RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts of suicide...

Have you even contemplated suicide?

• Yes I have...

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • Never have even contemplated it...

Votes: 31 34.4%

• Total voters

Rosetta

Wanderer
Shut the fuck up. AodhanW has a point, and you're being hypocritical. Go search some of your post from a year ago.

That's right!
Remember everything you said a year ago in a post on the internet?!
Everyone knows what they typed up in every last random post they ever made!
How could anyone ever ever forget?

You could have a vaild point, but I am just too sleepy to care.
LOL I am dead tired and the idea that someone would recall that kind of thing just makes me laugh. *Tired giggles*

Thanks for the smile before sleepytime.

*yawn* Thump, ZzzZz

WarAngel

Wanderer
Twice;707060 said:
Shut the fuck up. AodhanW has a point, and you're being hypocritical. Go search some of your post from a year ago.

Twice angrily speaks out about hypocrisy on the RunUO forums! Considering the fact that nearly all of your posts (if not all) are the exact opposite of what she's advocating, you've got me in a logical corner and I've no idea where to go!

AodhanW

Wanderer
WarAngel;707087 said:
Twice angrily speaks out about hypocrisy on the RunUO forums! Considering the fact that nearly all of your posts (if not all) are the exact opposite of what she's advocating, you've got me in a logical corner and I've no idea where to go!

Oh god.. Twice is agreeing with me.. I may have to change my stance on principal. *shudder*

Rosetta, I'm curious, what exactly did you find when you googled it? I just pulled it out of my head as it was a perfect metaphor for what I was trying to portray. I Googled it as well, but didn't find any single thing that stood out.

And Warangel, just in case you were in fact referring to me. I'm male.

AodhanW

Wanderer
Those involved in the aforementioned conversations merely.. Read between the postings of those with nothing useful to contribute.

Make sense?

To explain.. Those of us who are having the conversation merely ignore your posts. Or rather, read your posts and respond to them, but carry on with the conversation at hand as if yours were but background noise.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Principal:
First, foremost.
Also, the sum of money advanced and or currently owed for a loan.
There are a few other finance-related definitions.
Head of a school. "First teacher", if you will.

Principle: Axiom, belief. In a stricter sense, can be construed as "law".

WarAngel

Wanderer
AodhanW;707108 said:
Or rather, read your posts and respond to them, but carry on with the conversation at hand as if yours were but background noise.

What a crock of shit. There is no conversation being carried on. The past two or three pages of the topic verify that pretty well.

This is Starbucks. One prissy bitch isn't going to change a thing about how topics work here.

WarAngel

Wanderer
AodhanW;707123 said:
Then stop trying? We were tired of hearing you whine anyway.

Err... I'm not trying to change how anything works, so that was referring to you. Seriously, this is how Starbucks works:

Topic is created.
Some people post on-topic, other people don't.
You reply to what you want, ignore the rest.

That's how it has always worked.

And stop saying "we", unless you are royalty. If everyone else wants to tell me how annoying I'm being, that's fine, but I somehow don't think you are their speaker either way.

AodhanW

Wanderer
WarAngel;707135 said:
Topic is created.
Some people post on-topic, other people don't.
You reply to what you want, ignore the rest.

Ok, and how exactly am I trying to change anything then? I am responding, relatively on topic to the topic at the time. I'm ignoring those I choose to ignore, and replying to what I want. I am in no way trying to take away your right to do the same. So whats the problem?

And stop saying "we", unless you are royalty. If everyone else wants to tell me how annoying I'm being, that's fine, but I somehow don't think you are their speaker either way.

You're right.. And I speak only for myself. So on behalf of myself, you really are being quite annoying and belaboring a point you could just as easily ignore. But you must wish to continue to reply to this topic, and so you do, and so do I. So long as we're all happily doing what Starbucks was meant for, I fail to see the problem in us snarking, picking, and having intelligent conversations as well.

So what was your problem again?

WarAngel

Wanderer
Your whining at Joeku for not wanting to post anymore. You can do whatever you feel like, but you were acting like I was stepping out of line by saying anything so I replied. Feel free to post however you like, but wasting your time whining about how we aren't into Big Love and that nonsense will accomplish nothing. Just letting you know. Carry on.

Rosetta

Wanderer
AodhanW;707103 said:
Rosetta, I'm curious, what exactly did you find when you googled it? I just pulled it out of my head as it was a perfect metaphor for what I was trying to portray. I Googled it as well, but didn't find any single thing that stood out.

Just this religious site.
The posts being made were talking about what did the Bible mean or not mean with rape. So it seemed relevant that I would find a religious page with the saying.

I was hoping it was a popular quote from literature or a fun origin like "not to turn a hair", or to "eat crow" I am big into learning quirks in phrases and their histories.

Looking back at this and taking more than a 2 second google search for the saying I found much more satisfying information on the phrase however.

If a starbucks thread in the past few months doesnt make you want to off yourself, then something is wrong. Although with this one, you get the beauty of irony.

AodhanW

Wanderer
WarAngel;707142 said:
Your whining at Joeku for not wanting to post anymore.

At no point in any of my posts was I *whining* at Joeku for not wanting to post anymore. Merely giving an opinion on his stated reason for not posting.

You can do whatever you feel like, but you were acting like I was stepping out of line by saying anything so I replied. Feel free to post however you like, but wasting your time whining about how we aren't into Big Love and that nonsense will accomplish nothing. Just letting you know. Carry on.

I would also state that perhaps you should refrain from using "We" unless you are royalty or MPD. That being said, you do have more authority in using it than I do, having been here much longer. I guess my take on it was that there were a few of us who were in fact having a conversation on the 'touchy-feely' vein, and there were those here who saw fit to flame it down.

Its not that there are none who are interested in this type of conversation, merely those who see fit to post in a conversation that they aren't interested in in any real way. If the topic and style of conversation doesn't interest you, why post here at all? As if the title of the topic wasn't reason enough to avoid reading it if you aren't into that kind of thing?

On the other hand, you have every RIGHT to post here, however you like. Perhaps in the future you would consider avoiding posting in those threads with topics you have no real interest in contributing to. And thus keep posting in 'One Thing (2)'.