RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terra Firma

Morgoth

Wanderer
Well, I have created a phpBB forum..

TEMP FORUM!

until I find the time to make one myself. So to insure we have a working forum, this one has been added..

http://24.226.62.28/phpBB2/index.php

And the server is down again, I know it's a shame... But this means we are getting closer and closer to our new connection! AND YOU ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

It means the server will be up...

meep...

Vhaldir

Sorceror
Just an FYI to all the players..

The server being run atm is only a temporary until we start up on our new connection.. (Hopefully Token will have that for us here soon.. *hint, nudge*).

As soon as we get going on the new server/connection, EVERTHING will be restored.

All characters, items and the entire world will revert to the way it was on the old server.
Nobody will lose anything, so don't worry about having to rebuild your chars etc.

Escalus

Wanderer
Whats going on is that the ip is pointing the shard to launch from Trents computer (the temporary host). He is using a fresh install of RunUO and we are just able to log on and run around doing nothing but crashing because vendors dont work, and its not spawned. Dont even log on. Its a waste of time.

But the shard will be restored when they get the T1 connection up and going.

Mind if I ask how that is being paid for? If someone is paying for it out of their own pocket, I would like to know.

IxildorRS

Wanderer
Well token it's ok if you pay it!
but why are you doing that?
just can't understand! :twisted:
Well you love terrafirma very much this could be a good reason!
:twisted:

Token

Wanderer
Well I wouldnt do it for any other shard for one simple reason. That reason is I feal this shard acually has hope in making a GOOD shard.

Morgoth

Wanderer
We also hope to contribute to payments of anything required for the shard by donations.

These donations are more then just giving money.

We will allow you to give us money and you will be able to get items and houses and such.

We don't just accept free money, but we offer you something for it.

Vhaldir

Sorceror
Another FYI -
I redirected the login back to the original server, but there seems to be some sort of login malfunction.. though nothing has changed on the server, it has apparently decided to ignore any login requests..

Upon firing up the shard, I'm able to log in and run around for about 30 seconds to a minute before it freezes up my lcient and then will no longer let me or anyone else log in..

I'm going to do a rebuild tonight to upgrade to beta 19 and HOPEFULLY it will resolve the issue..

Vhaldir

Sorceror
Sorry for the delay everyone..
I've been swamped with work..
Hopefully I'll get it all taken care of this evening..
Thanks for your patience

Vhaldir

Sorceror
Well everyone..
here's an update on what's going on..

http://www.runuo.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6522

Vhaldir

Sorceror
Ok.. I think we've at least deciphered the problem..
now for the lengthy fix.. :rolleyes:

I'll work 24/7 on this to get it back up (and restored) ASAP..

Vhaldir

Sorceror
With development versus customization, there arises conflicts. This is to be expected..

Anyway.. for the players..
The shard is back up!
Have fun!