RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE DEATH PENALTY -- Are you pro or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Medjai

Again you are misinformed, HANGING and the FIRING SQUAD have not been racticed in the states in over one hundred years. Also these methods are no longer aloud under means of the state laws henceforth forbidding these actions take place. What site did you get this information off of, I believe you that you didn't make it up. I simply want to see it so that I can see as to what you are pertaining as factual information.

L

Lost User

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=8&did=245

These two are legal still in place and theoretically possible, altough often only when lethal injection is "unadecuate", or by chose of the prisoner.

Wrong, in example 1993 Allan Dodd has been hanged:
01/05/93 189.* Westley Allan Dodd WA W/3W Hanging

Just 7 years ago in 1994 Charles Campbell has been hanged:
05/27/94 242. Charles Campbell WA W/3W Hanging

2 years later Billy Bailey in 1996:
1/25/96 316. Billy Bailey DE W/W Hanging

M

Medjai

If it is the prisoners choice than we can not claim it is inhumane as he chose it himself.

M

Medjai

When someone hangs themselves in a jail cell it can not be blamed on the US government.

L

Lost User

It is not always his choice, remember when "lethal injection" is inadecuate. For example for people having ruined veins.... See under busted executions what happens when peoples veins are just too ruined to get a proper injection.

L

Lost User

Medjai said:
If it is the prisoners choice than we can not claim it is inhumane as he chose it himself.

Murder is always inhumane, no matter how it is performed.

A

AlejandroX

ratfink said:
this.Person=Person.Leet; said:
pro-death penalty for killers
pro-life for babys

Abortions for all
*boos*

Abortions for None
*boos*

Abortions for some!
Little American flags for others!
*cheers*
Hey, asshole. Don't use my stolen quotes goddamnit!

M

Medjai

Ratfink is an idiot of course he has to pawn his shit off others in an effort to appear creative and intellectualy dominant over those that obviously surpass him in genius.

ratfink

Sorceror
AlejandroX said:
Hey, asshole. Don't use my stolen quotes goddamnit!

Um... that was from the simpsons. Treehouse of Horror VII, 4f02.

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/4F02

Here is the full quote:

% Bob Dole gives an electoral speech:

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, 73-year-old candidate, Bob Dole.
Kang: Abortions for all.
[crowd boos]
Very well, no abortions for anyone.
[crowd boos]
Hmm... Abortions for some, miniature American flags for
others.
[crowd cheers and waves miniature flags]
-- American politics in its simplicity, "Treehouse of Horror VII"

ratfink

Sorceror
Medjai said:
Ratfink is an idiot of course he has to pawn his **** off others in an effort to appear creative and intellectualy dominant over those that obviously surpass him in genius.

Oh man *laughs* First of all I "stole" nothing from anyone here. Second of all I do not have to insult others to make myself feel better.

A

AlejandroX

Thus the word "stolen" in my post. I was being tounge-and-cheek. Humor is wasted on you. :rolleyes:

M

Medjai

Ratfink, again you have misunderstood the "meaning" of someone's post completely.

ratfink

Sorceror
AlejandroX said:
Thus the word "stolen" in my post. I was being tounge-and-cheek. Humor is wasted on you. :rolleyes:

AlejandroX, I would have thought of it as that if there wasn't "Asshole" attached to it. Perhaps it's just where I live but insults are rarely attached to tongue-in-cheek comments unless you know the person VERY well. Anyway this had me a big confused, it's hard to hear peoples intent in text at times. Thank you for clearning this up, no hard feelings.

M

Medjai

Silly Rat, I in no way missunderstood the post. I merely laughed at you for missunderstanding it. Don't try and make me look like a fool or you will end up humiliated. I don't want to fight but if you impose upon me to do so I will.

Alejandro was angered because he used that quote on this forum and then you used it. Most of the people here use sigs from other sources but they don't copy other people's sigs. Its the same concept.

I like Jada's quote, its creative, Einstein said it, but Jada uses it on this forum. I guess I could steal it from Jada and then claim that I found it on a site with quotes from Einstein. That would surely anger Jada as one likes to be unique.

ratfink

Sorceror
Medjai said:
Silly Rat, I in no way missunderstood the post. I merely laughed at you for missunderstanding it. Don't try and make me look like a fool or you will end up humiliated. I don't want to fight but if you impose upon me to do so I will.

*laughs* Med, you crack me up you really do. Frankly you don't need me to look like a fool.

Alejandro was angered because he used that quote on this forum and then you used it. Most of the people here use sigs from other sources but they don't copy other people's sigs. Its the same concept.

First of all, I posted that way the heck before Alenjandro posted anything on this thread. If by chance he had posted it on another thread, I, unfortuantely had not seen it. Besides been using that quote for these arguments for years. Besides it's pretty rediculous to think one can claim ownership of someone elses' work.

M

Medjai

Ratfink, Alejandro used that before you did on a seperate thread. So don't make up stories. Please think before you type. Alejandro didn't "claim ownership" of anything. I find it hillarious that you are actually debating this. I am not even going to respond to anything at all involving this matter.

ratfink

Sorceror
Medjai said:
Ratfink, Alejandro used that before you did on a seperate thread. So don't make up stories. Please think before you type. Alejandro didn't "claim ownership" of anything. I find it hillarious that you are actually debating this. I am not even going to respond to anything at all involving this matter.

I never said I used it before him, I simply said that if he had I had not seen it. Unless you can prove that I had seen it then your's is a pretty rediculous argument. Besides, Alenjandro is a smart and capable individual and is well and able to speak for himself, it's pretty disrepsectful to speak for another without their permission.

AlejandroX if you still have a problem, please post or pm me and I will do my best to work it out.

M

Medjai

Ratfink, refer to Alejandros thread "A more reasonable debate"

I believe his very first post on this thread is as shown below:

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:07 pm Post subject: A more reasonable debate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abortions for all!
Boo!
Abortions for no one!
Boo!
Abortions for some...miniature American flags for all!
Yay!

What are your views? (I am not quitting the other debate, but the religiously dogmatic can sometimes give me headaches.) And for the love of God don't mention....well, erm. Say what you like. Pro-Choice or Anti-Abortion?

End Post

You have posted in this thread and surely have read the very first post regarding the entire thread. If you have not read the post at the beginning of the thread. Which I would think is vital as it gives direction to the entire thread, than I stand corrected and you never saw Alejandro write this. Maybe you read this, forgot about it, and then subconciously remembered it not realizing someone had used it on this forum before you. To be frank, I really don't care and am just joking. Don't take everything so seriously. You were wrong but who really cares, does it affect anyone?

ratfink

Sorceror
Medjai said:
You have posted in this thread and surely have read the very first post regarding the entire thread. If you have not read the post at the beginning of the thread. Which I would think is vital as it gives direction to the entire thread, than I stand corrected and you never saw Alejandro write this. Maybe you read this, forgot about it, and then subconciously remembered it not realizing someone had used it on this forum before you. To be frank, I really don't care and am just joking. Don't take everything so seriously. You were wrong but who really cares, does it affect anyone?

Thought you said your last post was the last one?

I did go and look up this thread after it was said it was posted prior and I have seen it, however I did not view that thread prior. I would have posted on it if I had indeed read it. Saying "I was wrong" on this is ridiculous as my being wrong would depend on things you cannot prove, because they just didn't happen. Of course if there is a problem it is between AlejandroX and myself it is not any of your business.

Ohhh... You were joking *cough*bullshit*cough*
You have been nothing but hostile to me over the last few days. There is absolutely no reason for me to believe you were joking considering you openly insulted me. Please don't insult my intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.