RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ShardPack for RunUO 1.0

A_Li_N

Knight
devilstail said:
so this is going to be another spot to get .cs's from ?
Yes and no...this is going to be a compilation of some of the better scripts released by the community. It will (hopefully) be a complete download for people to have a server to start with. A server that will be rich in high quality systems. I don't know if we will be giving support for people that want singular scripts. (I know I will not be giving support for my systems that are released in the SP unless it is the total SP...it's a lot of work to keep track of two different versions of a single system)

Of course, my systems that I'm working on for the SP will be concidered Drop and Go, so technically you could look at the support for the SP and probably figure out what is wrong. (Not that I'm saying anyone will have problems with then ;))

TMSTKSBK

Lord
not quite. It's a full-replacement script pack, utilizing most of the common scripts, but with several major scripts from well-known devs added in.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Most of you guys couldn't see this, so maybe posting this will make the ShardPack a little less mysterious.

ShardPack Covenant & Charter said:
The Shard Pack for RunUO 1.0
Covenants and Charter

I. The Purpose of the ShardPack.

The ShardPack shall be a tool by which new users of the RunUO software
may quickly utilize the most powerful and popular scripts for a given
task. These tasks may include, but are not limited to:
Spawning the world
Adding new features and content
Automating the start process of new shard users
To this end, all scripts within the Pack must be useful towards
achieving the goal of rapid shard deployment.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Plans for ShardPack release have been finalized. ShardPack will be released in the form of a folder that you drop onto your Scripts folder. It will then replace all necessary files, leaving you with the ShardPack base distro.

After consultation with some devs, we were not allowed to release the entire Scripts folder as originally planned. But this method is just as good/better.

Hope you don't mind me posting this comment: Offering the packige without more files, than necassary is better anyways -in my opinion- 1st) Less space consumed/to download 2nd) easier to modify for your personalized (or already running) shard.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
agreed.

SP is intended to be installed before creating a shard, but if installed post-start, it would make it easier, yes.

oh yeah...2,700...

devilstail

Wanderer
A_Li_N said:
Yes and no...this is going to be a compilation of some of the better scripts released by the community. It will (hopefully) be a complete download for people to have a server to start with. A server that will be rich in high quality systems. I don't know if we will be giving support for people that want singular scripts. (I know I will not be giving support for my systems that are released in the SP unless it is the total SP...it's a lot of work to keep track of two different versions of a single system)

Of course, my systems that I'm working on for the SP will be concidered Drop and Go, so technically you could look at the support for the SP and probably figure out what is wrong. (Not that I'm saying anyone will have problems with then ;))

so exactly when will this all be completed?:D

A_Li_N

Knight
devilstail said:
so exactly when will this all be completed?:D
The basics are working right now with one module installed (IconInfo for my All Spells) Lucid and TMS will probably be the next module creators and we'll see how well it all works out.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Saturday, 17th is release date.

Phantom is hard at work at making the pack's directory & file structure, and I'm at work on the website.

devilstail

Wanderer
You can't rush exalance....
i'v been in the prosess of redoing my server...now once the compleat version come out i will deleat everything and put this in but for somereason i haven't been able to login or creat an account..

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Yeah, well, it's going to reduce the amount of questions newbies have to ask to start a server.

"What can I download to get..." --> ShardPack

"How can I make custom *x*" --> ShardPack

etc...

so laugh if you want...but this should help cut down on often-asked questions.

etherkye

Wanderer
just us poor sod's we have already instaled them all now have to sit and watch while people get the scripts without having to do any work.

A_Li_N

Knight
Sotho Tal Ker said:
I cannot wait to see many shards with the same exactly the same systems :D
This pack isn't to make identical shards, it's to package a good amount of great systems into one easy download. There will be instructions and options to chose which things are actually in and what you do/don't want. There are already a lot of shards that have the same scripts that don't seem anything like the same shards. It's all in how the admins run them. All of the scripts that are in the SP are readily available for download from the forums (baring a few that havn't been released yet).

etherkye said:
just us poor sod's we have already instaled them all now have to sit and watch while people get the scripts without having to do any work.
That's what happens when people progress. The people that did the work help out with information on how to make it better.