RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ShardPack for RunUO 1.0

Johabius

Knight
Eagerly counting down the hours til release time...I, and my family who want me to start up our family server again, thank you very very much:)

A_Li_N

Knight
Darkblade said:
Only half of the scripts is here others >.< where are all Lucid spells ? and stuff
OK, what are the other half of the scripts you thought were going to be in? What ones do you think are >.<? Lucid's All Spells have been ... updated/upgraded by me and what I have got done is what are in. This includes a completely custom system with no distro mods. Full support for Spell Restrictions at both Spell and book(gump) level. Support for custom skill implementation that Lucid is working on. (Slowly as to his RL taking precident atm) Spell Icons for the normal books. (Implements my new Central Memory) Druid, Avatar, Cleric and Bard have all been converted, the rest will be converted by next release. No, you don't have to worry about changing anything, each system is independant of the other. Custom spellbook Decos (script side) are working and will be in the next release.
The theory of this update/upgrade to the All Spells was to make things easier for scripters add new spells and/or change existing ones more easily. Currently there's a small bug that I'm still working out when you put all spells into one book (all 4 schools). This is not something people will be doing, however, so I (we) decided to release what was working. I have been working extremely hard on this and the Central Memory to get it ready by this release. I've got it playable when used as-is. More will come with time.

Don't worry though, all schools will be in the next release, hopefully with all major bugs fixed and my decos for the spellbooks in. (I currently have Druid 95% done, here's a pic)

Johabius

Knight
Just wanted to thank you all who have had a part in putting together the shard pack! Been using it now on my family shard since it's release and there have been no problems whatsoever. So many many thanks to the Shard Pack team.
Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to the next release of this great script pack:)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Thank you :)

I'm hard at work on my (personal) next release of the Skill/Stat system - v2.2 -...it should be pretty fun. The next release is sort of a transition release. It really implements the full scope of what I have planned for TMSS 3.0, but it doesn't have all the user-viewables yet...which are really the hard part of the deal, anyhow...(for me). But the major feature that I am implementing in the next release is individual administrative setting of allowable skills, and maximum / minimum values on allowed skills. Secondly, it will not use a "num skills" anymore -- it will use caps, like the stat cap that is already in place. So now, on each page turn, I'm going to attempt to implement some code to update values, display the values, and change the "page" at the same time. Which shouldn't be too hard, actually...the framework is there, it just needs modification and expansion.

The fun part about the individual settings is that you can (or will be able to) create multiple "profiles" -- so you could make Ranger stones, Mage stones, etc., and each one has a different set of skills available to it. Eventually I might even add an exporter to save the profile to a file, allowing you to distribute it when you give out a r/c/l related script where it might come in handy (say for a race that has a specific set of skills, but not TOO specific -- the players can choose from a select few).

Anyhow...yeah...that was my progress update.

only one thing that might be usefull for pvp shards... i got my shard all ready with the stuff which was awesome btw expecially the new spells. still figuring out how to use public moongate, but anyway you could make a playermobile.cs with all the stuff and the adjustments to it for the Fs PvP Point System :D ill work on it if you want. only with your permission tho

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I'm not sure.
I think the point system might be distroed as a Recommended script, if Ronin wants it to be. We also have hooks (via XML Spawner) for XML Points, so we should probably leave the choice up to the individual shard owner.

I'll attempt to ask Ronin.

Phantom

Knight
Deaths Awakener said:
oh alright yeah because ronins scirpts comes with a walkthrough of how to modify ur playermobile file.

Hey if you could do you think you could help me with this? http://runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62964 i know its a little out of subject

If you know if its off subject, why did you ask in this thread? a thread thats suppose to be about Shard Pack not getting you support on a script that has nothing to do with it.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Okay folks. Since it seems like a new RunUO is just around the corner, we're going to release what might be the final ShardPack for this version of RunUO.

The deadline release date is Thanksgiving (Nov 24th), but we hope to have it out before then.

This will be ShardPack 1.0.0, Beagle branch.

devilstail

Wanderer
About the shard pack

i have the shard pack installed into my server and i have had some probs with the gumps showing up in the skill_stat_system this is the second time i was wondering if there has been a fix for that yet

Yes i did reinstall it today and still had the same prob

Thanks Devils