you put up. Cryptic hints do not count, despite what some Devs want to believe.

this is true, and the more ideas the better, also I would suggest you start reading some of my posts before you try claiming I have not given my share of ideas and help. I generally get to the point of a matter though and sometimes the best help one can give is to point people in the right direction, which includes turning them from the wrong ones.

Also, the Devs are Devs for a reason :rolleyes:

averisimilitude said:
I am still learning, mostly on my own because other than picking other people's work apart, there is little out here in the way of actual "help". Mostly I get egotistical leetness. I expect that is my n00b fault too. lol

Your l33tn3ss PWNEd me... oh poor me...
I was tired, it was humor, grow a funny bone?
People who take their divinity too seriously are sillier than me. And that's saying something, because I haven't been serious since 1970. :p
A.V.

it didn't sound like a joke, it sounded like you were being anal....

averisimilitude said:
I am a bit anal, big deal.... heh

I can take a joke, IF I can tell its a joke...

KillerBeeZ said:
it didn't sound like a joke, it sounded like you were being anal....

I can take a joke, IF I can tell its a joke...

fair enough,
the joke was that you were right, 10 is 2 in binary... 0, 1, 10, etc...

The Original quote was wrong, and everyone "fixed" it, thus mis-quoting it.
That's the joke.
Like I said I was tired, my mind works in strange patterns... lol

As for the other bit, I was talking about this thread, not the other places, as I have seen your posts. I guess I am going to just shut up now and lurk again for a long while. Like most of the people who come here. lol

A.V.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
averisimilitude said:
fair enough,
the joke was that you were right, 10 is 2 in binary... 0, 1, 10, etc...

The Original quote was wrong, and everyone "fixed" it, thus mis-quoting it.
That's the joke.
Like I said I was tired, my mind works in strange patterns... lol

As for the other bit, I was talking about this thread, not the other places, as I have seen your posts. I guess I am going to just shut up now and lurk again for a long while. Like most of the people who come here. lol

A.V.

no need to lurk, I can see you are not trying to be an asshole

as for this thread, if I had the answers, I'd post them... I too use this system, I will be looking into it, and if I find something I'll post it.

also... another bug

Grim_Reaper said:
Can someone please tell me how i can make it for a account can only own one static house please cuase on my shard its letting people buy as many as they want....

I was just looking into this, if I find anything I'll post it

Also, I want to find a way to make this more of a rental instead of a sale... no matter how much I charge, its still too little for a house inside town...

and while I'm at it (because it would be easy) I'ma change the ability to demolish the house from GM to player

I will post when I am done with instructions for each edit

Well, I appreciate that, very much, because I would love to have static onlyhousing for my custom world... I am stumbling around with making new regoins, etc... and most of it works now. lol

I really need to get some sleep though, I think the ladst time I slept was Wednesday from 6pm to about 8ish... heh.... I am tooooo old for this insomnia cr... heh

A.V.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
averisimilitude said:
Well, I appreciate that, very much, because I would love to have static onlyhousing for my custom world... I am stumbling around with making new regoins, etc... and most of it works now. lol

I really need to get some sleep though, I think the ladst time I slept was Wednesday from 6pm to about 8ish... heh.... I am tooooo old for this insomnia cr... heh

A.V.

40? 41? yeah you are an ol fart aren't you? :D (j/k)

keep in mind I make no promises that I can even do this, or find the time. I have about 15 open projects at this time so I have to prioritize :(

I started with OSI's map, and I'm making my custom map now... I am attempting to place all the new cities in the old city locations, and making sure all the moongate locations and treasure map areas are not in water.. this way I won't have to do as much as far as scripts go... yet it will still be a completely new map :D

I generally only use the static housing in a few cities like brit and cove, but if it was a bit easier to set them up each time, I'd likely have a lot more.

I was thinking about a way to relieve some of the work on the staff for adding these all over the world... let me know what you think...

A player uses a static house command and brings up a gump.

This gump allows him/her to set the yard for the house, the ban location, min and max Z setting, max lock downs and secures and pretty much everything about the house, the price per UO day / Real day is listed (like player vendors) and if s/he likes that price, s/he hits submit....

then Staff is paged by the gump with the location of the proposed house (or a gump pops up onlogin like Ayra's auction system) and a staff member goes to the house and can see the invisible sign, dbl clicks it and can see all the proposed properties if they are ok, s/he hits the button and the static house is created, if not the sign is deleted ... in either case the player gets a message.

it might not be too awful easy (or it might) but I think it would be worth it... also it would put an end to a lot of the posts around here regarding staff errors on making a static house

Quantos

Lord
KillerBeeZ said:
keep in mind I make no promises that I can even do this, or find the time. I have about 15 open projects at this time so I have to prioritize :(

Hehe, feeling lazy are you :)

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Quantos said:
Hehe, feeling lazy are you :)

lol lazy? no

any Admin will tell you that running a world is a great deal of work, trying to take some of that load off the staff allows the admin/staff to do things that are more important... its not about being lazy, its about how much one can do in the short time we have.... 24 hours in a day is just not enough.... but then I don't think 40 hours in a day would be either :rolleyes:

by the way, I am pretty much the only staff on my shard, so you can understand why I need to make as much as possible self sufficient ;)

Brazen

Wanderer
Hrm.. on a foot note.. He is a she... i.e. Brazen/me, is a female. LOL

I know in my gutt that the solution is in the basehouse, but frankly I have looked, and do not understand enough about what that perticular code says & does to put my finger on the difference (difference would equate to the bug and it's solution).

I'd be ever so indebted to someone who can figure that one aspect out for me. We are very leary and the players are doubly so, of any static homes or shops, with the current bug.

As for additional features, hey, as long as features are optional(s) that's all gravey! :)

Brazen

Joeblow

Wanderer
This is an awesome script. I totally love it, and owe big time to who ever made it. The only thing missing is a good readme file. SO I will post what I know here.

1. after the script is loaded on your shard (search and replace some files). Find the house you want to make a static house.

2. add the static house sign [add static house sign

3. dbl click the static house sign. On the gump goto the area for set up static houseing. Start with the top buttom and work your way down. The top buttom says "set house yard" is the same as setting the house plot, or area you want the house to be. (circle of trans works well here). Then you click the initiate house button. This sets the house region. Next are the doors and lock down and secure containers. they are self explainitory. So id the ban area. The reset house region button allows you to reset all the house settings back to nothing, and start over.

4. props the static house sign and set the price of the house and if it is for sale. That is a nice gump for an automated sale. I love it. But I have noticed that on a shard with a one house per account limit, the players can own a normal house and a static house. Not sure why. But I am not complaining.

since I didn't wright the script and can't find a thread for the origional script I hope this helps some one else.

Nikki

Wanderer
i have the yard for this script also, was just curiouse how to set the yard. ALso I have man multi lvled houses. How do I set the signs to be say lvl 1, lvl2 lvl3 of the house? *is dumb I know but I just can't seem to do this my self*
any help is appreciated
Nikki

Joeblow

Wanderer
I found a huge bug with this script. Players are able to tele past the door of a private house. I have reproduced this bug. they can get into a private house or past a locked door.

Nikki I do not know the answer to your question.