RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ShardPack for RunUO 1.0

vse.

Wanderer
Where?

I'm really glad the SP is now compiled, but where can I get a beta, maybe for helping You with the tests?

A_Li_N

Knight
vse. said:
I'm really glad the SP is now compiled, but where can I get a beta, maybe for helping You with the tests?
The word 'Closed' comes to mind :) We are all signing on to it and checking to make sure things work as expected, and TMS is still playing with the cosmetics. We are also (me and him at least) debating a couple things that could/should be added before trying to release to the public. Currently, it is in closed beta :) Will stay that way probably until each admin has signed on to check their scripts out and give their final words. Once that is all done, we will probably be distributing the pack and be holding an open beta that will be hosted by TMS so people can sign on and break stuff :) (Hopefully not, but you never know.)

I, for one, am working on the next version of my systems and will hopefully get them done before the NEXT release of the SP. (All Spells, FSB and Public Gates)

Arex

Wanderer
sorry for my ignorance, i am very new on RunUo World, but what is exactly Shardpack? or why could i to want use it?

Thx.

Jambone

Wanderer
Arex said:
sorry for my ignorance, i am very new on RunUo World, but what is exactly Shardpack? or why could i to want use it?

Thx.
Did you read the first post in this thread? It explains it.

Phantom

Knight
Arex said:

Thx.

Please don't ask question, when you have not even read the topic.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Well. I need a better way to get in touch with Ryan than PMing him.

I'd like to request permission to redistribute the entire Scripts folder en masse, but that is not allowed under the GPL...so I'm trying to cover the SP's collective butt.

We. Shall see.

Arahil

Sorceror
why do you think the gpl prohibits this?
as long as you keep redistributing it under the gpl, where's the problem?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
The *source* can be distributed, along with any derivations thereof, under the GPL -- the script pack with the RunUO 1.0.0 distro is *not* part of the license :(...so I have a problem.

Arex

Wanderer
good, i have read all thread now, but i still have a question... all scripts that come with the shardpack add features that u can to find on any other OSI-server or it add to the shard new features? I am working on get a clone-world of OSI, then i want know if i will power my shard adding the shardpack ( i have installed RunUo 1.0 and Nerun's distro).

anyways, thx for u work, it looks a solid pack that will be useful for many ppl :)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Okay!

So far the closed beta is going pretty well. Open beta/first release looks to be about two-three weeks out. We have a new website, which is still being built (by me) at this location.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
me said:
So far the closed beta is going pretty well. Open beta/first release looks to be about two-three weeks out.

Soo...that was posted on the 24th, and 3 weeks later would be about the 14th...so no, you have to wait two more weeks to download it.

Darkblade said:
What this suppose to be about ? Can we download this Shardpack or what ?
You can download the scripts one by one from these forums, but the installation is tricky. The Animaltaming system has caused problems before for some daat's custom OWLR users. ( Beat me with a stick, if I am wrong... ) I wish OSI would spend so much more time for testing, than needed at least... Oh and you don't have a neat gump to adjust everything ingame, as you know it from daat's system. ;)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
But we got it to work ;)

We're good like that. A lot of the scripters are releasing exclusive improved versions just for the Pack.

We don't yet have a race/class system in place. I think we won't, either. If we do, we will just endorse a particular system, not include one in the pack.

<p = 2,600 >