RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static Housing Re-Release

Kamron

Knight
The stealing bug fix is located here, as well as a RuneBook fix. If I get time and Brazen nags me enough, I will get to the tele bug after I add limitation to how many are owned.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
the stealing bug fix works perfectly... great job.

I cannot seem to recreate the runebook bug, likely because I never made the runebook edit (got errors so I'm just using the default runebook) I use b36 so I am thinking that makes a difference.

as it is, it says inaccessable regardless of where I'm standing

maybe I'm just not doing it right

Kamron

Knight
For the RuneBook fix you have to add
Code:
using Server.StaticHousing;
at the top.. I tested my edits, they all compile and work.

Brazen

Wanderer
the 5th and 6th fields: HouseMinHeight & HouseMaxHeight in the [props of the statichousesign.

Set the HouseMinHeight one z higher than the floor tiles. Set the HouseMaxHeight one z lower than the next level's floor tiles or the visable roof height... (suggestion. [add bag ... or something in game and [Inc Z 1 until it disapears from your view... [self inc z 1 so you can see the bag and [inc z -1 on the bag again.... then [get z on the bag... that is the maximum possible height for that level.)

HOPE this helps you...

(and yes this is one of those variables I feel should be properly added to the house sign's GM setup gump)

Atheena

Wanderer
So how does this do with the new upgrade... do you have the new files converted or a place to get the information so we can add this to our new upgrade?

Kamron

Knight
All I can say is DON'T USE THIS.

I am writing a new system and I hope everyone can wait for that. Unfortunately it will not be compatible with this current system (meaning you will be required to delete what you have currently).

I will make it as friendly as possible for staff in-game, and for players.

If you have any feature suggestions, please post them here.

big_cat

Wanderer
i feature request for the new system would be a button on the gump to add a yard, and have it add yard including fences and a gate etc, that would be awesome.

I cant wait till the new system, I sooo want static housing on my shard but using new version so not really possible untill new version of this. Can't wait

Kamron

Knight
That will not be needed. The new system will allow you to dynamically create as many 3D boxes for your static houses as you need. You can even include multiple buildings which may be across the map from each other.

To make a yard, you will just need to establish a new 3D rectangle box, or include that area outside of the building in with the region. There will be a way to visually see the regions as well in order to confirm what you have made.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
XxSP1DERxX said:
That will not be needed. The new system will allow you to dynamically create as many 3D boxes for your static houses as you need. You can even include multiple buildings which may be across the map from each other.

To make a yard, you will just need to establish a new 3D rectangle box, or include that area outside of the building in with the region. There will be a way to visually see the regions as well in order to confirm what you have made.

I think what he meant was to add an actual yard to the borders, such as fences or such for the players... like decoration or such

however this would be a lot of work and would really be outside the scope of this system

Kamron

Knight
Yeah it would be outside of the scope....

I am debating whether to release this script. I have recently lost friendship with certain people and I am not very happy about this game in general. Hopefully I decide to release the script, although if I don't, I am sorry to those who I led on. Things that have been happening lately have changed my mind about all of the Ultima Online community.

big_cat

Wanderer
Well Spider, I hope u do decide to release it as it would be a great loss, if u decided not. but definately take time to ur self for a while.

Atheena

Wanderer
OH XxSP1DERxX Please please don't quit on us.... there are soo few of you good ones left who help people... You a hero.... those who can help and do such amazing work..... you KillerBeez, Tru, Mortis, David.... your work is adored by us all... please don't give up on us little people... :))))

Please, Please, Please, Please..... (I know there are others... but I listed my personal top 5 for helping admin with server scripts)

PLaeeezzzze don't let who ever upset you make you quit doing your beautiful work....

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Atheena said:
OH XxSP1DERxX Please please don't quit on us.... there are soo few of you good ones left who help people... You a hero.... those who can help and do such amazing work..... you KillerBeez, Tru, Mortis, David.... your work is adored by us all... please don't give up on us little people... :))))

Please, Please, Please, Please..... (I know there are others... but I listed my personal top 5 for helping admin with server scripts)

PLaeeezzzze don't let who ever upset you make you quit doing your beautiful work....

don't forget ArteGordan, Zippy, Kriios, Ryan and the rest of those too ;) There are actually a lot of very helpful people on this board and it does suck when one of them gets jaded or insulted so much (whatever the case may be) that they just don't feel like helping anymore.

Spider, I completely understand if you don't submit that script, but don't allow the assholes here that are on the board deter you from doing something you enjoy. Don't quit UO unless UO doesn't interest you anymore.

You have my support, and Atheena's, and a good many people on this board.

Us scripters must band together, not compete with what we do.

I know I am a n00b and my opinion wonth be seen probably, but lots of people apriciate your work, and the ones that dont are just jelious.

Kamron

Knight
I have decided to release the script, only because I would hate to see it rot on my computer and not go to use :)... Right now Brazen is helping to design the staff gumps and such, and I am integrating both the AOS and Pre-AOS sign gumps into the system. I figure it is easier to make a few changes to 3 or 4 files, instead of how it was before, which was a rewrite to the whole system.